Author Topic: Spasticity 2.0  (Read 11158 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Spasticity 2.0
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2011, 06:00:59 AM »
I happily admit to quote mining because I back my shit up. As for the rest...desperate flailing fiction.

Quote mining is a dishonest argumentation technique where you take a persons words out of context to make them sound like they said something they didn't.

'Thanks for admitting to the dishonesty that you engage in.   :hahaha:

Quote mining here is simply answering each point, which Sir Les has done when so required.

On the contrary. I've made several posts replying to Les with several paragraphs. Does he reply to all (or even most) of my points? No, he picks out one or two lines out of context, then spends a dozen paragrapgs making straw-man and red-herring arguments and generally engaging in mis-direction.

It's why I don't bother replying to his posts anymore. There's no actual content to reply to.

For quite some time you have been saying he uses strawman and red herring arguments and whatnot, but you haven't actually shown where. Saying doesn't make it so. The same with your claiming that you're only parroting him.

Yet you keep replying.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2011, 12:13:01 PM »
....Yet you keep replying.

Nope. I've made my points and I don't feel like dragging this shit out. I don't want to participate in the bitchfest.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2011, 12:15:17 PM »
 :include:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:51:10 PM by parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #213 on: December 04, 2011, 12:25:03 PM »

Nope. I've made my points and I don't feel like dragging this shit out. I don't want to participate in the bitchfest.

You still have that strawman and red herring claims to back up, if you ask me.

Oh well.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #214 on: December 04, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »

Oh well.

No for 2 reasons. 1) that'd continue the bitchfest, and 2) Sir Les didn't back up any of his shit either.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #215 on: December 04, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »

Oh well.

And you still haven't told me what I've done to Pandora that was so terrible that you needed to attempt to whip the site into complete moral outrage.

Oh well.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2011, 12:51:42 AM »

Oh well.

No for 2 reasons. 1) that'd continue the bitchfest, and 2) Sir Les didn't back up any of his shit either.

Sure i did. You call this fillabuster and such. I call it making rather descriptive and extensive reasoning as to why I think what I think. You can't or don't want to see what I say, and that doesn't bother me at all.

Oh well.

And you still haven't told me what I've done to Pandora that was so terrible that you needed to attempt to whip the site into complete moral outrage.

Oh well.

"Complete moral outrage"? isn't that a bit much....either to expect that he was "completely outraged" rather than disagreed with you (much in the way you try to say I "shout" stuff)? All nuances as I say - you call them minor points. Neither was he trying to "whip" the forum into moral outrage. He was just stating his views publicly. Why constantly misrepresent things, and call it like it isn't?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:31:03 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2011, 01:05:12 AM »

Oh well.

Oh well.

I was happy to stop this, but seeing that you want to continue...

Yes I have. Both me and Sir Les, actually. If you don't understand our points, that is not my problem. As for "whipping the site into moral outrage" that's sort of cute. And a strawman, but I'm sure you knew it already.

Want to start up this whole mess again, Butterflies?

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:39 AM »
@Odeon. I wasnt aware that these were yours and Les' shared views. I was kinda just hoping for your view.

Not looking to start anything up. You appeared to try and whip up the site against me yo teach me some kind of lesson. You must think I done something terrible to Pandora. I still dont have a clue what Ive done, and Im just asking you to tell me, and to explain what was so bad that you appeared to try and hound a girl not even half your age from the site.

Im not looking for reams of text. Just telling me what Ive done will do. Im not even askng you to trail through weeks of posts to back anything up. Just tell me what Ive done, and why it merrited your actions.

This is a question for Odeon, so Im not really looking for Les' opinions here.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #219 on: December 05, 2011, 08:22:29 AM »
Protip: If you are simply looking for an explanation without starting anything up, "whip the site into complete moral outrage" is probably not the phrase you are looking for.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »
Oh good!  This is still going on.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #221 on: December 05, 2011, 10:32:24 AM »
No it's not. I have no intention of starting it up again.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #222 on: December 05, 2011, 01:15:55 PM »
Protip: If you are simply looking for an explanation without starting anything up, "whip the site into complete moral outrage" is probably not the phrase you are looking for.

