Poll

Are courts being fair if they use 'hate crime enhancements'?

Yes
No
don't know
in some cases

Author Topic: Are hate crime enhancements fair?  (Read 4324 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Are hate crime enhancements fair?
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
I'm afraid that even if my argument fit into your unrealistic terms, it still would not be good enough.

I have noticed this pattern from you in general. You rarely give an actual argument yourself and just resort to the usual "I'm above you" kind of tone you seem to have, along with short snide retorts and general dismissal of arguments. Fine that you think what I say is silly, but like I said it's something I noticed from you.

Hey, you know what that means? We're not so different after all since I do all of this too! ...although you tend to be more childish and passive aggressive. :thumbup:

It's interesting how you make this to be about me when all I wanted was an actual argument instead of the sweeping generalisations you started this discussion with. First you avoid including ay kind of argument, then, when asked for one, you say that you won't because I don't but then admit that you actually don't either.

Fucking hell, Schleed, that's kind of like a multi-dimensional strawman.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »
I'm afraid that even if my argument fit into your unrealistic terms, it still would not be good enough.

I have noticed this pattern from you in general. You rarely give an actual argument yourself and just resort to the usual "I'm above you" kind of tone you seem to have, along with short snide retorts and general dismissal of arguments. Fine that you think what I say is silly, but like I said it's something I noticed from you.

Hey, you know what that means? We're not so different after all since I do all of this too! ...although you tend to be more childish and passive aggressive. :thumbup:

Spot on. Like I said: when he doesn't want something in his comfort zone, he resorts to this.

:yawn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »

Suit yourself, think whatever you want to think. I'm not going to go down the long-drawn route that butterflies did. Don't have the patience, and frankly I don't want to entertain you or Les since you two are the main causes of it. I did not want to say it before, but you two along with Callaway are toxic and a burden to i2, and because of this I can't even be civil anymore.

It has nothing to do with this thread before you jump to such a conclusion, otherwise I would have not responded to you in the way I did. I don't need to spell it out my reasons, as they should be obvious.

Now Ari, you can do another snide comment, yawn, roll eyes or try to say whatever bullshit you like. I've said my bit and will go back on topic for others.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »

Suit yourself, think whatever you want to think. I'm not going to go down the long-drawn route that butterflies did. Don't have the patience, and frankly I don't want to entertain you or Les since you two are the main causes of it. I did not want to say it before, but you two along with Callaway are toxic and a burden to i2, and because of this I can't even be civil anymore.

It has nothing to do with this thread before you jump to such a conclusion, otherwise I would have not responded to you in the way I did. I don't need to spell it out my reasons, as they should be obvious.

Now Ari, you can do another snide comment, yawn, roll eyes or try to say whatever bullshit you like. I've said my bit and will go back on topic for others.

Fucking coward. You just lost whatever respect I had left for you. Not only do you completely lack the skills require to conduct a debate of any kind, the only way you seem to know is to play dirty.

Why not just leave? The few people who tolerate you are not around a lot and if I'm toxic to you you're likely to be poisoned.

- Albert Einstein

• Constant Poster
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »
Wait, what... I'm a coward now? For being honest? :LMAO:

Whatever you say.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »
I think you know perfectly well what I mean. You are an idiot but you are not stupid.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »
Weren't you going back on topic, btw? Fucking lowlife.

- Albert Einstein

• Constant Poster
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2012, 04:01:48 PM »
I think you know perfectly well what I mean. You are an idiot but you are not stupid.

No, I actually don't. Glad I got you riled up, that was incredibly easy.

You don't get it, do you? Do you honestly think I played "dirty" because my debating skills are not up to scratch? If you haven't read between the lines by now, then I may as well spell it out to you:

I dislike you.

You know, I actually changed my mind on that. How about that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »

No, I actually don't. Glad I got you riled up, that was incredibly easy.

You don't get it, do you? Do you honestly think I played "dirty" because my debating skills are not up to scratch? If you haven't read between the lines by now, then I may as well spell it out to you:

I dislike you.

I know. Guess what? I don't really care. I told you a long time ago what I think of you. I have tried to be civil to you, though. Comes with age and experience, all of which you don't have.

And yes. You don't have any real debating skills. You seem to know the strawman but that's the extent of it. You are talented in one area and pretty much one area only, but think you have it in you to do more.

You don't, and life will be oh so cruel to you.

And no, you didn't resort to the lowlife tactics because of the skills you lack. You are simply showing what you are like. Your pictures may be pretty but you are ugly inside. You always were, you always will.

You know, I actually changed my mind on that. How about that.

/shrugs

- Albert Einstein

• Constant Poster
« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2012, 04:39:11 PM »
My life has been pretty good so far, but thanks for the concern. Sorry for lacking the ability to argue pointlessly for 30+ threads. :zoinks:

I tried to be civil with you despite my antics, can't do that anymore. Not many people seem to like you either, hence why Dunc etc. left i2. The only enemies I get are either crazy, stupid or manchildren like yourself.

Remember when you asked pea to make you admin on his forum - just to ban me? Real smooth, really just showed how you're partial a bit of the oul' "lowlife tactics" too. :orly:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »
Poor bitter little boy. I'm pleased you admit to your lowlife tactics, though. It would have been pointless to deny it but knowing what you are like, I did expect it.

And please, don't mistake my comments as concern for your well-being. I don't care, I simply observe. but if I'm there to observe your pain, so much the better.

Now off you go, lad. See if the teenie weenies want to play with you.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2012, 12:23:27 PM »
Regarding the original topic, I think mere common sense SHOULD be the best law.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2012, 12:47:37 PM »
Regarding the original topic, I think mere common sense SHOULD be the best law.

Probably difficult to enforce, one way or the other. They'd have to rely on preceding cases. :-\

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
The point is actually that this kind of stuff shouldn't have to be enforced. Everyone knows right from wrong.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2012, 12:20:19 AM »
Well, it seems the definition varies depending on whom you ask.

- Albert Einstein