Author Topic: National Defense Authorization Act  (Read 1294 times)

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: National Defense Authorization Act
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 07:47:29 AM »
What drives me crazy is that people were calling it "must-pass" legislation.  If legislation "must pass" and there's no restriction on piling random shit on a single bill, then they can do any damned thing.

Yes. This is just completely insane, and in my opinion everyone should be extremely concerned by it.

If I were president, I would veto anything anyone sent me that said "must pass."  And when they asked me why, I would say only,

Well that's -supposed- to be his job, but I guess it isn't anymore.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »
What drives me crazy is that people were calling it "must-pass" legislation.  If legislation "must pass" and there's no restriction on piling random shit on a single bill, then they can do any damned thing.

Yes. This is just completely insane, and in my opinion everyone should be extremely concerned by it.

If I were president, I would veto anything anyone sent me that said "must pass."  And when they asked me why, I would say only,

On a slight tangent, when I began reading the Tennessee constitution I didn't expect to be impressed, raging leftist that I am, but there is a clause I really like, which says that all bills before the legislature must deal with a single topic and have a descriptive title.  Apparently that is, or was, at one point, an issue really big with conservatives.  I find it quite sensible to do it that way. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »

On a slight tangent, when I began reading the Tennessee constitution I didn't expect to be impressed, raging leftist that I am, but there is a clause I really like, which says that all bills before the legislature must deal with a single topic and have a descriptive title.  Apparently that is, or was, at one point, an issue really big with conservatives.  I find it quite sensible to do it that way.

I'm a raging non-partisan, and I agree. When you look into these historic legislations, they really are quite in depth and efficient. And they speak worlds to a free and balanced system. I think many have just not actually researched any of the things they are trying to dismantle, maybe.

I get in arguments with people a lot over the constitution alone, only to learn that when I challenge them as to whats in it, they can't answer me. It really makes me both sad and angry to see such thinking in the year 2013.
I will never stop...

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 01:17:41 AM »

I'm a raging non-partisan, and I agree. When you look into these historic legislations, they really are quite in depth and efficient. And they speak worlds to a free and balanced system. I think many have just not actually researched any of the things they are trying to dismantle, maybe.

I get in arguments with people a lot over the constitution alone, only to learn that when I challenge them as to whats in it, they can't answer me. It really makes me both sad and angry to see such thinking in the year 2013.

I can't believe that people over the age of ten would talk about what's constitutional without having read it  :facepalm2:

Keep in mind, constitutional law is a pretty broad topic.  If you don't know so much as the original document, none of the caselaw will make any sense.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 05:44:14 AM »

I can't believe that people over the age of ten would talk about what's constitutional without having read it  :facepalm2:

Keep in mind, constitutional law is a pretty broad topic.  If you don't know so much as the original document, none of the caselaw will make any sense.

Very true. Something even more shameful is that more often than not, people from the UK know more about it than American leftists when I challenge them. Americans. Not knowing their own laws and history. :facepalm2:

Makes me mad quick.
I will never stop...

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »
It's because we're building a culture of letting people off the hook.  Until of course they say something we disagree with.  Liberals and conservatives love to blame each other for this, but the fact is they're both at fault. 

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »
It's because we're building a culture of letting people off the hook.  Until of course they say something we disagree with.  Liberals and conservatives love to blame each other for this, but the fact is they're both at fault.

Yeah I was just arguing about that, actually. There was an article about some douchefart sending a hateful messge to a family about their autistic son. Basically they suggested they kill the kid, and "donate the non-retarded organs" to people that need them.

I lolled, of course. But there was a huge stink about it, people calling it a hate crime, saying charges should be pressed and that the person should be put in jail.

So I come in saying WHOAH WHOAH. Whoever it was just said something, and that's all. Now I understand it was a pretty nasty and off color thing to say, but if we start arresting people for SAYING THINGS....

I'm sure you follow that line of reasoning there. Unfortunately in a free society, it actually is "free".
I will never stop...

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 11:03:19 AM »

Yeah I was just arguing about that, actually. There was an article about some douchefart sending a hateful messge to a family about their autistic son. Basically they suggested they kill the kid, and "donate the non-retarded organs" to people that need them.

I lolled, of course. But there was a huge stink about it, people calling it a hate crime, saying charges should be pressed and that the person should be put in jail.

So I come in saying WHOAH WHOAH. Whoever it was just said something, and that's all. Now I understand it was a pretty nasty and off color thing to say, but if we start arresting people for SAYING THINGS....

I'm sure you follow that line of reasoning there. Unfortunately in a free society, it actually is "free".

Absolutely, Rage.  Not every screwed up thing that people do is, or even should be, a crime. 

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 12:34:53 PM »

Absolutely, Rage.  Not every screwed up thing that people do is, or even should be, a crime.

Its become pretty popular to make it that way, though.
I will never stop...

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »

That's because every alternative we're presented with involves turning to some system of hierarchy.  Like, how should we deal with the safety of hikers that are too stupid not to jump off a cliff?  If it's not the government, it's private business, or even worse: religion.  We need to ban hiking and climbing, or sell them helmets, or pray for their safety.  How about just fucking off and letting us enjoy the wilderness? 

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 01:29:35 PM »

That's because every alternative we're presented with involves turning to some system of hierarchy.  Like, how should we deal with the safety of hikers that are too stupid not to jump off a cliff?  If it's not the government, it's private business, or even worse: religion.  We need to ban hiking and climbing, or sell them helmets, or pray for their safety.  How about just fucking off and letting us enjoy the wilderness?

Quite. And when most of these people look into the problem they are proposing their "solutions" to and they actually did a bit of research like an adult, they would find that 99% of the time, solutions already exist. Someone already passed some sort of legislation at some point that doesn't imply that said person is the center of the universe.
I will never stop...

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 11:53:07 AM »
One more act of treason against the American people...

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 06:32:19 AM »

One more act of necrobumping against I2  :yawn:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 10:24:45 AM »

One more act of necrobumping against I2  :yawn:

Necrobumping and posting pictures.  That's all he is going to do for a while.  He's my bitch now, and that means staying out of active threads.