Educational

Author Topic: OKCupid asks users to boycott Firefox because of CEO's gay rights stance  (Read 1421 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
That last one is not a design flaw with democracy but rather your country. :trollface:

Kidding. Seriously, though, the very size of your country does present some interesting challenges. I know there are sociologists who believe that your country will eventually break up into smaller ones.

No, it really is a design flaw with the country.  You're not wrong.

/shrugs

If you consider geography to be a design flaw, sure.
No, treating the whole thing like it's uniform is a design flaw.  Same issue you have with education.  :P  Though my main issues aren't about crushing individuality, they're about how totally broken the whole goddamn system is.

Ah, right. I misread.

But was it broken because of a design flaw? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
That last one is not a design flaw with democracy but rather your country. :trollface:

Kidding. Seriously, though, the very size of your country does present some interesting challenges. I know there are sociologists who believe that your country will eventually break up into smaller ones.

No, it really is a design flaw with the country.  You're not wrong.

/shrugs

If you consider geography to be a design flaw, sure.
No, treating the whole thing like it's uniform is a design flaw.  Same issue you have with education.  :P  Though my main issues aren't about crushing individuality, they're about how totally broken the whole goddamn system is.

Ah, right. I misread.

But was it broken because of a design flaw? :-\
The original design has neither aged well nor scaled well.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
Well, the original design had a few holes in it, IMHO.

It's been a few days. Do you think anyone remembers the Mozilla incident now?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore

The what?   :autism:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Well, people seem to have a problem with the fact that the guy believes a certain way. I think it actually does address the problem to stop using the services provided by someone you don't like if you think their beliefs will somehow "get on you" if you do.

ITT: Don't like someone? Don't associate with them. Don't do business with them. Ostracize them. Just don't try and force them to do anything. People have a lot more control over this stuff than they are willing to admit.
Isn't that exactly what happened?

No, they took it further and engaged in social justice warfare. That's wrong.
why?

Its coercive. Trying to force people to think in a way you find preferable is no different than the bigotry these homophobic types are accused of.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Well, people seem to have a problem with the fact that the guy believes a certain way. I think it actually does address the problem to stop using the services provided by someone you don't like if you think their beliefs will somehow "get on you" if you do.

ITT: Don't like someone? Don't associate with them. Don't do business with them. Ostracize them. Just don't try and force them to do anything. People have a lot more control over this stuff than they are willing to admit.
Isn't that exactly what happened?

No, they took it further and engaged in social justice warfare. That's wrong.
why?

Its coercive. Trying to force people to think in a way you find preferable is no different than the bigotry these homophobic types are accused of.
Again, devil's advocate:  I'm not sure donating a grand is quite the same as just *thinking.*

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
There is a flaw in the LOCAL education system  AND  I can not understand why it is that I am one of a few complaining about.
We pay over four hundred dollars to the school every year for a book charge, but this year there were no books distributed. All assignments arrive on printed out, even hand written in math, printer paper.

IF I need to refresh my child's mind about his lesson, I can not just whip open a book and read it for myself and ask about the pertinent points. There is NO book, only a work sheet and in rare cases, a study sheet, all printed from a computer.

I know this is more personal than general as you have been discussing, but FUCK!!  Why do they (the local school boards) still need to make us (parents) spend over four hundred dollars on a book fee if there will be no books?

:police:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

Never mind. I'm sure there's a reality soap or two to fill the void with.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
There is a flaw in the LOCAL education system  AND  I can not understand why it is that I am one of a few complaining about.
We pay over four hundred dollars to the school every year for a book charge, but this year there were no books distributed. All assignments arrive on printed out, even hand written in math, printer paper.

IF I need to refresh my child's mind about his lesson, I can not just whip open a book and read it for myself and ask about the pertinent points. There is NO book, only a work sheet and in rare cases, a study sheet, all printed from a computer.

I know this is more personal than general as you have been discussing, but FUCK!!  Why do they (the local school boards) still need to make us (parents) spend over four hundred dollars on a book fee if there will be no books?

Because window taxes are too obvious?

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days

Because window taxes are too obvious?

LOL!

wish it was so easy!

To ME it IS obvious!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore

HEARTBLEED

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

HEARTBLEED

Heads should roll! :arrr:

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Today's xkcd:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
I'm going to sue.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
So am I let's make it a class action :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw