Author Topic: In 1958 Ford was BRAVE...  (Read 344 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: In 1958 Ford was BRAVE...
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 05:14:25 AM »
A Swedish nuclear plant can never have a meltdown like a Russian or a Japanese. There are five different security systems, independent from each other. Each will stop the nuclear reaction as soon as it detects any abnormalities. Though people are too stupid to understand this.

Are they following government regulations in the nuclear plants of Sweden?

Where's the braveness in that.  :orly:

There wouldn't be any nuclear power in an anarchy.

Au contraire, the nuclear power would be all over the place. With people only following the safety regulations they like to follow.
It would be a radiant community.

If you started from a centrally governed society and moved on to an anarchy, there might be nuclear power for a while. I very much doubt an anarchy would be able to build a new one from scratch since the effort to do so is far from insignificant and requires organisation.

Any large-scale project would be beyond them, I suspect, but especially anything requiring advanced technology.
There is that. But since Lit wants to change Sweden into anarchy, there would be time to fuck up grand. And, there would be some very powerful rich people who could make it last a bit too. Money will be power in anarchy just as much, if not more.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 05:55:47 AM »
How do you come to this absurd conclusion? In a state the filthy rich are protected by the government. They will almost never get convicted in court. Prescott Bush betrayed his country by making business with Nazi Germany during the war. He became senator instead of ending in prison. Ezra Pound, who was an intellectual but poor man just critizising the US and spending the war in Italy, got 12 years in a nut house and would have been shot if he had been deemed sane. Where is the justice in that?

In an anarchy you wouldn't get filthy rich in the first place, because there would be no government helping you trample the poor that you'd need to work for you to become filthy rich.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 06:29:53 AM »
Lit, the strongest will have the most power. Whether it is in physical strength or in other strengths. And being manipulative will be the biggest asset of them all. In an anarchist setting, you have to deal with the same people and the same vices. The state can't be used as a manipulation-tool, but other ways will be found to use for personal advantage.

Your being so naive and full of hope for the goodness in humankind is kinda sweet.

TheoK

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »
On the contrary. You could wake people up and demand real equality.

It's hard as long as they prefer to be idiots, of course. One example of just how stupid people are: just like Queen Victoria my mum works at the elections. At one EU election she heard one old hag say this to her friend: "Well, we'll vote for the social democrats, because that's what we do in the usual election"(!)  :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

Of course, when the majority consists of dumbfucks like that, you will never get any change.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 11:28:26 AM »
Look at a playground, Lit. Within a very short time, there is a little group of the powers that be. There may be some shifts and changes, but the pecking order is there very quickly.
It is rare to see the lower end taking over by demanding for change. That takes an organising and scheming that the powers that be often excel at, over all the others.

Your image of humans is more sweet than my image of them.

I thought I was pretty naive, not distrusting by default. But, I only apply that to individuals, not to groups.

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
 :(

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »
 :hug:

TheoK

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 11:37:18 AM »
Maximas gratias! Vacca bona et proba es!  :)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 11:37:20 PM »
Why is it that a discussion about 50s and atomic power turns into a discussion about anarchy? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »
Why is it that a discussion about 50s and atomic power turns into a discussion about anarchy? :-\

It's an unwritten rule. A thread will go towards firearms, anarchy or boobs, in the end.

Force of nature.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 01:18:42 AM »
Look what happened to the Ritalin thread. :D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2013, 03:32:31 AM »

It's an unwritten rule. A thread will go towards firearms, anarchy or boobs, in the end.

Force of nature.

Boobs are fine but this nonsense about anarchy is boring.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2013, 03:32:58 AM »
Look what happened to the Ritalin thread. :D

::sigh::

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2013, 03:34:25 AM »
It's actually very sad that you think that the ultimate society is run by child rapists and war mongers not even following the state's own laws.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2013, 03:42:04 AM »
It's actually very sad that you think that the ultimate society is run by child rapists and war mongers not even following the state's own laws.

Links to where I said anything of the kind, please. Back up your shit or shut up.

- Albert Einstein