Author Topic: i guess walking down the street is a crime now  (Read 966 times)

eris

Re: i guess walking down the street is a crime now
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
Can you prove that you weren't soliciting sex for money?  :GA:

can i prove it ? um, well, i guess not. but i was fully clothed and walking fast in a definite direction

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 04:42:27 AM »
I have told this story before but once police in their car pulled over and stopped me while I was walking along at night. They thought I was hiding behind a big sign but really I was just walking next to it. Then they took my bag off me and went through my stuff (I just had clothes in there). I kind of got upset and sat down on the side of the road. Then they saw my hospital band. Yeah, I was an escapee from the psych ward. The police started to be nice and they took me back to the hospital in the back of their paddy wagon. It was an experience.

That wrist band probably saved me from being arrested or something because they were saying all this stuff about burglaries in the area and how I would have to go with them to the station. So now I have a MedicAlert bracelet for autism as well as a card in case something like that happens again.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
Yeah, going out at night isn't exactly a smart thing to do IMO. If it ain't a cop, it could be a robber.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 10:43:05 AM »
When he was younger PA was sometimes approached by men offering to "be friends with him."  He couldn't figure out why he was so attractive to guys.  When I explained that he walked like John Wayne and that it was a sexy walk, he said, "Oh."   P. S. he still walks like John Wayne.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »
Police seem to stop anyone at night. My husband would walk to work at night because he worked nights and he get stopped by officers. But the same one kept stopping him while the others didn't so it was harassment. If you are the same person they see every night and they have already stopped you before and you were only going to work, they should know better than to stop you again when they see you again the next night. That is what the rest did but not this officer.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:52:20 PM by Oddball »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
didn't you tell that story yesterday?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
Police seem to stop anyone at night. My husband would walk to work at night because he worked nights and he get stopped by officers. But the same one kept stopping him while the others didn't so it was harassment. If you are the same person they see every night and they have already stopped you before and you were only going to work, they should no better than to stop you again when they see you again the next night. That is what the rest did but not this officer.

I think that they go out of their way to stop people driving here late at night as well with stuff like they say you forgot to signal your right turn or it looked like your brake light was out, but it looks OK now and when they figure out that you are not a criminal, they just give you a warning.  I know that there have been some crimes committed at night, so I guess they look at everyone who is out late at night like they are a criminal unless they are proven otherwise.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 03:52:53 PM »
didn't you tell that story yesterday?

Not in the same way.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 03:54:45 PM »
you told us that story yesterday, didn't you?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »
Could I get it a third time, but with greater detail and possibly some accompanying pictures to help illustrate your points?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 05:57:48 PM »
I think we need a new thread for it

midlifeaspie

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
 :agreed:

But make sure you link the new thread to this one so I don't miss it.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 12:14:48 PM »
you told us that story yesterday, didn't you?

I didn't say anything about my husband walking at night nor did I say police should know better after they have stopped someone once and they see the same person walking every night. They know their business so they have no reason to stop them unless they were doing something suspicious than walking.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 06:47:28 AM »
I used to be a nightwalker, and often saw the police patrolling. They never glanced.

When I started to wear a huge hat they did slow down twice, greeted, and, that was it.

During the days, the only times I have been stopped by them was to ask if I had seen a couple of people with a specific description. And, once got a big grin of a few, because I did not suddenly stop going through a red light, when seeing them, where as my friend turned pale and shitless, and hit the brakes of his bike hard. They laughed so hard at him.  :hahaha:

But then, I never seem to come across as dangerous. People just walk up to me to tell me their secrets and problems.  :asthing:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline MutieTom

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 04:05:39 PM »
Theres a big bookstore in the country that takes me an hour to walk to, I walked there about a year ago, and on the way back got lost and wandered thru a rich kind of "gated community" of mansions (it wasnt gated but very isolated and rich) stopped by the cops on bikes, what are you doing here we don't know you, you're a burgular, you look nervous where's the weed, etc.  Patted me down all over.  Felt a bit embaressed esp. as they said "what you just walk around all day huh" and questioned me about my train tickets and why I go to places.