OK fair enough.

I'm going to try and speak to you in good faith here.

I had respect for you, and I also liked you. You started attacking me for something that you believe I have done. Apart from using Pandora to get a reaction from TCO, who was also doing the same thing to me, I genuinely have no idea what I'm supposed to have done wrong.

I am not looking to start up an argument. I am just looking for an explaination. I don't expect us to agree on the moral issues, but I see no reason for us to disagree on the facts, which are on this board, and on FB for everyone to see.

You claim that you have already explained your POV, but you haven't done it very well.
Callaway, who I'm sure you have the utmost respect for, does not appear to have fully understood the accusations either. I gather she read the thread, and then made the comment that I hadn't went onto FB to attack Pandora, but after Pandora attacked Bod, all bets were off. Callaway appeared to believe that you were accusing me of attacking Pandora on FB. I have never attacked her on FB. I also got the impression that you were accusing me of attacking her on FB.

You appear to have suggested that you were so upset because Pandora was collateral damage.
By that logic, TCO was a willing combatant, but you then appeared to be attacking me for something I done to TCO.

In short. I do not have a clue what I really stand accused of. I have no idea if I am guilty or not.
You clearly believe I have done something really bad. Now that the drama is hopefully over, I am simply asking you to let me know what you believe I have done.

I am not looking for you to prove that I'm a bad person. I'm sure if you tried, you could pull out plenty of quotes of me doing bad things. We all know I can be bad.
I simply would like to know what I done to Pandora that justified your reaction.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2011, 03:47:19 PM »

OK fair enough.

I'm going to try and speak to you in good faith here.

I had respect for you, and I also liked you. You started attacking me for something that you believe I have done. Apart from using Pandora to get a reaction from TCO, who was also doing the same thing to me, I genuinely have no idea what I'm supposed to have done wrong.

I am not looking to start up an argument. I am just looking for an explaination. I don't expect us to agree on the moral issues, but I see no reason for us to disagree on the facts, which are on this board, and on FB for everyone to see.

You claim that you have already explained your POV, but you haven't done it very well.
Callaway, who I'm sure you have the utmost respect for, does not appear to have fully understood the accusations either. I gather she read the thread, and then made the comment that I hadn't went onto FB to attack Pandora, but after Pandora attacked Bod, all bets were off. Callaway appeared to believe that you were accusing me of attacking Pandora on FB. I have never attacked her on FB. I also got the impression that you were accusing me of attacking her on FB.

You appear to have suggested that you were so upset because Pandora was collateral damage.
By that logic, TCO was a willing combatant, but you then appeared to be attacking me for something I done to TCO.

In short. I do not have a clue what I really stand accused of. I have no idea if I am guilty or not.
You clearly believe I have done something really bad. Now that the drama is hopefully over, I am simply asking you to let me know what you believe I have done.

I am not looking for you to prove that I'm a bad person. I'm sure if you tried, you could pull out plenty of quotes of me doing bad things. We all know I can be bad.
I simply would like to know what I done to Pandora that justified your reaction.

Does this constitute an essay to you? Essays are what exactly?

Is Odeon "tryingto whip the site up against you" (as you agais try to imply) or is he just sharing his view publicly and disagreeing with your behaviour? You keep saying it so I am asking why are you saying it. Where too is this moral outrage?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:53:07 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2011, 04:02:12 PM »
@Les. No. Odeon is not currently doing anything.

That is why I felt it was a good idea to try and find out, in a civil manner what Odeon felt that I done to Pandora that merrited his response.
Im not looking to argue with him. I just want him to help me understand what I done.

Im sure you would be able to tell me why you have an issue with me, but for now at least, Im only looking for Odeon to answer the question.