Educational

Author Topic: What about robot-dancing (or something) in the last defiant moments of life?  (Read 3188 times)

midlifeaspie

I don't believe you. You can pull that for a while but after an extended period your health suffers greatly, and your grasp on reality deteriorates. Some literature even reports that you can start dreaming while being awake at times. Maybe you're implying you do this in bursts?

Besides, sleep isn't the only factor. There are literally THOUSANDS of demands on an individual's time, many which pop up out of the blue. You cannot possibly meet these expectations while also having ninety hours rigidly spoken for already. Something just isn't gelling here.
Thought he was married?  The wife might be taking care of some of the extra demands.

That may give him a once up, but you can't expect her to do all of it. Evn just  married couple has a double workload for that stuff. But they have a young kid. Oooooh buddy. Kids are messy.

Two  :M

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
YEah see? TWO KIDS?

I mean cmon man you can't tell me your wife is expected to keep up with all domestic tasks herself.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

midlifeaspie

YEah see? TWO KIDS?

I mean cmon man you can't tell me your wife is expected to keep up with all domestic tasks herself.

Has your debate with me really devolved to questioning what I do during every waking moment of my life and wondering how much work my wife has to do to keep up?  Or have you simply found yourself running dry on relevant points and are flinging whatever you can in the hopes of ..... I can't even tell what your goal is at this point.  Raising two kids with a husband who works and goes to school is impossible because (something) and therefore I am not a busy person and so you win the argument that is taking place on another thread?

I'm just trying to understand your point because it is starting to sound like desperation.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Another one of those "appearing to be legit" posts.

I haven't changed anything I've argued at this thread. And still drive at the same point. You are bullshittin about your time management.
I will never stop...

midlifeaspie

Another one of those "appearing to be legit" posts.

I haven't changed anything I've argued at this thread. And still drive at the same point. You are bullshittin about your time management.

Prove it

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I already provided as much proof as is possible by considering all the variables. Theres not enough time in the day.

The only way what you say could work is if you don't clean yourself regularly, don't sleep well, have no friends, no hobbies outside of this website, don't plan meals/do any grocery shopping or cooking/ let your yard and house look like shit, EXCETERA
I will never stop...

midlifeaspie

I already provided as much proof as is possible by considering all the variables. Theres not enough time in the day.

The only way what you say could work is if you don't clean yourself regularly, don't sleep well, have no friends, no hobbies outside of this website, don't plan meals/do any grocery shopping or cooking/ let your yard and house look like shit, EXCETERA

Etcetera  :M

Productivity is relative, and might explain your struggles ;)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I'm not getting what you're laying down here.
I will never stop...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
I don't believe you. You can pull that for a while but after an extended period your health suffers greatly, and your grasp on reality deteriorates. Some literature even reports that you can start dreaming while being awake at times. Maybe you're implying you do this in bursts?

Besides, sleep isn't the only factor. There are literally THOUSANDS of demands on an individual's time, many which pop up out of the blue. You cannot possibly meet these expectations while also having ninety hours rigidly spoken for already. Something just isn't gelling here.
Thought he was married?  The wife might be taking care of some of the extra demands.

That may give him a once up, but you can't expect her to do all of it. Evn just  married couple has a double workload for that stuff. But they have a young kid. Oooooh buddy. Kids are messy.

Seems to me he is doing fine. Both him and his family.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

Indeed.  It might come as a surprise to him that there are single mothers with two kids out there that are doing okay.  Sometimes the mother even has to work a job on top of all that.  Women are much more capable than he gives them credit for.  They aren't just chattel or an inferior species.  They are wonderful  :viking:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What about robot-dancing (or something) in the last defiant moments of life?
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »

Indeed.  It might come as a surprise to him that there are single mothers with two kids out there that are doing okay.  Sometimes the mother even has to work a job on top of all that.  Women are much more capable than he gives them credit for.  They aren't just chattel or an inferior species.  They are wonderful  :viking:

Can't let you put words in my mouth again. I implied she was of equal value, and not your slave.

