Author Topic: Fair treatment for Ed Snowden  (Read 1505 times)

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: Fair treatment for Ed Snowden
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about.  If your intent is to engage in an argument somehow proving that your opinion is "right", then go ahead and have fun :)

I didn't watch the video.  I am not devoting 8 minutes of my time to a proposition that I pre-judged to be hyperbolic and juvenile.  I simply grabbed a quick quote of the video description provided by the station itself, and used that as an example of what I knew would be contained therein.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 02:25:38 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about.  If your intent is to engage in an argument somehow proving that your opinion is "right", then go ahead and have fun :)

I didn't watch the video.  I am not devoting 8 minutes of my time to a proposition that I pre-judged to be hyperbolic and juvenile.  I simply grabbed a quick quote of the video description provided by the station itself, and used that as an example of what I knew would be contained therein.

If your intent is to engage in an argument somehow proving that your opinion is "right", then go ahead and have fun :)

Emotions. Don't care. This isn't a honeymoon, its a debate.

I didn't watch the video.  I am not devoting 8 minutes of my time to a proposition that I pre-judged to be hyperbolic and juvenile.

As I thought. Blind faith in something.

I simply grabbed a quick quote of the video description provided by the station itself, and used that as an example of what I knew would be contained therein.

You even explained it. That one made me laugh.  :LOL:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »
It's a debate?  You haven't asserted anything yet that I have seen.  You just posted a Russian news program.

Go ahead and debate then :)

TheoK

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »
In Russia news program posts you!  :viking:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2013, 02:32:19 PM »
It's a debate?  You haven't asserted anything yet that I have seen.  You just posted a Russian news program.

You just posted a Russian news program

Mind telling me what the problem is?
I will never stop...

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2013, 02:34:12 PM »

I thought you were going to debate.  Start with making your own assertion, not posting someone else's.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2013, 02:40:29 PM »

I thought you were going to debate.  Start with making your own assertion, not posting someone else's.

Okay, Possum. All I can do with that is post evidence as my own assertion. Would you prefer to look at the bill?

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr347enr/pdf/BILLS-112hr347enr.pdf

There. I posted the video because it covered the information and was relatively unbiased by blind American patriotism. I hadn't considered someone would say RUSSIAN SHIT AIN'T NO GOOD DON'T MATTER WHATS IN DER I DIDN'T WATCH WHURS MA KFC?

Sorry to be blunt, but i'm a bit tired of this attitude. All countries are guilty of it, too.
I will never stop...

TheoK

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2013, 02:41:28 PM »
I think Snowden is  :viking:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »
I think Snowden is  :viking:

Again, he can make a boast most of the armchair faggots can't. He did something.
I will never stop...

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »
A bill isn't an assertion.  I still have no idea what your point is.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2013, 02:55:57 PM »

The assertion is, our government is corrupt as shit. They will not allow the man to have a fair trial and likely be found innocent of whatever jacked up charges they try and blast him with.

Let me put it in the form of a metaphor. Say our glorious leaders suddenly forced a bill through that enforced puppy kicking, disguised as something that would keep us safe. Some guy notices that the bill requires people to kick puppies in the head on sight, but is hidden in some stupid ass political jargon.

The guy exposes it, and flees to another country. What really burns you up is the fact that we can't murder him for trying to stop people from abusing puppies. The nerve of that guy! Everyone else has to do it! Who does he think he is?
I will never stop...

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2013, 09:13:31 AM »

The assertion is, our government is corrupt as shit. They will not allow the man to have a fair trial and likely be found innocent of whatever jacked up charges they try and blast him with.

Let me put it in the form of a metaphor. Say our glorious leaders suddenly forced a bill through that enforced puppy kicking, disguised as something that would keep us safe. Some guy notices that the bill requires people to kick puppies in the head on sight, but is hidden in some stupid ass political jargon.

The guy exposes it, and flees to another country. What really burns you up is the fact that we can't murder him for trying to stop people from abusing puppies. The nerve of that guy! Everyone else has to do it! Who does he think he is?

Let's just start with the second sentence.  Are you actually asserting that when he leaked classified information he was not actually breaking the law?  I am assuming that what you mean by "jacked up charges" is that there are no real offenses that he could be charged with.

TheoK

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2013, 09:41:07 AM »

Let's just start with the second sentence.  Are you actually asserting that when he leaked classified information he was not actually breaking the law?  I am assuming that what you mean by "jacked up charges" is that there are no real offenses that he could be charged with.

John Brown was breaking the law when attacking Harper's Ferry. Colonel von Stauffenberg was breaking the law when trying to blow up Adolf.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2013, 10:29:47 AM »

Many laws are unconstitutional, thus illegal. So yes. That is exactly what I am saying.
I will never stop...

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2013, 11:02:22 AM »

Many laws are unconstitutional, thus illegal. So yes. That is exactly what I am saying.

So your argument was that he did not break the law because the law he broke was against the law?

Please explain how laws barring individuals with access to confidential information are unconstitutional.  Which section/amendment?