Educational

Author Topic: Now listen here, feminism...  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Now listen here, feminism...
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2014, 01:36:50 PM »
Actually, what really amused me is she did a token effort, saying her male friends, once they turned 18, could not express emotion when they were upset (which sounded suspiciously like they simply did not show emotions LIKE HER and in a way that she did), and how men suffer from high incidence of Depression and suicide....and with this token "reach out" to male concerns....went on to say that to make things better for them they should support women.

FUCK THAT!

WEFORWE ? How about we all support each other? Doesn't THAT sound like equality?

Because you know her, and her male friends, and that's how you know what she actually meant? Support each other is fine, I guess, for as long as everyone does it your way. ::)

What exactly is my way?  Interesting retort but it kind of misses the point entirely, doesn't it? HEFORSHE is necessarily males supporting females not requiring females supporting males. Like the support from males will through osmosis derive benefits to their well being.

Similarly I do not pretend to know anyone else's emotional capabilities or limitations or expression, nor do I have to in order to have made the statement I did.

Yet you imply something else, above.

I would not have thought so
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2014, 09:20:03 PM »
They need transcripts. I would read a transcript.

:facepalm2:  This isn't Atheism+, perhaps you should ask them to transcribe it.   :orly:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=13

WTF does Atheism+ have to do with transcripts? I just hate videos.

Just for you I watched the first two minutes of it. FWIW I'd never heard the viewpoint that extreme feminism was supposed to benefit men before the last few days on here. On the surface it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense, any more than trickle-down economics makes sense. I suppose, rather than deliberate hypocrisy, it's an attempt to encourage collaboration instead of this endless tedious men-vs-women attitude as if it were a zero-sum game where everybody had to scrabble desperately for what scraps they could grab.

I haven't heard this UN speech but I think the idea that men don't have emotions because they don't show them is bull. There's no need for everybody to be as emotionally demonstrative and emotionally labile as a stereotypical teenage girl.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2014, 01:32:11 AM »
Actually, what really amused me is she did a token effort, saying her male friends, once they turned 18, could not express emotion when they were upset (which sounded suspiciously like they simply did not show emotions LIKE HER and in a way that she did), and how men suffer from high incidence of Depression and suicide....and with this token "reach out" to male concerns....went on to say that to make things better for them they should support women.

FUCK THAT!

WEFORWE ? How about we all support each other? Doesn't THAT sound like equality?

Because you know her, and her male friends, and that's how you know what she actually meant? Support each other is fine, I guess, for as long as everyone does it your way. ::)

What exactly is my way?  Interesting retort but it kind of misses the point entirely, doesn't it? HEFORSHE is necessarily males supporting females not requiring females supporting males. Like the support from males will through osmosis derive benefits to their well being.

Similarly I do not pretend to know anyone else's emotional capabilities or limitations or expression, nor do I have to in order to have made the statement I did.

:-\

That's how it reads.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2014, 01:34:26 AM »

Me too. Posting a video is a bit like letting someone else do all the arguing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2014, 03:11:26 AM »

FUCK THAT!

That's how it reads.

What do you believe was implied?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2014, 09:06:44 AM »

:facepalm2:  This isn't Atheism+, perhaps you should ask them to transcribe it.   :orly:

Just for you I watched the first two minutes of it. FWIW I'd never heard the viewpoint that extreme feminism was supposed to benefit men before the last few days on here. On the surface it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense, any more than trickle-down economics makes sense. I suppose, rather than deliberate hypocrisy, it's an attempt to encourage collaboration instead of this endless tedious men-vs-women attitude as if it were a zero-sum game where everybody had to scrabble desperately for what scraps they could grab.

I haven't heard this UN speech but I think the idea that men don't have emotions because they don't show them is bull. There's no need for everybody to be as emotionally demonstrative and emotionally labile as a stereotypical teenage girl.

I watched the first 12 minutes of it, just to be a contrarian. Mykeru didn't back up a single argument in those 12 minutes with provable facts. He seems to follow the Bill Maher school of debate and layer his bare assertions with sarcasm and occasional clever-sounding insults as "proof". Several of his arguments are ones that I've seen cited, with proof, elsewhere on I2, but Mykeru doesn't prove anything himself.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
This is why I just tell feminist flat out to shut the fuck up and then walk away when they start quoting the dictionary when I ask them what they thing feminism is.

So this is where supporting each other ends? Weak, Rage, weak.

I don't support blatant lying.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2014, 03:15:30 PM »
This is why I just tell feminist flat out to shut the fuck up and then walk away when they start quoting the dictionary when I ask them what they thing feminism is.

Bad form, I know, replying to your own post, but seeing I mixed your post and Al's, I feel I have to point out my error.

I now realise no support was intended on your part.

Correct.  :LOL:

Not that I am against being supportive, but just as I wouldn't support someone's decision to steal my wallet, I won't support ideologues doing one thing and calling it another.

Its called lying, you see.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »

The speech was basically a bunch of pandering and rhetoric, just to let you know. She would start saying things that sounded nice to make you think "OH yes I agree *nods head*" then skillfully insert some agenda driven bullshit. Over and over.

Its exactly the same thing politicians do.
I will never stop...

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2014, 03:27:15 PM »

WTF does Atheism+ have to do with transcripts?

Inside joke, I guess you didn't get it. When Atheism+ started out, one of their slacktivist projects was to transcribe videos for the hearing impaired. They gave up on that project after a year of getting next to nothing done.

Just for you I watched the first two minutes of it. FWIW I'd never heard the viewpoint that extreme feminism was supposed to benefit men before the last few days on here. On the surface it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense, any more than trickle-down economics makes sense.

Well, of course it doesn't make sense to the non-believer. Militant feminism, like Christianity, does a lot of preaching to the choir.

I suppose, rather than deliberate hypocrisy, it's an attempt to encourage collaboration instead of this endless tedious men-vs-women attitude as if it were a zero-sum game where everybody had to scrabble desperately for what scraps they could grab.

There are some zero-sum games within gender politics. This version of feminism just wants to be on the winning side of all of them.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2014, 03:29:34 PM »
I watched the first 12 minutes of it, just to be a contrarian. Mykeru didn't back up a single argument in those 12 minutes with provable facts. He seems to follow the Bill Maher school of debate and layer his bare assertions with sarcasm and occasional clever-sounding insults as "proof". Several of his arguments are ones that I've seen cited, with proof, elsewhere on I2, but Mykeru doesn't prove anything himself.

I don't think his intent was to provide proof for his arguments, rather to simply to lay out the argument and let the listener decide for themselves.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2014, 03:34:36 PM »

I don't think his intent was to provide proof for his arguments, rather to simply to lay out the argument and let the listener decide for themselves.

That's possible. :dunno: I don't know much about Mykeru.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2014, 01:26:27 AM »

FUCK THAT!

That's how it reads.

You basically interpret what she was saying (the part in bold) and attack that.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2014, 01:27:48 AM »

Bad form, I know, replying to your own post, but seeing I mixed your post and Al's, I feel I have to point out my error.

I now realise no support was intended on your part.

Correct.  :LOL:

Not that I am against being supportive, but just as I wouldn't support someone's decision to steal my wallet, I won't support ideologues doing one thing and calling it another.

Its called lying, you see.

They lie when they quote the dictionary?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2014, 02:46:49 AM »

FUCK THAT!

That's how it reads.

You basically interpret what she was saying (the part in bold) and attack that.

Oh, you mean the bit prefaced with "sounded suspiciously like"? Because it DID sound like that was going on. Was it going on? No idea. It just sounded suspiciously like that.