Educational

Author Topic: The scourge of helicopter parenting.  (Read 881 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
The scourge of helicopter parenting.
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:20:14 PM »
I see it everywhere and it disgusts me.

THIS is what is dumbing down America and the rest of the western world who practices this shit.

It programs children to be infantalized their whole lives, growing up to see totalitarianism as benevolent.

Here's a bit of how we USED to grow up.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/the-years-of-living-dangerously/ss-AA8uwNH#image=1

Oh, that and my high school had an underground shooting range where kids brought their guns to school, yet there were never any school shootings.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: The scourge of helicopter parenting.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 06:00:52 PM »
Helicopter parents need to crash and burn along with their misbegotten offspring.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 06:56:20 PM »
Have a set of lawn darts with original packaging. Not sure why safety caps on cleaners and meds is considered safety overkill though.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 07:44:15 PM »

THIS is what is dumbing down America and the rest of the western world who practices this shit.

It programs children to be infantalized their whole lives, growing up to see totalitarianism as benevolent.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/the-years-of-living-dangerously/ss-AA8uwNH#image=1

Oh, that and my high school had an underground shooting range where kids brought their guns to school, yet there were never any school shootings.

My high school had a rifle team :thumbup:

We used to get the dirty looks from some of the other parents at the school and the neighborhood  because we let the kids do a lot of the same things we did as kids like build forts and play down in the marsh and woods without standing over them.

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 10:50:49 PM »
My uncle damaged the back shed from an explosion made by his chemistry set.

I remember playing down at the creek where there was heaps of clay and tadpoles. We would spend all day there without my mum being able to contact us. I also remember playgrounds where you would burn yourself on the metal on the slide and monkey bars. There were no soft landings either, just black sand.

Our parents used to leave the four of us in the car while they did the shopping. We used to have huge arguments and punch-ups. But we all turned out ok.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 11:06:23 PM »
How did Scrappy's kids turn out?  :dunno:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 12:23:18 AM »
Oh, they are all in jail. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 08:18:40 AM »

We used to get the dirty looks from some of the other parents at the school and the neighborhood  because we let the kids do a lot of the same things we did as kids like build forts and play down in the marsh and woods without standing over them.

You probably got a lot less judgment though as the father, they reserve the worst for the mother normally. :LOL:

I used to let mine go and play in the woods and explore with his friend. The neighbor on the corner thought it was her god-given duty to run to my house and tell me every time she saw them in the woods...because they might get hurt. :GA:

I used to play along the side of "the grand canyon of the east". :viking:
http://www.photobotos.com/great-bend/

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »

You probably got a lot less judgment though as the father, they reserve the worst for the mother normally. :LOL:

I used to let mine go and play in the woods and explore with his friend. The neighbor on the corner thought it was her god-given duty to run to my house and tell me every time she saw them in the woods...because they might get hurt. :GA:

Wow nothing so dramatic here. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
Helicopter parents need to crash and burn along with their misbegotten offspring.

:lol1:      :agreed:

Have a set of lawn darts with original packaging. Not sure why safety caps on cleaners and meds is considered safety overkill though.

Lawn Darts are    :viking:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 06:08:49 PM »

Awesome!!  Unfortunately for me, our school shooting range was shut down in the late 70's due to worries of lead contamination.

ALL kids should be raised this way, it builds charachter & shit.    8)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
I remember playing down at the creek where there was heaps of clay and tadpoles. We would spend all day there without my mum being able to contact us. I also remember playgrounds where you would burn yourself on the metal on the slide and monkey bars. There were no soft landings either, just black sand.

My childhood was the same way. All kids should play in the woods.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 06:16:09 PM »

Those are the worst kinds of parents IMO. Not only do they feel the need to coddle their own children, but they think others children should be coddled too.

:viking:  indeed.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 02:57:42 AM »
The swing of the pendulum is going the other way again. More and more "natural playgrounds" with signs telling parents that their kids will get dirty, and that there will be scratches and abrasions. If need be, there is a first aid kit around.
Quite the hype lately, in places that have little space for kids to find places like that "in the wild".

Don't think in my village anyone will be worried about kids playing in woods unsupervised. Most people will tell a toddler to go home when found near open water though, or on a busy traffic road.
There is overprotection, and there is sensible precaution.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 12:05:20 AM »

My childhood was the same way. All kids should play in the woods.

Agreed. Without their mobile phones and whatnot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein