Author Topic: For poor Odeon  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: For poor Odeon
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 12:39:41 PM »
Yawn.  You could say the Soviets mass murdered millions in the name of atheism, does that mean atheism is evil?

No you can't. The Soviets were motivated by the quasi-religion of Stalinist Communism. The ideology incorporates all the same mind control elements as religion

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »
"Those who believe in absurdities can commit atrocities"  - Voltaire

So basically every religion ever then?  :dunno:

Yawn.  You could say the Soviets mass murdered millions in the name of atheism, does that mean atheism is evil?

The Soviets did not do anything in the name of Atheism. Atheism is not a religion. It is a lack of said religion. A belief in science in logic over faith and outdated books. Morality is not based upon who your imaginary friend is.

A lack of beliefs in invisible sky gods is not evil. Believing in invisible sky gods is not evil. Using your belief in said invisible sky gods as "justification" to hurt people, whether that is denying civil rights, committing hate crimes or committing mass murder.

Now that's fucking evil.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 12:52:30 PM »
The Soviets liquidated millions of religious people, because of their religion.  So if a religious government liquidated millions of atheists, because they weren't religious, would you say it had nothing to do with religion?

I'm an atheist, but not the kind of cult your part of, who spend most of their days thinking about religion.  Lots of the crimes throughout history would have happened with or without religion.  Leaders and such use it to rally people together to support the same cause, when they are frauds themselves. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 01:46:42 PM »
The Soviets liquidated millions of religious people, because of their religion.

Yes, because Stalinism was a rival religion and it's one of the characteristics of religion to try to eliminate the competition.

You are surprisingly ignorant of how religion works.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 04:12:55 AM »
I'd like to watch them, I really would, but there's some paint drying on the wall and I really need to pay attention to that. :zoinks:

You mean you're too closed minded and need to be right.  Either watch it or shut the fuck up.

Or I could simply continue posting in this thread, just to annoy you.  :hahaha:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 04:14:10 AM »

No you can't. The Soviets were motivated by the quasi-religion of Stalinist Communism. The ideology incorporates all the same mind control elements as religion

Benji prefers to ignore anything that doesn't suit him.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 04:15:45 AM »
The Soviets liquidated millions of religious people, because of their religion.  So if a religious government liquidated millions of atheists, because they weren't religious, would you say it had nothing to do with religion?

I'm an atheist, but not the kind of cult your part of, who spend most of their days thinking about religion.  Lots of the crimes throughout history would have happened with or without religion.  Leaders and such use it to rally people together to support the same cause, when they are frauds themselves.

You really suck at this, don't you?

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »
The Soviets liquidated millions of religious people, because of their religion.

Yes, because Stalinism was a rival religion and it's one of the characteristics of religion to try to eliminate the competition.

You are surprisingly ignorant of how religion works.

Stalin, Trotsky and Lenin, liquidated people because they were religious.  Stalinism was a political ideology, not a religion.  Stalin killed millions in the name of communism, but that doesn't mean communism is evil, and Marx and Engels would be turning in their grave i'd imagine. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »
I'd like to watch them, I really would, but there's some paint drying on the wall and I really need to pay attention to that. :zoinks:

You mean you're too closed minded and need to be right.  Either watch it or shut the fuck up.

I left you a numerous points to address, but you couldn't deal with them, so you've resorted to insults etc.  Don't talk about politics. 

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »
Stalin, Trotsky and Lenin, liquidated people because they were religious. Stalinism was a political ideology, not a religion.

That's where you are wrong. Stalinism included many clearly supernatural claims about Stalin and the effects of his policies.

When you marry a totalitarian dogma with the supernatural, you're clearly well within religious territory. Kim-ism is an even more clear example of this.

This is why they killed so many religious believers, the same reason that ISIS does. All religions spread by outcompeting rival religions, this means killing all who won't convert.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »
Yes, he thought he was a super being, it has nothing to do with religion.

And so, Trotsky and Lenin killing millions who were religious? 

If Team America hadn't swarmed in, there'd be no ISIS.  Isn't it funny that they've gone in and attacked secular countries like Iraq and Syria?  Or at least helped with the Syrian conflict.  Saddam and Assad would keep these types out of the way. 

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 07:50:26 PM »

No, Stalin didn't actually believe the BS he spewed, that was just part of the propaganda for the masses.

Read your sentence again, then re-read it until you figure out what's wrong with it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 02:18:23 AM »

I left you a numerous points to address, but you couldn't deal with them, so you've resorted to insults etc.  Don't talk about politics.

:rofl:

You don't have "points", you have links and parroted conspiracy theories. You're simply a garden variety kook with a rather weak understanding of the real world. But hey, don't let that stop you. You know you want to, and every site needs a kook.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 02:20:11 AM »

No, Stalin didn't actually believe the BS he spewed, that was just part of the propaganda for the masses.

Read your sentence again, then re-read it until you figure out what's wrong with it.

He won't. He isn't the type to admit how wrong he is.

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 11:37:52 AM »
This thread is deeply satisfying.  With the way the world spins so quickly and seemingly out of control, it's emotionally comforting to know that there is a small corner of the internet that I can go and visit, where the characters never change though the conversation does.  It's like knowing that your favorite sitcom will never be cancelled and never grow stale. :)