Author Topic: What kind of bifocals do you recommend?  (Read 2600 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What kind of bifocals do you recommend?
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2011, 06:32:21 PM »
How big was it? I didn't find a news article but I did find a reference to an 1886 quake.
went to the local news site couldnt find a link.

it was one of the stories on the evening news, today. I believe it was around a 3. Second one recently.

no smirking, please. I know those are nothing compared to yours

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2011, 06:33:11 PM »
My right eye is the bad one.  I can read and watch TV with it, but like you I have difficulty tracking correctly. It's a pain but it's usable.

I wore patches several times, for the same reasons as you. I think the first was before my first surgery. I got my first glasses when I was 3, probably because while I knew how to read I couldn't focus on anything close to me.
My right eye is the bad one too.

My left eye is the weaker one.  Now I feel so left out.  :emosad:
Duh! It's inverse. I live on the left coast, you on the right coast.  :facepalm2:

I certainly do live on the right coast, and you live on the wrong coast!  :hahaha:
would say that the left coast is a dangerous place to be.....but then again, they had another earthquake in Charleston today

Again, a thread has turned to sex.  The earthquake today in Charleston was caused by a massive orgy.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »
My right eye is the bad one.  I can read and watch TV with it, but like you I have difficulty tracking correctly. It's a pain but it's usable.

I wore patches several times, for the same reasons as you. I think the first was before my first surgery. I got my first glasses when I was 3, probably because while I knew how to read I couldn't focus on anything close to me.

My left eye is the weaker one.  Now I feel so left out.  :emosad:
Duh! It's inverse. I live on the left coast, you on the right coast.  :facepalm2:

I certainly do live on the right coast, and you live on the wrong coast!  :hahaha:
would say that the left coast is a dangerous place to be.....but then again, they had another earthquake in Charleston today

Again, a thread has turned to sex.  The earthquake today in Charleston was caused by a massive orgy.
hmmm, I was wondering where everyone was today

shucks I miss out again

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2011, 07:43:54 PM »
My right eye is the bad one. I can read and watch TV with it, but like you I have difficulty tracking correctly. It's a pain but it's usable.

I remember the patches drove me nuts and I kept walking into things without meaning to. You could read at 3? That is awesome.
Do you know how or why this happened? Curious.

Don't worry, cbc, it is the left for me also but I am in the southern hemisphere. :green:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2011, 04:25:42 AM »
My right eye is the bad one. I can read and watch TV with it, but like you I have difficulty tracking correctly. It's a pain but it's usable.

I remember the patches drove me nuts and I kept walking into things without meaning to. You could read at 3? That is awesome.

I can't remember much about wearing the patches.  The glasses I remember more about--I kept breaking them in various ways without meaning to

Yeah, I learned to read at 3. Apparently I did it by studying neon signs on buildings while waiting in my parents' car. Probably the only kind of text I could see clearly before I got my first pair of glasses. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2011, 06:40:26 AM »
I know I could write both mine and my sister's names before I started school. My sister had a lot of trouble learning how to write her name and ended up having therapy for motor skills and stuff. I think with reading I learnt along with everyone else but once I got the knack of it I started reading adult books because that is what we had at home.

As for glasses, apparently they fell off while I was jumping on the trampoline and I jumped on them. I also dropped them down the toilet. :D
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2011, 09:04:47 AM »
On the subject of glasses who wears just reading glasses and what is your strategy with them?  I have tons of pairs scattered all over so they are always at hand.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »
On the subject of glasses who wears just reading glasses and what is your strategy with them?  I have tons of pairs scattered all over so they are always at hand.

That's THE strategy I fear.

Have you got them at different strengths for different occasions too? I've now got two strengths laying around. My Dad had three strengths. One batch for reading, mainly scattered around the kitchen and his office, other batch for the computer, scattered around in the office, and a batch for tinkering and gardening, mainly in the shed.

I hate it how I sometimes forget to take them off, and then I get totally annoyed at not seeing a thing.

Seriously pondering on progressive bifocals to replace this strategy.

Or I could follow my aunts example...... She had outfits, with matching bags, and matching readingglasses.  :autism:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
I have a couple different strengths but mainly due to some are older
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2011, 05:35:01 AM »
My reading glasses are too expensive to be made in sufficient numbers. My strategy is to know where they are. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2011, 05:53:47 AM »
My reading glasses are too expensive to be made in sufficient numbers. My strategy is to know where they are. :P

I have to be sure I don't misplace my regular glasses, as I have trouble finding them!  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2011, 05:55:11 AM »

I have to be sure I don't misplace my regular glasses, as I have trouble finding them!  :tard:

Misplace on your forehead? :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2011, 05:59:02 AM »

Not yet, that'll happen eventually.  I do tend to put them down absent-mindedly!  :prude:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2011, 06:00:47 AM »

Not yet, that'll happen eventually.  I do tend to put them down absent-mindedly!  :prude:

Luckily I can't do that. I would if I could.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »
Are your eyes different in + strength?

There are those who are lucky that can buy $10 pairs at the chemist and have them work just fine. I will not be one of those lucky ones. ;)
Tek'ma'tae