Author Topic: Vegan  (Read 4366 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Vegan
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
I discovered an interesting side effect to my veganism last night.  I haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing yet, but my alcohol tolerance has been completely wrecked.  I had 2 scotches last night to calm my nerves from all the real estate drama.  When I drink, I drink.  A scotch night usually consists of 3 or 4 drinks over a period of 3 or 4 hours, and I get pleasantly tipsy and sleep well.  Last night I drank 2 scotches in 2 hours and found myself quite unexpectedly trashed.  Tore up, room spinning, drunk like I hadn't been since 19 years old.  Woke up this morning with a hangover, something I haven't had since I was 20ish.  It sucked.

I guess in the long run it should save me money on liquor.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2012, 11:44:21 AM »
I discovered an interesting side effect to my veganism last night.  I haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing yet, but my alcohol tolerance has been completely wrecked.  I had 2 scotches last night to calm my nerves from all the real estate drama.  When I drink, I drink.  A scotch night usually consists of 3 or 4 drinks over a period of 3 or 4 hours, and I get pleasantly tipsy and sleep well.  Last night I drank 2 scotches in 2 hours and found myself quite unexpectedly trashed.  Tore up, room spinning, drunk like I hadn't been since 19 years old.  Woke up this morning with a hangover, something I haven't had since I was 20ish.  It sucked.

good. if you only need one scotch a night its cheeper for you! i have a friend with a really high tollerance and he hates it when he goes to pubs. cant even get a buzz without 3 or so beer [15$ later}

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2012, 08:43:46 AM »

I think it's a good thing all around.   :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »

I would wonder whether you are getting enough zinc through your diet because it seems to me that either your liver is making less alcohol dehydrogenase, which contains zinc, or your liver is using more of its stores of alcohol dehydrogenase to metabolize your new vegan diet.  Many of the best zinc sources are animal based, like oysters and other seafood for example, but wheat germ and pine nuts are good vegan sources.

Another possibility is your former chronic alcohol consumption or something else damaged your liver and it can no longer handle that degree of alcohol consumption.  Although it seems very coincidental to have happened shortly after your vegan dietary change, maybe you should go to the doctor and have some blood drawn to check your liver function if you haven't had that done recently.  Have you lost a lot of weight lately, more than one or two pounds a week? 

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2012, 11:51:37 AM »
Dude I did some reading because I was curious about this neat veganism thing. Turns out I learned me some science shit. There are-

*Herbivores- which are simple prey animals, and they don't need to be intelligent because they are living slabs of meat. Hence the reason they eat grass and shit. Their brains don't need too much energy to function.

*Carnivores- The rocketship of the animal kingdom. They require a good bit of energy to fuel complex thinking and planning to nab prey, so they eat meat with proteins and loads of calories and other shit in it. Lets their brain run free.

*Omnivores- These animals are able to capitalize on any foodsource, as their system can break down and produce energy from a wide variety of foods. Its been proven that they are only healthy by eating a balance of the two. They have none of the dumb weaknesses of herbivores and all the strengths of carnivores. These animals eat LIKE A FUCKIN BOSS.

Which are humans, eh? I guess if you wish to devolve the human race into stupid helpless prey animals then you will continue promoting this retarded "veganism" It is a widley accepted theory that the only reason humans can think in the first place is that they began to eat meat.  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »
Some say it was the consumption of fish that started making humans more intelligent, due to omega 3 and such.

Chose whatever you want to eat, but at this moment humans are omnivores. Don't particularly care if we were herbivores or not in the past, because evolution does it's work to make creatures like us adapt. Does it mean we can evolve to be herbivores? Entirely possible, but I don't think a few rabid vegans can trigger that over night. We could also evolve into pure carnivores too. Let's see in another 10,000 years or so, when nature takes it's course.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2012, 09:19:05 AM »

I would wonder whether you are getting enough zinc through your diet because it seems to me that either your liver is making less alcohol dehydrogenase, which contains zinc, or your liver is using more of its stores of alcohol dehydrogenase to metabolize your new vegan diet.  Many of the best zinc sources are animal based, like oysters and other seafood for example, but wheat germ and pine nuts are good vegan sources.

Another possibility is your former chronic alcohol consumption or something else damaged your liver and it can no longer handle that degree of alcohol consumption.  Although it seems very coincidental to have happened shortly after your vegan dietary change, maybe you should go to the doctor and have some blood drawn to check your liver function if you haven't had that done recently.  Have you lost a lot of weight lately, more than one or two pounds a week?

:lol1:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2012, 09:19:55 AM »
Dude I did some reading because I was curious about this neat veganism thing. Turns out I learned me some science shit. There are-

*Herbivores- which are simple prey animals, and they don't need to be intelligent because they are living slabs of meat. Hence the reason they eat grass and shit. Their brains don't need too much energy to function.

*Carnivores- The rocketship of the animal kingdom. They require a good bit of energy to fuel complex thinking and planning to nab prey, so they eat meat with proteins and loads of calories and other shit in it. Lets their brain run free.

*Omnivores- These animals are able to capitalize on any foodsource, as their system can break down and produce energy from a wide variety of foods. Its been proven that they are only healthy by eating a balance of the two. They have none of the dumb weaknesses of herbivores and all the strengths of carnivores. These animals eat LIKE A FUCKIN BOSS.

Which are humans, eh? I guess if you wish to devolve the human race into stupid helpless prey animals then you will continue promoting this retarded "veganism" It is a widley accepted theory that the only reason humans can think in the first place is that they began to eat meat.  :zoinks:

Dude, don't let what other people do in the privacy of their own kitchens bother you so much :)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »
I don't think a few rabid vegans ...

Why do vegans have to be rabid?  :lol1:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »
Well considering the shite a lot of them spout, it's pretty much like they're rabid.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2012, 09:29:14 AM »
Well considering the shite a lot of them spout, it's pretty much like they're rabid.

Some can be, but the same can be said about any group.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »
True, but I find Vegans to be one of the more annoying groups.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
True, but I find Vegans to be one of the more annoying groups.

I'm annoying for a lot of reasons, but I bet if you set up a poll you wouldn't find my veganism in the top 10  :apondering:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2012, 09:47:28 AM »
Didn't realise you represented the collective of annoying vegans.

Weirdly enough I haven't actually met a vegan who wasn't a pious arse about it to some degree. I still live for the hope that one day I'll actually meet a vegan who isn't a complete prick. Have found a few decent vegetarians though.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »
Some say it was the consumption of fish that started making humans more intelligent, due to omega 3 and such.

Chose whatever you want to eat, but at this moment humans are omnivores. Don't particularly care if we were herbivores or not in the past, because evolution does it's work to make creatures like us adapt. Does it mean we can evolve to be herbivores? Entirely possible, but I don't think a few rabid vegans can trigger that over night. We could also evolve into pure carnivores too. Let's see in another 10,000 years or so, when nature takes it's course.

humans are omnivores

^This man knows.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"