Educational

Author Topic: How can i prank my neighbour  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: How can i prank my neighbour
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
Lol kapkao...that WAS the dumbed down version of the layman's terms. Its basic chemistry, about as basic as you can get. Can't put it in terms that are any more layman's terms than that.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 02:19:11 AM »
Nah... imagine, that you are explaining something to an average, working-class masses, many of whom are 'average' intelligence. They're going to want know what the hell you're talking about without having to refer to a dictionary or a chem textbook!

"Basic chemistry terms" doesn't make the cut. Instead, you need 'everyday, common english vernacular'.

'Sides... it saves me (and others) the time of having to decipher such rubbish. :M

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 03:49:54 PM »
Nah... imagine, that you are explaining something to an average, working-class masses, many of whom are 'average' intelligence. They're going to want know what the hell you're talking about without having to refer to a dictionary or a chem textbook!

"Basic chemistry terms" doesn't make the cut. Instead, you need 'everyday, common english vernacular'.

'Sides... it saves me (and others) the time of having to decipher such rubbish. :M

It's not rubbish.  I'm really glad to know someone who has such an encyclopedic knowledge of chemistry and I never mind when someone's post sends me looking for a dictionary.  Stoichiometry is a concept covered in high school chemistry, so I didn't need a dictionary for this one, BTW.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »
lol

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 07:16:45 PM »

It's not rubbish.  I'm really glad to know someone who has such an encyclopedic knowledge of chemistry and I never mind when someone's post sends me looking for a dictionary.  Stoichiometry is a concept covered in high school chemistry, so I didn't need a dictionary for this one, BTW.

Bully for you. Thanks for contributing nothing of relevance to my post. This isn't necessarily about one of Les's "big words" or another, but his inability to express his chemistry knowledge in common or 'casual' english. That's all.

:M

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »
If I pared my explanation down any further, it would end up sounding plain stupid.

'mix A with B in the right amount, set it on fire with flammable metal C that burns really hot, whilst in bucket on top of car. Car go burny burny and trash completely forever'

Oh, and don't stare directly at the stuff if you waste his car, the glare can be intense, and the same goes for burning Mg (thats flammable metal that burns really hot, for you kapkao its called mag-ne-si-um:P )

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2012, 07:42:52 PM »
If I pared my explanation down any further, it would end up sounding plain stupid.

I wonder how well not "sounding plain stupid" works in more NT-oriented crowds and boards...  :LOL:

So you have an aversion to "sounding plain stupid". Why doesn't that work when someone posts 3 random pictures of girl-girl tickle torture? Is the urge to derail a thread over one's fascination with Faye Kane simply that overwhelming? Maybe you can't quite shut up over the intricate details of what you consider to be turn-ons in terms of women?

I understood most of your post the first time, numbnuts. I just wondered if you have the capacity to bother yourself with discussing chemistry in something other than university-level or college-level terminology. I used a weak example, apparently.
 :M

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2012, 08:49:20 PM »
FWIW I had never heard of stoichiometry either. I never did high school chemistry to that degree.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2012, 10:30:27 PM »
I can't say the high school science classes I had were that great. For a large part, I actually sat out to the side, reading the textbooks and memorizing the hazardous interaction cards.

I'm pretty much almost entirely self-taught. chemistry, molecular biology, genetics to a certain extent, although I still need to build a lot of equipment before I can for instance, play around with transgenic organisms, toxicology, cognitive neuroscience, botany, mycology and natural history in general.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »

i did not take chem in high school. i dropped out of high school in grade nine. i have no chem backgrownd or knowledge what so ever

I KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.

if you cant understand something dont call the person who was talking about it a geek, in reality your just calling yourself a idiot.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2012, 09:34:14 AM »

i did not take chem in high school. i dropped out of high school in grade nine. i have no chem backgrownd or knowledge what so ever

I KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.

Who are you and why should I care?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
if you cant understand something dont call the person who was talking about it a geek, in reality your just calling yourself a idiot.

I'm an idiot geek.  :asthing:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »

I'm an idiot geek.  :asthing:
Ah, but do you have a nice ass to match that temper displayed in meadow vs dfg? :P

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »

It just needed re vamping
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder