Author Topic: I like, very much  (Read 2879 times)

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: I like, very much
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2012, 05:27:09 AM »
:yawn:

If you aren't aware, this is a lawsuit and is exactly what I was coming back here about. Last night I saw another threat was made about my photo. Basically I've lost all respect through the process, not that I had much to begin with. I wanted to let you know that if I find my photo floating out there being used unlawfully, there will be problems. Didn't have to look far did I. There is detection software for these things in case you don't know this but clearly you are not at all concerned here with crossing the boundary right in front of my face. Basically I am now going forward with a lawsuit against Odeon because this is his site where he wants to allow it and anyone else involved. You just keep taking me for a fool don't you.

....what.

MLA is German Girl and is using a picture of Meadow (') as his avatar.  She is now going to sue the site/Odeon because she did not authorize the use of her photo.  She had used it as her avatar for a brief time a while back, which is how I guess MLA found it.

...Yeah, good luck with that one. Meadow obviously has zero idea how the law works.

No liability rests with Odeon, as he is not the one making unauthorised use of the image nor is he hosting it. MLA or whatever site the image is hosted on are the ones at liability.

Odeon is liable for much and including allowing one of his members to harass and then also misuse my property. There are some here smart enough to understand how to read me but for the rest of you running operations who have no sense, you will have to find out the hard way.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Liability lays with the image host. If I were to take your picture, stick it on Photobucket and use it as my avatar on AFF (which I won't, 'cause it's a pretty douchy thing to do), AFF wouldn't be liable, Photobucket would be.

Additionally, Odeon is not liable for the actions of his members unless you can prove that he condones or otherwise supports it; As there is no moderation here, you'll have a hard time proving that. If he censored some but not all such behaviour depending on who the perpetrator was, then maybe, but as nobody gets censored...

But all the same - good luck with that.

Source: years of modminning AFF and dealing with this shit before.

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2012, 07:28:51 AM »
Good point. Meadow... you post this pseudolegalistic threadjacking bullshit in my thread again, I will;
give your face the "Oil of Vitriol" treatment
pm/post every sex-/murder-oriented  crime scene photo that google or bing has access to straight to your monitor
give you a detailed, photographic look at the all the interesting, diverse flesh-eating diseases effecting people across the 3rd World in the 21st century
Give you accurate, detailed descriptions of Albert Fish's more heinous and confirmed crimes.
Describe the Rape of Nanking to you as accurately as possible
AND/OR Describe Unit 731 in as horrifying detail as possible.

Cut the shit.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »
 :wanker:

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2012, 11:17:14 AM »
Would you, please? Since you're a "german girl"? I get tired of "play with yourself" because if anything... it's a team sport.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012, 12:23:22 PM »
Would you, please? Since you're a "german girl"? I get tired of "play with yourself" because if anything... it's a team sport.

:yawn:

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2012, 07:10:18 PM »
furious and burnt out

because of BS at some other board that has "play nice" rules, no less

I guess if burning bridges is your thing......

Myself, I would worry bout the short plank I was standing on.

"Go ahead and ban me" here at I2, if that's what you're talking about Skyblue. I really don't care anymore.  I tire of vesting emotion in that other delicate flower, nursery-child oriented website. It seems like it is about to implode from inactivity anyhow.

I don't care about "burning bridges" with most of the AFF newbs. I also tire of playing 'watch dog' there because trolls frequently show and go unmoderated (but hellll no if you talk mean to them or else "Nu"/Pikajedi3 will show up and shriek "oi cut that out"!)

A futile endeavor, if ever there was one.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »
furious and burnt out

"Go ahead and ban me" here at I2, if that's what you're talking about Skyblue. I really don't care anymore.  I tire of vesting emotion in that other delicate flower, nursery-child oriented website. It seems like it is about to implode from inactivity anyhow.

I don't care about "burning bridges" with most of the AFF newbs. I also tire of playing 'watch dog' there because trolls frequently show and go unmoderated (but hellll no if you talk mean to them or else "Nu"/Pikajedi3 will show up and shriek "oi cut that out"!)

Kind of hard to get banned here.

You are turning a quiet piece of advice, given in private, into drama.

The advice, must have hit a nerve.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »

Bite me.

Better the current style of moderation than the alternative.

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 07:52:26 PM »
If you want to call it drama, go right ahead. I am irritated and not afraid to let the world know about it.  :squiddy:

The advice didn't do anything to me. The fact that I am a target of gossip and having  to read Genesis's spam/pointless drivel, his whining and occasional histrionics WHILE SHOUTING IN ALLCAPS without being able to respond to such crap in kind convinced me I needed to move on.

I wasn't having any constructive effect, there. Probably not here, either... we'll see.

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »

Bite me.

Sorry, you don't taste all that good to begin with. I doubt marinade or chocolate syrup would even help.
Better the current style of moderation than the alternative.
Probably true, considering how willing you were to nuke the boards because of emotional issues.

"Moderation" isn't a problem, until everyone posting gets treated like a delicate flower. ;)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 08:04:19 PM »
"Moderation" isn't a problem, until everyone posting gets treated like a delicate flower.
hmmm, nicely said

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
If you want to call it drama, go right ahead. I am irritated and not afraid to let the world know about it.  :squiddy:

The advice didn't do anything to me. The fact that I am a target of gossip and having  to read Genesis's spam/pointless drivel, his whining and occasional histrionics WHILE SHOUTING IN ALLCAPS without being able to respond to such crap in kind convinced me I needed to move on.

I wasn't having any constructive effect, there. Probably not here, either... we'll see.

Honestly, you're better suited to over here. You're alright and I like you and all, but the past few weeks you've just been annoying.

I'm not particularly happy with the direction the forum is headed in - but it's been coming a long, long time. AFF's declination is not a new thing, but it's been slow enough to be insidious. Besides, in regards to some aspects of moderation, my hands are tied and there is nothing I can do.

Don't misunderstand - AFF is still a pretty highly active forum, compared to most of them out there. We're the oldest surviving Aspie forum and we're the second largest - only Wrongplanet is bigger, and I'm not sure about that anymore. But it's not what it used to be.

Believe me when I say the current style of moderation is better than the alternative. I'm as laissez-faire as I can be, but that has limitations.

I'd like you to point out any time that I nuked the board out of emotional issues. Ever. I've always stepped away from the forum when my emotional state hasn't been fantastic. So you're either incredibly wrong (and I'd like an apology and a retraction), or you're misrepresenting the facts. I'd wager it's the former.

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 08:19:24 PM »
It doesn't matter. This issue is settled as far as Im concerned and I hope to be deleted on AFF by next sunday. (Over here in the states)

*Kapkao takes a deep breath or two

Thank goodness for those 16-bit games that let you rename your own character
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:21:43 PM by Kapkao »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2012, 08:25:18 PM »
furious and burnt out

You're getting the wrong idea there little fella. Its kind of like the woman that shows most of her tits but tells you where her eyes are, if you know what I mean.

Nobody is attacking you. Thats just the way this place is. Don't be a faggot.  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »
furious and burnt out

You're getting the wrong idea there little fella. Its kind of like the woman that shows most of her tits but tells you where her eyes are, if you know what I mean.

Nobody is attacking you. Thats just the way this place is. Don't be a faggot.  :zoinks:

too tempting to resist :D