Educational

Author Topic: Chronic Bitches  (Read 2347 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Chronic Bitches
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2016, 12:20:08 PM »
You should TOTALLY run a meth lab.

My recent work experiences have shown me that I have patience and precision, that I can do
   routine work over and over with focus and pride!  And I would be careful about safety.  :police:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »
My head hurts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »
  I'm an avoider.  That's why I procrastinate, why I cling to the familiar, why I've been celibate forever,
  why I've lived in my city for 27 years without ever having gotten to know any of the cultural scenes.
  It's a family pattern, I was just thinking about that today.  It's deeply rooted and it's hard to change.  :apondering:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2016, 01:33:20 AM »
My finger joints all stiff and sore at the moment.

'I2 crowd-sourced community meth lab anyone?

Easy enough an art to learn, especially if just beginning, red phosphorus/iodine reduction of pseudo/ephedrine is the best known, as is the Birch-benckiser reduction (AKA the 'nazi method', using the solvated electron 'electride's generated by dissolving lithium metal in anhydrous liquid ammonia) is widely used in the US due to the availability of anhydrous NH3 due to its use as a fertilizer by farmers, dangerous though if one has no chemistry experience, due to the fumes, corrosive properties of ammonia, and the need to handle a cryogenic liquified gas)

No experience with phosphorus acid/hypophosphorus acid-iodine reductions,

Favourite route to amphetamines though has to be condensation of benzaldehyde and nitroethane, catalyzed by a base (TETA, triethylenetetramine has so far given lovely results), that gives an intermediate beta-nitrostyrene or beta-nitropropene depending on if the nitroalkane reagent be nitromethane or nitroethane to give phenethylamines and amphetamines respectively. Very quick route too, a couple of hours work to start from nitroalkane+(substituted) benzaldehyde, about 2 hours IIRC, is what it took whilst working on 2C-D (2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenethylamine), reduction times vary with the method used, lithium aluminium hydride is clean and very reliable, fast, but does have the disadvantage that LiAlH4 isn't particularly friendly stuff, it likes to burst into flame on contact with air/atmospheric moisture, glassware needs to be oven-dried immediately before use, the release of lots of hydrogen gas when the finished reaction has gone to completion and needs quenching with water, slowly and carefully.

Aluminium amalgam reduction works for nitrostyrenes, but for some reason apparently not upon nitropropenes.
with
But all in all, it is a great route IMO, I could teach the basics of it in about half an hour probably, although having nobody to learn from I tought myself. I like that the the nitrostyrene/nitropropenes produced in this way are insoluble in water, and methanol so that simplifies actually obtaining one's target from the solvents and synthesis reagents used, the 2C-D nitrostyrene I'm thinking of just crashes out of solution as orange to yellow crystalline needles or flakes, needs a quick wash but thats about it.

Produces ordinary amphetamine/substituted amphetamines though rather than N-methylamphetamines, not too much of a problem though, all in all, probably the method I'd recommend for anybody who's just starting out getting into the hobby.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2016, 09:45:50 AM »
My finger joints all stiff and sore at the moment.

'I2 crowd-sourced community meth lab anyone?

Easy enough an art to learn, especially if just beginning, red phosphorus/iodine reduction of pseudo/ephedrine is the best known, as is the Birch-benckiser reduction (AKA the 'nazi method', using the solvated electron 'electride's generated by dissolving lithium metal in anhydrous liquid ammonia) is widely used in the US due to the availability of anhydrous NH3 due to its use as a fertilizer by farmers, dangerous though if one has no chemistry experience, due to the fumes, corrosive properties of ammonia, and the need to handle a cryogenic liquified gas)

No experience with phosphorus acid/hypophosphorus acid-iodine reductions,

Favourite route to amphetamines though has to be condensation of benzaldehyde and nitroethane, catalyzed by a base (TETA, triethylenetetramine has so far given lovely results), that gives an intermediate beta-nitrostyrene or beta-nitropropene depending on if the nitroalkane reagent be nitromethane or nitroethane to give phenethylamines and amphetamines respectively. Very quick route too, a couple of hours work to start from nitroalkane+(substituted) benzaldehyde, about 2 hours IIRC, is what it took whilst working on 2C-D (2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenethylamine), reduction times vary with the method used, lithium aluminium hydride is clean and very reliable, fast, but does have the disadvantage that LiAlH4 isn't particularly friendly stuff, it likes to burst into flame on contact with air/atmospheric moisture, glassware needs to be oven-dried immediately before use, the release of lots of hydrogen gas when the finished reaction has gone to completion and needs quenching with water, slowly and carefully.

Aluminium amalgam reduction works for nitrostyrenes, but for some reason apparently not upon nitropropenes.
with
But all in all, it is a great route IMO, I could teach the basics of it in about half an hour probably, although having nobody to learn from I tought myself. I like that the the nitrostyrene/nitropropenes produced in this way are insoluble in water, and methanol so that simplifies actually obtaining one's target from the solvents and synthesis reagents used, the 2C-D nitrostyrene I'm thinking of just crashes out of solution as orange to yellow crystalline needles or flakes, needs a quick wash but thats about it.

Produces ordinary amphetamine/substituted amphetamines though rather than N-methylamphetamines, not too much of a problem though, all in all, probably the method I'd recommend for anybody who's just starting out getting into the hobby.

I know CBC would be happy to participate.  She's channel her inner Walter White.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2016, 05:18:50 PM »
Another eye infection. I'm lucky to have the meds with me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2016, 08:20:48 PM »
  Laundry, fucking laundry!  Every few days I gotta schlep it up and down the stairs!  >:(

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2016, 02:56:07 AM »
My joints are getting worse, I think. I've had to use the cane the last week or so.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2016, 03:01:39 AM »
My joints are getting worse, I think. I've had to use the cane the last week or so.

How hard is using the cane on your wrist?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2016, 03:28:13 AM »

How hard is using the cane on your wrist?

It's not brilliant but thankfully my wrists are not that bad.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2016, 09:47:56 AM »
  Laundry, fucking laundry!  Every few days I gotta schlep it up and down the stairs!  >:(

Don't fuck your laundry.  It puts in stains that are hard to get out.   :penis:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2016, 04:32:56 PM »

That's just wrong.   :runaway:  :GA:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2016, 02:45:17 AM »

That's just wrong.   :runaway:  :GA:

DUH! That's why the warning was given.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »
more plagiarism, more bad writing, more paperwork, and still no results.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2016, 11:48:57 AM »
Still using the cane, so had some explaining to do at the office.

"Well, it was either this or new shoes."
"Everyone in Sweden has these babies."
"War wound."
"It doubles as a light sword."

Etc.

- Albert Einstein