Educational

Author Topic: Spasticity 2.0  (Read 11218 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: Spasticity 2.0
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »
This drama needs a theme song.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »
 :lol:

Excellent choice

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2011, 07:50:12 PM »
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2011, 09:01:14 PM »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2011, 09:15:17 PM »

Desperation is a stinky cologne Scrap.

Wondered if anyone would get the reference :)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Scrapheap

« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
Scrap misrepresents what I said. Adam agrees and Scrap Agrees with Adam’s agreement of something that he misrepresented.  Party lines are backed.

Fucking priceless.

THIS is fucking priceless.

Coming from the King of Straw-man arguments, quote-mining, misrepresentations and other red herrings.

:LMAO:

I notice that you don't actually argue, you attempt to discredit him using insults.

But you failed to notice that Sir Les was the one who started trying to discredit me with insults.

Selective vision??

Scrapheap

« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2011, 09:47:05 PM »
I happily admit to quote mining because I back my shit up. As for the rest...desperate flailing fiction.

Quote mining is a dishonest argumentation technique where you take a persons words out of context to make them sound like they said something they didn't.

'Thanks for admitting to the dishonesty that you engage in.   :hahaha:

Quote mining here is simply answering each point, which Sir Les has done when so required.

On the contrary. I've made several posts replying to Les with several paragraphs. Does he reply to all (or even most) of my points? No, he picks out one or two lines out of context, then spends a dozen paragrapgs making straw-man and red-herring arguments and generally engaging in mis-direction.

It's why I don't bother replying to his posts anymore. There's no actual content to reply to.

Scrapheap

« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »

Desperation is a stinky cologne Scrap.

Wondered if anyone would get the reference :)

I got the reference and I also got the fact you were just projecting.

Keep up the good work Les.  :thumbup:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2011, 10:02:26 PM »
I have to admit, when I argue with Les, he has a habit of just picking up on minor small point, that often has nothing to do with the issue, and just shouts prove it over and over again.

I can't help feeling he would be a total grammer nazi, if he had a better grasp of proper grammer.

Scrapheap

« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2011, 10:15:36 PM »
I have to admit, when I argue with Les, he has a habit of just picking up on minor small point, that often has nothing to do with the issue, and just shouts prove it over and over again.

I can't help feeling he would be a total grammer nazi, if he had a better grasp of proper grammer.

:agreed:

Misdirecting arguments seems to be his main tactic.

EDIT: Oooooooohh Nooooooooeeess!!! I just joined your clique!   :GA:  :GA:  :GA:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:17:13 PM by Grease Monkey »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2011, 11:31:56 PM »

Yup my spelling sucks and so does my grammar.

You did mean "grammar" didn't you, not "grammer"?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/grammar

Probably best neither of us get into discussing each other's grammar, spelling, syntax or posting styles. It would only expose and embarass us both in how terrible we are in this regard, and kind of looks like thrashing around flinging mud unnecessarily.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2011, 11:57:04 PM »
I happily admit to quote mining because I back my shit up. As for the rest...desperate flailing fiction.

Quote mining is a dishonest argumentation technique where you take a persons words out of context to make them sound like they said something they didn't.

Ah that is what it meant. I am not an authority on this. I thought you were inferring mining previous posts and referencing them to make a reply.
You were talking about using the quotes out of context to make it seem that you were saying something you were not and furthermore that this was dishonest. In that case I don’t do this but I think I know someone who does (or at least has).
I have been sleeping with my girlfriend for the last 3 months and things are cool. But now all of a sudden I have a vague suspicion that she has a penis.

Is this happening to you often?

Is what happening to “me” often
So it makes as much sense as you saying"I have been sleeping with my girlfriend for the last 3 months and things are cool. But now all of a sudden I have a vague suspicion that she has a penis"

If so, then I suggest reconsidering which drinking establishments you choose to frequent.
*Protip. Always check for the Adams Apple. If it's got the apple, you don't wanna grapple.
I suggest that your suggestion is either a case of inability to comprehend, or an inability to read.

Surely it is not another case of you rattling off meaningless misrepresented fiction again?

But hey from your encyclopedic knowledge of all things sexual and vast experience in such matters, please keep the sexual protips coming (pun, get it?…of course you do)

That definition you gave about what quote-mining is seemed to be what Butterflies was doing.
Maybe you and she need to talk about the merits of such a practice and how dishonest it is?
In the meantime perhaps keeping it real could make an interesting change, the alternative is getting you nowhere fast.

You're clearly projecting what you want to be true onto this.

If you consider me to be in a clique , cool , I know I'm not and have not acted in the way you've described so I'm not particularly bothered.

and this is the last post I'm making on the subject.

