Educational

Author Topic: pink slime  (Read 769 times)

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
Re: pink slime
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »
^ Do you believe the stuff you write, SS, because if you do you really should be seeing a therapist. It isn't healthy to believe the world is that sinister.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 10:09:48 PM »
^ Do you believe the stuff you write, SS, because if you do you really should be seeing a therapist. It isn't healthy to believe the world is that sinister.

Yes, our leaders are really that sinister.

Ever heard of the NDAA bill that got signed into law a couple of months ago? They can secretly arrest and disappear anybody they want.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 10:29:45 PM »

Ever heard of the NDAA bill that got signed into law a couple of months ago? They can secretly arrest and disappear anybody they want.

That clause you're referring to is for detaining someone suspected of terrorism. You have some issues pertaining to paranoia, not unlike a lot of people. I don't follow that pattern of thinking but wish you the best.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »

That clause you're referring to is for detaining someone suspected of terrorism. You have some issues pertaining to paranoia, not unlike a lot of people. I don't follow that pattern of thinking but wish you the best.

The question would be what exactly does it take for someone to be "suspected of terrorism?"  Since it's a war on terrorism as opposed to a specific country, the war will never be over, so they have granted themselves the right to detain someone forever without a trial or even needing to show just exactly what the detained person is accused of doing.  Do you think that nobody has been unjustly detained since that has become law?  I think that Congress destroyed due process as set out in the Bill of Rights by passing that law.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 11:33:51 PM »
I'm not going to speculate and I will trust my government until there is proven corruption in that regard. You and others are entitled to think however you choose and I'm free to see it as paranoia driven mania on the part of many until it is proven otherwise. I'm not interested in a lot of this nonsense. That was presented to me as a real issue and I gave my take on it in response.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 12:58:46 AM »

Technically, they already had that power since the Patriot Act, even before that unofficially. Unofficially as in, they did it while congress turned a blind eye and in areas beyond U.S jurisdiction, like that one rendition centre in Egypt. If they really want you, you're fucked, even if they don't have lawful grounds to do so. The NDAA only made it more official.

China also engages in similar kidnappings too apparently, pretty sure Russia does too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:03:08 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Meadow

• Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »
I guess you guys probably do have a lot to be worried about.   :thumbup:

P7PSP

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 01:19:20 AM »
People who distribute raw milk are being arrested all over the place.

The government are hell bent on eradicating natural and safe food from the food supply. :wanker:
I have put in some hours collecting signatures to put a measure on the ballot in CA to require companies to label GMO's. I am not eating any hamburger until/unless I can be sure this pink slime garbage is not in my food. I have been eating more bok choy and napa cabbage lately.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 01:24:15 AM »

Technically, they already had that power since the Patriot Act, even before that unofficially. Unofficially as in, they did it while congress turned a blind eye and in areas beyond U.S jurisdiction, like that one rendition centre in Egypt. If they really want you, you're fucked, even if they don't have lawful grounds to do so. The NDAA only made it more official.

China also engages in similar kidnappings too apparently, pretty sure Russia does too.

There was language in Section 1031 of the original bill that precluded detaining American citizens without due process, but that language was removed at the request of the Obama administration, according to Carl Levin. 

"The language which precluded the application of Section 1031 to American citizens was in the bill that we originally approved...and the administration asked us to remove the language which says that U.S. citizens and lawful residents would not be subject to this section," said Levin, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee.

"It was the administration that asked us to remove the very language which we had in the bill which passed the committee...we removed it at the request of the administration," said Levine, emphasizing, "It was the administration which asked us to remove the very language the absence of which is now objected to."

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 02:24:56 AM »
Heh, a good ole bait and switch. That would mean they can save time and money and detain citizens without need of rendition or unlawful kidnappings now.

So the language that prevents citizens from being targeted by NDAA was removed, so much for people I hear arguing that the bill didn't affect American citizens. So, why isn't there a far greater outrage over this? The NDAA literally overrides the constitution and bill of rights by the sounds of it. With such provisions the US could become a dictatorship overnight should a terrorist event occur again. But considering the prospect of Iran war too, that could be used as a pretext to exercise these new powers fully due to 'being at war'.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 02:43:56 AM »
Heh, a good ole bait and switch. That would mean they can save time and money and detain citizens without need of rendition or unlawful kidnappings now.

So the language that prevents citizens from being targeted by NDAA was removed, so much for people I hear arguing that the bill didn't affect American citizens. So, why isn't there a far greater outrage over this? The NDAA literally overrides the constitution and bill of rights by the sounds of it. With such provisions the US could become a dictatorship overnight should a terrorist event occur again. But considering the prospect of Iran war too, that could be used as a pretext to exercise these new powers fully due to 'being at war'.

You are right. 

Here's a YouTube with Senator Carl Levin saying it:

I think the reason there isn't a bigger outcry is that far too many people are complacent sheep who won't protest until the law personally affects them and they regard the people who are protesting the destruction of the Bill of Rights as paranoid.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 07:10:33 AM »
This bullshit is getting too uncomfortable. I'm really considering buying a gun and doing some target practice. :thumbdn:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 07:34:51 AM »
No big loss here, we switched awhile ago.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37:48 AM »
This bullshit is getting too uncomfortable. I'm really considering buying a gun and doing some target practice. :thumbdn:

You're either an armchair activist or the type of person who'd do the likes of a school shooting. Some great example you are.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »

You're either an armchair activist or the type of person who'd do the likes of a school shooting. Some great example you are.

There is no point for me to respond to you anymore. :wanker: