Educational

Author Topic: Good riddance to bad rubbish  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Good riddance to bad rubbish
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 05:50:24 AM »
Well you are the same person who said the site was dying? There is a thread around here somewhere where you were pronouncing and underlining that fact and that it would not get new members and so on and so forth. You were told that you were not correct and refuted claims to the contrary. Am I right or am i right?

Now you say that the site will suffer? If we believed you and your being able to judge these things, the site would be dead by now. Am I right again or am i wrong?  :thumbup:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 05:51:27 AM »
Maybe fapheap can join zomgreloaded?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 05:57:21 AM »
Maybe fapheap can join zomgreloaded?

Absolutely! Or Spasticity. That was where Butterflies, squid, Shleed and Scrap went because this place was not good enough for them and was too old and dying a slow death.

Now for the punch line.....what happened to Spasticity?

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 06:25:30 AM »
I'm not really sure why you want to argue with me over this.

I like Scrappy a lot and I'm sad that I won't see him around anymore.

You dislike Scrappy and are delighted that he is leaving.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 06:31:20 AM »
I'm not really sure why you want to argue with me over this.

I like Scrappy a lot and I'm sad that I won't see him around anymore.

You dislike Scrappy and are delighted that he is leaving.

Actually I was just agreeing with El Presidente, and having a bit of a joke, not arguing with you. But you are right. I am happy Scrap is moving on. Somewhere maybe where ex-marine mechanics can play with socks all day long. He could start his own forum of course. Maybe follow the tried and True Spasticity model. Spasticity Take Three?
I'd join? No probably not. Probably not cool enough or young enough.  :thumbup:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 06:39:43 AM »
OK, fair enough.

If Scrappy did start his own site, Id be happy to join it, whatever silly name he gave it :laugh:

P7PSP

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 07:21:09 AM »
If this is what really makes you happy, then congraulations. Somehow though, I doubt if losing good members will help the site in the long run.
Sure Butterflies. I2 is going to go tits up due to one crybaby leaving. You have been trying to predict the demise of I2 for some time now and it hasn't worked yet. Go help Crap set up S3, that oughta do it.  :thumbup:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 07:34:20 AM »
I think its really sad Scrappys leaving. He's always been one of my favourite members.

Totally crap that he disappears just as I turn up again >:(
post your bewbs and scrap might stay.
Misunderstood.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 08:54:32 AM »
If this is what really makes you happy, then congraulations. Somehow though, I doubt if losing good members will help the site in the long run.
Sure Butterflies. I2 is going to go tits up due to one crybaby leaving. You have been trying to predict the demise of I2 for some time now and it hasn't worked yet. Go help Crap set up S3, that oughta do it.  :thumbup:

??? ??? ???

Dont twist my words. I didn't suggest that the site would go tits up because of Scrappys exit. I was pretty much stating the obvious, that the more people who post, the better the site is. When less people post, the site gets worse.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 08:56:34 AM »

??? ??? ???

Dont twist my words. I didn't suggest that the site would go tits up because of Scrappys exit. I was pretty much stating the obvious, that the more people who post, the better the site is. When less people post, the site gets worse.

He has been a drama queen and a shitty poster for a while. So your obvious is not obvious and not even a truth., it is a generalisation.

P7PSP

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »

??? ??? ???

Dont twist my words. I didn't suggest that the site would go tits up because of Scrappys exit.
I am not twisting anything. You most certainly have been trying to latch on to every thing that could possibly be construed as evidence of I2s imminent demise for well over a year. When it doesn't work out just take a page from the evangelicals and move the goal posts.   
I was pretty much stating the obvious, that the more people who post, the better the site is. When less people post, the site gets worse.
By that reckoning Wrong Planet is a much better site than I2 is since it has a hell of a lot more active posters at any given time.

In reality Crap was not here for about the first two years that I was a member here. Sir_Les was also gone for a good bit of that time. Somehow the site survived. I have taken up to 6 months at a time off. Somehow I2 managed without me. Squid left and has not come back for over a year. Somehow I2 has managed without him. Bint left. Phlexor and Eclair left about the same time. sleepydragon left. Loup Garou left. Celtic Goddess left, came back and left again. Jack left and came back. Shleed left. McJ left for a long time and came back. Soph mostly left. Lit left for quite a long while and came back. Benj left, I would like him back. MLA left recently. eris left in a huff twice. Rage has come and gone as has earthboundmisfit. Most new members that show up here don't stay long but enough do to keep the site going. Twist that how you will. I2 is still open.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
Isn't "bad" "rubbish" a bit of an oxymoron?
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

P7PSP

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 03:52:50 PM »
No because an oxymoron combines contradictory terms together. Bad rubbish is more akin to redundancy.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:54:55 PM by Cassanova Frankenstein »

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »
No because an oxymoron combines contradictory terms together. Bad rubbish is more akin to redundancy.

^OOPS! Redundant is what I meant.

LOL.

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 04:51:39 PM »
One man's trash is another man's treasure ~Not sure who said it.