No I do not think you would be bothered. I was mainly trying to find out where exactly I had said Bint was conspired against to be backstabbed

Since the moment we all conspired to stab Bint in the back apparently.  :lol:
and why you would say this and further why you would tell Callaway

I find it funny Sir Les chose to word it like that , but meh if that's his opinion so be it.

Being that I did not (and when asked what I meant I answered) and when asked to return the favour you tell me it is the last you are going to say on the matter (without actually addressing it at all), it kinda says that you really had no cause to say it in the first place. Right? Sorry, you are not answering any further questions.

Yes none of this shit is true and nor do you believe it but it is said anyhow.
ZOMG!!! Sir Les is a telepath who can read our mindzz Ooooh Noooeeess!!!  :GA:
Nope. Common sense. I know such insight may astound you though Scrap.

This is Sir Les' definition of "backing his shit up".  :hahaha:

This was supposed to be backed up?   :tard:

OK I will prove I am not a telepath. Pick a number between 1 and 100. Answer “69”

Oh fuck….maybe I am.  :GA:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2011, 12:17:22 AM »

Quote mining here is simply answering each point, which Sir Les has done when so required.

On the contrary. I've made several posts replying to Les with several paragraphs. Does he reply to all (or even most) of my points? No, he picks out one or two lines out of context, then spends a dozen paragrapgs making straw-man and red-herring arguments and generally engaging in mis-direction.

It's why I don't bother replying to his posts anymore. There's no actual content to reply to.

But you do reply Scrap. For all the talk of Les's monologues, I am replying to what you say.
For all your implying that I am being underhanded in my reponses, i am being pretty explicit as to my opinions. Agreed upon or not I am putting them out there rather blatantly.
Perhaps if your arguments suffer so badly from examination, you need to make better arguments or stop replying. Perhaps you simply are better off not whinging when I do reply and call out your bullshit. I really don't care much either way. I like seeing your efforts to try to parrot me in that other thread. It was embarassingly funny.

You are good at nuances, Butterflies.
Something insinuated subtlely. You are very good at it.
These "minor points" when not addressed have a nasty habit to give rise to an acceptance of an idea not expressed explicitly but implicitly. It is a sneaky way of saying without saying and implying without commiting to an idea. I am reasonable good at picking up on such nuances. I will always address and bring them out in the open.
Better that way. Instead of something being loaded with many such meanings or contexts we get to see exactly what you did or did not mean.
I do not consider it a fault in the slightest to pick up on these minor points.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2011, 12:23:31 AM »
    “Hey there you young whipper snapper! Did I ever tell you the story of my first ramble? I remember my first ramble. It was back in the summer of sixty-four, or sunny-year-mas as we called summer at the time. Anyway, I was rambling about my hat to Neil Armstrong, who said he had been on the moon but I knew it was fake and they made simulated-y it inna lab or Hollywood somewhere. I was once in a lab/Hollywood. There was this family trip... Oh, anyway, back to the subject -have I ever told you about the many ways people pronounce '/' while talking? Oddly, those people who record them, as in quotes, see, always transcribe- err... write, them '/', even if they're bizzarely not similar, like / or / or / or... I knew another sentence I made that went like that, being "punctuation or punctuation or..." once. Funny how it happened. It was just like this, see...”
    ~ Rambling Old Man on Rambling

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pointless_Rambling

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2011, 12:50:11 AM »
    “Hey there you young whipper snapper! Did I ever tell you the story of my first ramble? I remember my first ramble. It was back in the summer of sixty-four, or sunny-year-mas as we called summer at the time. Anyway, I was rambling about my hat to Neil Armstrong, who said he had been on the moon but I knew it was fake and they made simulated-y it inna lab or Hollywood somewhere. I was once in a lab/Hollywood. There was this family trip... Oh, anyway, back to the subject -have I ever told you about the many ways people pronounce '/' while talking? Oddly, those people who record them, as in quotes, see, always transcribe- err... write, them '/', even if they're bizzarely not similar, like / or / or / or... I knew another sentence I made that went like that, being "punctuation or punctuation or..." once. Funny how it happened. It was just like this, see...”
    ~ Rambling Old Man on Rambling

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pointless_Rambling

Weak, Adam. Grampa Simpson does it so much better

"In 1957 I saw him turn turn the Secretary of Agriculture into the Secretary of the Interior. It was hell on their wives, but it sure brought down corn prices. Built a house out of corn. It was the worst home I ever owed? when it got really hot it smelled like Frito's."
Read more: http://www.tvfanatic.com/quotes/characters/grandpa-simpson/#ixzz1fS2GRS3J

"Grampa: One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere, like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.."
Read more: http://www.tvfanatic.com/quotes/characters/grandpa-simpson/page-8.html#ixzz1fS4cqElR