Stop doing that. Say what you mean and take others at their word like a fucking adult.
I will never stop...

midlifeaspie

Re: What about robot-dancing (or something) in the last defiant moments of life?
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2013, 11:48:29 AM »

While I admit that I might not have interpreted this correctly as it contains a number of words I am either unfamiliar with, or take advantage of less common spelling, I assumed that "You can't expect her to do all of it.  Even just married couples has a double workload" implied that one shouldn't expect a woman to be able to raise two kids without someone taking half the workload.  As such, reminding you that single mothers do it all the time is highly relevant.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
Bolded are the parts that are typical for grad school.  (And, around exams times, well... let's just say I definitely remember guys talking about wearing swim trunks for underwear because they had run out of clean underwear and hadn't had time to do laundry yet.)

Also, come to think of it, underlined are the parts that sound like being the parent(s) of a small child or two.   :laugh:

Funny thing is I wasn't seeking to help either Rage or One L, but I feel like Rage is making himself look childish.  I wasn't saying anything beyond a hypothesis that perhaps One L's wife helps keep the things going he does not have time to do.  I have no idea what their arrangement is. 

I do know there are indeed people (wives OR husbands- or even just significant others) who view having to step up their own workload in order to help their partner finish a life goal (like school) as a worthy investment in their future together and/or as something they feel they ought to do to support the person they love and have chosen to spend their life with.  Not saying that's always how it pans out, but it certainly wouldn't be a particularly "out-there" arrangement for most of the housework and childcare to fall to the partner who *isn't* working full time while also going to law school- again, does not have to be about gender.  Hell of a lot of work for everyone involved, especially with young kids, but I'd assume that their assumption is very likely that it will ultimately be worth it.

And yes, single mothers do it alone.  And, in less-common cases, single fathers do it.  It's very difficult to do alone- especially TOTALLY alone (which is even less common), but can be done.  So long as there's enough money, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:30:13 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »
The required work week for a newly hired attorney at a large firm is 100 hours a week.  Law school is easy compared to that.

For whatever it's worth, I checked up on this with a friend of a friend who recently graduated law school. They "only" work 50-60 hour weeks.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »
Bolded are the parts that are typical for grad school.  (And, around exams times, well... let's just say I definitely remember guys talking about wearing swim trunks for underwear because they had run out of clean underwear and hadn't had time to do laundry yet.)

Also, come to think of it, underlined are the parts that sound like being the parent(s) of a small child or two.   :laugh:

Funny thing is I wasn't seeking to help either Rage or One L, but I feel like Rage is making himself look childish.  I wasn't saying anything beyond a hypothesis that perhaps One L's wife helps keep the things going he does not have time to do.  I have no idea what their arrangement is. 

I do know there are indeed people (wives OR husbands- or even just significant others) who view having to step up their own workload in order to help their partner finish a life goal (like school) as a worthy investment in their future together and/or as something they feel they ought to do to support the person they love and have chosen to spend their life with.  Not saying that's always how it pans out, but it certainly wouldn't be a particularly "out-there" arrangement for most of the housework and childcare to fall to the partner who *isn't* working full time while also going to law school- again, does not have to be about gender.  Hell of a lot of work for everyone involved, especially with young kids, but I'd assume that their assumption is very likely that it will ultimately be worth it.

And yes, single mothers do it alone.  And, in less-common cases, single fathers do it.  It's very difficult to do alone- especially TOTALLY alone (which is even less common), but can be done.  So long as there's enough money, anyway.

Yes people can have a different outlook. I just think it should be split down the middle.

guys talking about wearing swim trunks for underwear because they had run out of clean underwear and hadn't had time to do laundry yet.)

Oh man thats sick. :( They probably had partying and sex and marijuana higher up on their priority list than staying clean. Well maybe not sex.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:40:44 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...