Author Topic: The first step, I suggest, is to question authority.  (Read 1230 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The first step, I suggest, is to question authority.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 02:08:12 PM »
Only, his initial assumption is always that they are guilty because they are in a position of authority.

True BUT I assume that if people are in authority are guilty UNLESS they show me they are not. I am wary of them. Even perceived power.

They have to prove they are innocent? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »
I would suggest the question, "Would you like lemon or cream in your tea" when dealing with authority. 

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
Only, his initial assumption is always that they are guilty because they are in a position of authority.

True BUT I assume that if people are in authority are guilty UNLESS they show me they are not. I am wary of them. Even perceived power.

That helps, but I think that investigation and being around a person long enough can make your mind up one way or the other. I look for things to confirm they are corrupt and misusing their power and take a negative position on them. IF they either prove themselves in my eyes not to be or they demonstrate over a long enough period of time that they do not act in a way to justify themselves as power abusive...then yes I accept they are not. until them I am wary. I will be mistrustful.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 05:23:02 PM »
Religious people scare the Jeebus out of me.  I question why they are so insecure as to NEED to rely on a crutch.  What they will do to me if they didn't have their magic man in the sky to keep them moral.

Yup.

The other thing of course is the whole are they prepared to have a 2013AD conversation (informed by 2013 informed realities) or a bronze age conversation? Now if they want to have such conversations in places of worship, fine. Just don't make choices that affect me on basis of primitive beliefs and practices. You can play with whatever toys you want in the comfort of you home and when I visit I am happy for you to show me but I insist you do not get me to play with them in my place in in the public sphere. there I want to have 2013 conversations with people living in 2013 about things that affect us in 2013
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 05:32:38 PM »
Don't tell the children.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 06:42:39 PM »
The "experts" and the "official story"?
It would be a Grimm world is we believed all the official Tales.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Scrapheap

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »
I hate to say it but this is actually one aspect of Lit's zaniness that I actually find myself nodding my head to. The racist , arse to mouth, blowing shit up, brave!!! :viking: bullshit makes me snicker at him BUT when he starts with his questioning authority and standing up to the pigs, rants, I find myself nodding

It's perhaps the only thing all 3 of us could agree on.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
The "experts" and the "official story"?
It would be a Grimm world is we believed all the official Tales.
still punny.  Glad the world hasn't jaded your sense of humor.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 11:14:40 PM »

That helps, but I think that investigation and being around a person long enough can make your mind up one way or the other. I look for things to confirm they are corrupt and misusing their power and take a negative position on them. IF they either prove themselves in my eyes not to be or they demonstrate over a long enough period of time that they do not act in a way to justify themselves as power abusive...then yes I accept they are not. until them I am wary. I will be mistrustful.

Some say I'm in a position of authority here. Should I always be mistrusted, initially?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »
 :orly:

What if someone in authority saves your ass from being switched over to the dead persuasion?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 11:18:54 PM »

What if someone in authority saves your ass from being switched over to the dead persuasion?

Keep on mistrusting them. They'll charge you, eventually. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 11:21:14 PM »

Even Harry Callahan?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:24 PM »

Even Harry Callahan?

He isn't really in a position of authority.  :M

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 11:35:06 PM »

Even Harry Callahan?

He isn't really in a position of authority.  :M

He has a badge and a gun, so he is authoritah.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 05:36:20 AM »

Some say I'm in a position of authority here. Should I always be mistrusted, initially?

It is not a standard answer. I certainly did and would and found I had no need to be concerned. Should people? Maybe or maybe nort. Should they hold my wacky belief set?