Educational

Author Topic: Slight quandary. Holidaying in September for a month....  (Read 465 times)

TheoK

Re: Slight quandary. Holidaying in September for a month....
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »
Ego saepe in Creta fui  8)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 11:33:45 AM »
I would like to see Crete but happy with Athens, Santorini and Mykonos
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

TheoK

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »
The Greeks are brave, because...

:viking:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 03:07:25 PM »
Spaz all you need to, Al, but you ARE going to have a great time.
Take lots of pictures and share some with us.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 04:02:37 AM »
Spaz all you need to, Al, but you ARE going to have a great time.
Take lots of pictures and share some with us.

Deal
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 05:42:02 AM »
I will pretend to be completely apathetic and not at all incredibly jealous about your impending adventures!

Agreed. Have a great trip, Sir.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 12:31:44 PM »
It sounds like an awesome trip. I would love to see both Greece and Athens. Seconding McJ's request for photos. Especially cool photos of buildings and landscapes and ancient weaponry and things that could potentially be used as reference for paintings.  :green:

Who cares about the spazzing, we're all spazzes here.

I hope you have kickass adventures and you get to really enjoy it and have fun.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

P7PSP

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 06:01:40 PM »
Always wanted to see that place. 3 days. One day to wash away jetlag with sleep and two days of checking out the sites and then a trip to Santorini. I have not had a suntan for the last 7 years since i went from warm WA to this hell forsaken place. That is one of my goals
Definitely go both places. Thera volcano eruption was either a high VEI 6 and possibly a 7 exceeding August 27 1883 Krakatau event in power by a fair amount therefore you should go there. A month is plenty of time to split between both places. Seeing the various Temples, Churches and other local cultural attractions is nice but keep in mind that just having lazy fuck off time in the more sundry settings can be nice too. Post pics.  :2thumbsup: :viking:

It sounds like an awesome trip. I would love to see both Greece and Athens. Seconding McJ's request for photos. Especially cool photos of buildings and landscapes and ancient weaponry and things that could potentially be used as reference for paintings.  :green:

Who cares about the spazzing, we're all spazzes here.

I hope you have kickass adventures and you get to really enjoy it and have fun.
:agreed: after visiting Athens you could cross the border into Greece.  :hahaha: :zoinks:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:03:42 PM by Cassanova Frankenstein »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 06:03:32 PM »
Always wanted to see that place. 3 days. One day to wash away jetlag with sleep and two days of checking out the sites and then a trip to Santorini. I have not had a suntan for the last 7 years since i went from warm WA to this hell forsaken place. That is one of my goals
Definitely go both places. Thera volcano eruption was either a high VEI 6 and possibly a 7 exceeding August 27 1883 Krakatau event in power by a fair amount therefore you should go there. A month is plenty of time to split between both places. Seeing the various Temples, Churches and other local cultural attractions is nice but keep in mind that just having lazy fuck off time in the more sundry settings can be nice too. Post pics.  :2thumbsup: :viking:

Damn right I will mate :)

P7PSP

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 06:19:51 PM »
Flying from Bangkok to Athens will be a long motherfucker and flying back to Oz more so. Between waking up in Brisbane to get the train to the Airport, then to Sydney, to Houston Texas to San Francisco to my own driveway was 28 hours, the single longest flight to from that I have done.   :zombiefuck: Try to minimize layovers without running the cost too high. The time frames from Bangkok to Athens I see are from 17 hours to 32.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »
Flying from Bangkok to Athens will be a long motherfucker and flying back to Oz more so. Between waking up in Brisbane to get the train to the Airport, then to Sydney, to Houston Texas to San Francisco to my own driveway was 28 hours, the single longest flight to from that I have done.   :zombiefuck: Try to minimize layovers without running the cost too high. The time frames from Bangkok to Athens I see are from 17 hours to 32.

Just reading that itinerary makes me want to take a nap!  :zombiefuck:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 07:48:09 PM »
:agreed: after visiting Athens you could cross the border into Greece.  :hahaha: :zoinks:

:LOL:  :pwned:  :-[

Making friendly chatter is not my forte
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

P7PSP

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 11:18:36 PM »

:LOL:  :pwned:  :-[

Making friendly chatter is not my forte
:LOL: We all brain flatulate on occasion.  :indeed:

TheoK

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 01:44:08 AM »

I fly to Greece in less than 4 hours  8)

P7PSP

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 01:58:57 AM »

I fly to Greece in less than 4 hours  8)
:viking: