Author Topic: so, whatever happened to eris ?  (Read 1902 times)

eris

Re: so, whatever happened to eris ?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 10:49:32 PM »
Holy fuck, I didn't expect you'd come back here, srsly, Welcome back Eris. :)

Hi professor :)

Hey eris. I have taken Prozac and Tegretol too. Be careful with the Tegretol, don't take too much of it.

I didn't know you had selective mutism as well. I got told I wasn't Asperger's too, but have never had selective mutism. It is something I don't understand very well.

I really hope your life is turning around now for the better and you get some stability back.

Hi ren :)

I take tegratol 2x a day 200 mg. At first, i didnt shit for a week. seriously ! but that went away and havent had any other side effects. the prozac is making me happy, it's a strange feeling im not sure how to take it.

The selective mutism is something that was much worse when I was a kid. But, when people scream at you to speak you sort of get over it a little. I still do it, but not noticeably. People just think I dont like them, they are usually right but I still dont want to talk to them. I like to look at people I like, and avoid completely, eye contact and speech, with people I dont like. If I HAVE to talk I will, but I really dont say much. I dont really speak that much to my friends either.

eris

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 10:51:05 PM »
Good to see you again.  :viking:

Thanks, pyraxis. Good to see you too :)

Glad you're back. I was worried about you, I was hoping your absence didn't have anything to do with the surgery you had. Good to hear you're doing better.

Hi EBM :) Naa, I'm fully recovered from the surgery. Nice to see you again

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 10:53:21 PM »
Welcome back, you crazy lady. :autism:

Sorry about your childhood days. Some people are too fucked up to be allowed to have children.

eris

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
hi calavera. your name always makes me think of max cavalera.

eh, it's ok. That was a long time ago.

Good news is im not as crazy as I thought i was :D and now I'm officially a spazz.  :squiddy:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 11:07:10 PM »
If it makes you happier, that's good. But it means I'm the only crazy one here now. :cbc:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:30 PM »

But it means I'm the only crazy one here now. :cbc:

:hahaha:

eris

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »
well being diagnosed makes me feel more, uh, complete. thats the only way i know how to describe it. I always "knew" but now everyone knows. And now i can get help at the local autism center. I feel ... relieved.

and the boy cant come over. he seems pretty pissed. they absolutely forbid him to see me, and he always has to tell them where he is. he isn't happy. neither am i. At least i got to hit that shit a few times, but srsly, im kinda sad. He was a nice boy. I still may see him again. I do kind of see their point of why he shouldn't see me, but at the same time think they don't know me and i would be good for him. Oh well.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 11:22:38 PM »
That makes four of us HFAers on here. :autism:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 11:31:56 PM »

My diagnosis was HFA as well... I thought Asperger's and HFA are similar if not the same?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »
Anymore they're the same. Just got to wait for the ignorant masses to catch up.  :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
My diagnosis was HFA as well... I thought Asperger's and HFA are similar if not the same?
That makes five! We will take over!

I guess it depends on the way the person is diagnosed. There have been lots of arguments on this.

E.g. when/where I was diagnosed, 5 or 6 criteria from the DSM IV-TR were needed to be met to get the diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome. I met 8 and a half and so got HFA. The psychologist also gave me an IQ test and interviewed my mum. Then I had to go and see a psychiatrist to have the diagnosis confirmed.

See, it is different for everyone. Eris would have gone through a different procedure to get the same diagnosis and I assume yours was different too.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 11:56:42 PM »
 Welcome back, dear.  Nothing can keep you down!  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

eris

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 12:02:58 AM »
Welcome back, dear.  Nothing can keep you down!  :hug:

hi cbc :D :D :D nothing can keep me down for too long, 'cept maybe silly boys
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:06:58 AM by eris »

eris

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 12:06:01 AM »
That makes five! We will take over!

I guess it depends on the way the person is diagnosed. There have been lots of arguments on this.

E.g. when/where I was diagnosed, 5 or 6 criteria from the DSM IV-TR were needed to be met to get the diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome. I met 8 and a half and so got HFA. The psychologist also gave me an IQ test and interviewed my mum. Then I had to go and see a psychiatrist to have the diagnosis confirmed.

See, it is different for everyone. Eris would have gone through a different procedure to get the same diagnosis and I assume yours was different too.

I was interviewed by a psychiatrist and about 4 other people I didnt know the titles of, and was given a lot of tests. like 'how would you react to this" sort of tests. I was also given an IQ test, found out it was 125. Not bad I guess. I dont know how much criteria i fell into or anything, but they said I had enough aspects to be HFA.

Scrapheap

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 12:36:42 AM »
Glad to see you back eris!!!  :hug:

It might do you some good to lay off the prettyboys for a while while you rebuild your life.

I know the temptation is there becuase you feel happy when you're with them, but i'd be inclined to take life one step at a time for a couple months.