Author Topic: i guess walking down the street is a crime now  (Read 963 times)

eris

i guess walking down the street is a crime now
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:46:12 AM »
fuck the police

last night about midnight or so, i was walking to a friends house to get something green. i could see a bunch of cops knocking on this door, but i didnt think much of it. not my problem, and cops usually do such things. so i go on walking, planning on going past them and continuing on with my journey. as i am walking past them i hear "HEY YOU"

they ask me who i am, where i am going. i tell them my name, saying im going to a friends. they are very rude and suspicious. they ask me where the person is they are looking for. i have no idea, sir I am just walking down the street. they dont believe me, i MUST know, or in some other way must be up to no good. they ask me why i would approach them in a surprising manner. i told them i wasnt approaching them, just walking past. they told me not to get smart with them. then they told me to go back the way i came or they will arrests me. i say i am going in the other direction. they told me to listen to them or i will be arrested. ok sir, whatever you say. so i walked back in the direction i came from and made a huge detour and it took me forever to get where i was going

this point of this is, this isnt rare. this happens all the time. when i was younger ive had cops yell at me out of the blue and tell me to gtfo when i wasnt doing anything wrong.

they didnt have the right to tell me those things, or that i needed to go home. but what am i gonna do about it, call the cops ?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: i guess walking down the street is a crime now
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:50:33 AM »
Carrying a card, telling you are on the spectrum, may help. They probably see something weird in your appearance, and, being cops, decide it is something bad. Their bad judgement, but, you are the one getting in trouble for it.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

eris

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:55:13 AM »
yes my appearance. i guess i do look a little strange, maybe suspicious. 6 foot tall covered in tattoos wearing a leather jacket. i doubt if they would care if i was on the spectrum, but getting a card saying i am on it is a good idea. i sometimes get strange reactions from people but i tend to think of that as THEIR problem if they are so  intolerant of someone different.

maybe cops are used to people staying away from them, not walking past them as if nothing is wrong. me being so unsuspicious made it look suspicious i guess

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:00:53 AM »
 One night in 1989 I left my then-apartment around 2 a.m. to get orange juice at the
 24-hour store down the street, was followed home by a creep who fortunately didn't do
 anything but follow me, and found that the police were suspicious of me
 for having been on the street at that hour.  Many years before that, I saw a mention in
 the courthouse records of a woman having been charged with being what they called a
 "common nightwalker," by which I guess they mean they couldn't prove she was a
 prostitute or drug dealer but they suspected she must be up to something bad, just
 because she was out on the street after a certain hour of the night.  :tinfoil:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 05:01:16 AM »
You're not the only one on the spectrum getting reactions like that. And, those reactions can make some have full blown meltdowns, making it only worse.  :-\

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 05:10:21 AM »
Carrying a card, telling you are on the spectrum, may help. They probably see something weird in your appearance, and, being cops, decide it is something bad. Their bad judgement, but, you are the one getting in trouble for it.

Yep, happened to me twice. I'm no longer wearing a black beanie, black jacket, and black pants, and black glasses with a beard all at once.

eris

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:14:48 AM »
One night in 1989 I left my then-apartment around 2 a.m. to get orange juice at the
 24-hour store down the street, was followed home by a creep who fortunately didn't do
 for having been on the street at that hour.  Many years before that, I saw a mention in
 the courthouse records of a woman having been charged with being what they called a
 prostitute or drug dealer but they suspected she must be up to something bad, just

i would think the cops would have more important things to worry about.

Yep, happened to me twice. I'm no longer wearing a black beanie, black jacket, and black pants, and black glasses with a beard all at once.

that's a shame. see i wouldn't know why that is suspicious

the dangerous people often do not look dangerous. the REAL drug dealers (here anyway) are 70 year old ladies selling their roxys and xanies. not the guy with a gram of weed in his pocket.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:16:12 AM »

Well, accepting the fact that even innocent WEEBLES can wobble in the streets after midnight is a bit much to ask from the police.

Look at the difference in size:  :cbc: :police:  You are just too intimidating. Especially when it is dark outside.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 05:38:36 AM »

Well, accepting the fact that even innocent WEEBLES can wobble in the streets after midnight is a bit much to ask from the police.

Look at the difference in size:  :cbc: :police:  You are just too intimidating. Especially when it is dark outside.

:lol:   No wonder they were suspicious!  Poor little bitty police officers!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
It is the police being fuckwits again., They have a long history of fuckwit behaviour. Nightwalker by proxy is an accusation of being a prostitue and soliciting as far as i can see. You are in America, cops have the power. You can not do much
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »
Your lucky they didn't arrest you.  They do stuff like this then they wonder why people don't like them or want to cooperate.  I was raised to respect and listen to them but through dealings with them over the years I have lost just about all of it.  Sure their are a few that deserve it but they seem to be getting few and far between.  Check out this site for some eye opening stories http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/  .  And the on the spectrum card would be a good thing but many cops see it as a made up  excuse 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 07:53:20 AM »
Some cops have the "God died and left me in charge"* attitude. I fucking hate that.

*AKA big turd in a small bowl.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 08:56:47 AM »
The police here (the ones I come into contact with I mean) are all generally friendly and ok. I often worry (quite a lot) that I look suspicious or strange, but I've never had any shit off the police before. I actually feel safer when I see police around in certain areas, coz I know no one will try anything with me if they're within view. lol. I soemtimes kinda hope they WILL, just so I can get them done by the police :P (yeah, I'm an asshole)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 02:53:21 PM »
My husband used to get harassed by this cop all the time and one day he threatened to report him if he didn't stop. The officer never bothered him again. This cop was also stopping him for no reason and my husband got tired of it. He thinks it happened due to his weight. Maybe if you threaten to report them, they might leave you alone.

I was falsely arrested once when I was 17 because someone thought I took a video tape from his store without paying for it.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »
Can you prove that you weren't soliciting sex for money?  :GA: