Author Topic: Obama wins  (Read 892 times)

TheoK

Re: Obama wins
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 03:24:17 PM »
It's not unlikely. In Sweden we have 8 parties in the parliament. Except for SD they all belong to one of two "blocks", so it's pretty similar to America, although the issues are much different. The social democrats and the communists, and sometimes also the green party, are usually in power, although now we have had a "liberal-conservative" (by Swedish standards, that are extremely to the left) government since 2006.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 03:27:07 PM »
The American voters as a whole are pretty predictable, when one side pisses them off, they vote for the other. It is pretty obvious that the Republicans are going to crying foul for the next four years and if they get enough people riled up and kiss enough ass, they win, the same would have been true for the dems if they had lost.

Politics is not as simple as you would like to make it.

The Republican party has two choices right now.  They can retool, move to the center, and become a national force once again.  This will include ejecting almost all of their current funding, so I find it very unlikely to happen.  The other option is to double down on their past ideas, in which case they will go he way of the Whigs.  They may retain some regional power for a few decades, mostly in the South, but in the end they will become a piece of history.

Or they could simply attempt to suppress more voters. As long as the Dems and the GOP continue to control the elections, neither party will die and the cycle will continue.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
It's not unlikely. In Sweden we have 8 parties in the parliament. Except for SD they all belong to one of two "blocks", so it's pretty similar to America, although the issues are much different. The social democrats and the communists, and sometimes also the green party, are usually in power, although now we have had a "liberal-conservative" (by Swedish standards, that are extremely to the left) government since 2006.

Two party rule in this country is a financial problem.  Once the Republicans prove (as they have begun) that they are no longer a national force, the money will start to flow elsewhere.  A third party will emerge, likely fiscally conservative and socially moderate, with a big boner for military spending.  This will draw off the military industrial complex donations and fund something that can actually compete.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
personally I'm happy the brother won,  :zoinks:
I dont care about politics however. I am pretty exitied about all the horse cock the republicans are sucking down today though.
Its very entertaining to sit back and watch.
Those poor poor good ol boys.  :laugh:
:skywarp:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 05:15:09 PM »
I don't think the Republicans will win in 2016

Obviously impossible to tell and depends who gest the nomination, but I don't think Obama pissing people off means the Democrats will necessarily lose in 4 years time

The American voters as a whole are pretty predictable, when one side pisses them off, they vote for the other. It is pretty obvious that the Republicans are going to crying foul for the next four years and if they get enough people riled up and kiss enough ass, they win, the same would have been true for the dems if they had lost.

Why didn't they elect a Republican this time then?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 05:17:28 PM »
I also agree with odeon. Seems to me the Republicans will HAVE to lose ground, no matter what the Democrats and Obama do. They'll either have to change, or accept that they're not gonna win. Their policies and current set up clearly aren't working for younger voters.

TA I think if what you were saying was right, Romney would have won this week, forget 2016

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »
btw this is a view from half way across the atlantic, and I don't understand american politics as much so accept I could be totally talking out of my ass here, but that is how it looks to me :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 05:20:01 PM »
Half way across the atlantic? Why did I say that? I'm completely on the other side of the atlantic. I blame my lack of sleep last night.

I'll stop posting now, that's four in a row.....

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »
Half way across the atlantic? Why did I say that? I'm completely on the other side of the atlantic. I blame my lack of sleep last night.

I'll stop posting now, that's four in a row.....

And there was me, thinking you finally started some serious exercising. Was dreaming of you with a glorious torso, and hideous six pack.

For what it's worth, hearing politic analysts say here that the Republicans are losing ground, because more and more they are starting to get the club for older angry white men. Kinda made sense, an Atlantic ocean, a North-sea, and an IJsselmeer away. Glad Romney did not win indeed.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »
Should have made two posts out of that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »
Hooray!  Not-Romney won!

And maybe in four years one of the candidates will be outright good, instead of the less-bad choice.

Yes, and you come to Heaven when you die, and Santa Claus lives on the North Pole  :tard:
OK, fine, maybe by then legalizing recreational marijuana will get voted in in my state and I'll be too high all the time to care.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »
A third party will emerge, likely fiscally conservative and socially moderate, with a big boner for military spending.  This will draw off the military industrial complex donations and fund something that can actually compete.

I see where you're coming from with the fiscally conservative and socially moderate party, but why do you think it will be funded by military donations? Wouldn't the military be likely to stick with the failing Republicans, since they have an extremely regimented and traditional ethos? Corporations on the other hand follow the money, so if the Republicans are no longer an effective investment, then they would start investing elsewhere - like with a party that advocated small government and few regulations.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »

Obviously impossible to tell and depends who gest the nomination, but I don't think Obama pissing people off means the Democrats will necessarily lose in 4 years time

What sane person would cast a vote for the Mormon Church to run the United States? That turned a lot of people away, and the fact that Romney put his foot in his mouth too many times.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
A third party will emerge, likely fiscally conservative and socially moderate, with a big boner for military spending.  This will draw off the military industrial complex donations and fund something that can actually compete.

I see where you're coming from with the fiscally conservative and socially moderate party, but why do you think it will be funded by military donations? Wouldn't the military be likely to stick with the failing Republicans, since they have an extremely regimented and traditional ethos? Corporations on the other hand follow the money, so if the Republicans are no longer an effective investment, then they would start investing elsewhere - like with a party that advocated small government and few regulations.

The military is a business, mainly, and therefore it goes where the money goes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 11:32:11 PM »

What sane person would cast a vote for the Mormon Church to run the United States? That turned a lot of people away, and the fact that Romney put his foot in his mouth too many times.

Turns out quite a few would. I very much doubt he lost the election because he is a Mormon.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein