Author Topic: Who can we chase off next?  (Read 3750 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Who can we chase off next?
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »
Looks like the "blue one" is next up for the meat grinder. :orly:

Do you have something constructive to add, Duke?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2011, 04:05:33 AM »

And this is important. How can we avoid this shit from happening?
dish these out
blah blah blah

Osensitive1

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2011, 05:16:50 AM »
2.  The involvement of personal information and/or IRL consequences over internet drama. What is really alarming to me is that no one gives a shit about it if it happens to someone who is unpopular.

This.

Worries me a lot right now.
Why didn't it worry anyone when Hubert did it Preator? Is it because he's unpopular, like EBM said?

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 05:23:30 AM »
2.  The involvement of personal information and/or IRL consequences over internet drama. What is really alarming to me is that no one gives a shit about it if it happens to someone who is unpopular.

This.

Worries me a lot right now.
Why didn't it worry anyone when Hubert did it Preator? Is it because he's unpopular, like EBM said?

Hubert kinda had no choice in the matter IMO. It was either get dox on him or let him continue to stalk and harrass other girls online. RL consequences would have come eventually anyway. I don't think Praetor can be used as case study because he was genuinely doing a bad thing that needed to be stopped.

Osensitive1

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 05:39:00 AM »
So what preator and TM were doing made their lesson more deserved, but maybe not so much with people like steve, parakeet, and eris? Don't know the whole story with praetor, but hubert didn't 'get' anything but rather used the information he already has, and he admits to having a lot. All of the cases are similar but different. Praetor didn't do anything here, but was chased from this site, so my question for odeon still stands.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 06:06:49 AM »
So what preator and TM were doing made their lesson more deserved, but maybe not so much with people like steve, parakeet, and eris? Don't know the whole story with praetor, but hubert didn't 'get' anything but rather used the information he already has, and he admits to having a lot. All of the cases are similar but different. Praetor didn't do anything here, but was chased from this site, so my question for odeon still stands.

I don't think TM should've had his RL interfered with. Responding to his immoral behavior with immoral behavior was not the best thing to do. I say that now that I thoroughly know what happened.

The stuff against TM, TCO, Keet and Eris was out of ill intent. The stuff against Praetor was for the greater good. He had picked out another girl to harrass (Lilya from WP I believe) just before Hubert gave him the "ultimatum".

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »
OMG and i thought i was the last one to see the latest drama....but scrap is behind me!

I am still a bit confused though.  Trying not to jump to any conclusions.

With a pose like that, in your avatar, I don't see Scrap going anywhere else than behind you.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Psychophant

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 08:50:26 AM »
OMG and i thought i was the last one to see the latest drama....but scrap is behind me!

With a pose like that, in your avatar, I don't see Scrap going anywhere else than behind you.

I can hear Scrap getting excited all the way out here!   ;)

Scrapheap

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »

I can hear Scrap getting excited all the way out here!   ;)

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!!!  :M   :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 01:14:59 PM »

I don't think TM should've had his RL interfered with. Responding to his immoral behavior with immoral behavior was not the best thing to do. I say that now that I thoroughly know what happened.

I don't agree with this here. I think TM was a predator of sorts in that he was fist gathering up public support in order to financially gain in much the same way that Plank has done.

Granted, this isn't as bad as stalking women on the net in order to stalk them IRL, but it's still predatory behavior. He's just looking to pick peoples wallets.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2011, 02:03:12 PM »

The difference, I think, is the element of a real-life threat (real or perceived). That other kind of bickering, flaming, etc, is par for the course here. MLA wanted Prateor to back up his shit. Not sure if that happened or if Praetor just left or was chased away, but I'm pretty sure a threat was never a factor.

To clarify my earlier posts: what I am worried about is when, for some reason, online stuff takes precedence over real-life stuff and it somehow becomes justified for some to harass a member in real life (or make a threat to that effect). I don't have a problem with the quarrels that stay online; i might disagree with them, sometimes strongly, and say so, but it's not the same as hunting down someone in real life because of some perceived butthurt.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 04:32:06 PM »
My bum is on here in response to being told it was better than my face >:D

Regarding real life threats  -  i think nutters lurk everywhere!  on buses,  in chip shops,  in forums!

I guess it is easy to become friendly with someone online and give out personal info, or even meet up with them.  It happens a lot.  There is always a chance that they aren't genuine.

It is also easy enough to get chatted up in a bar and do exactly the same.  It happens a lot too.

Nutters are everywhere. 

The only thing to do is not give any real info out anywhere online.  People always will, though.
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
My bum is on here in response to being told it was better than my face >:D

Regarding real life threats  -  i think nutters lurk everywhere!  on buses,  in chip shops,  in forums!

I guess it is easy to become friendly with someone online and give out personal info, or even meet up with them.  It happens a lot.  There is always a chance that they aren't genuine.

It is also easy enough to get chatted up in a bar and do exactly the same.  It happens a lot too.

Nutters are everywhere. 

The only thing to do is not give any real info out anywhere online.  People always will, though.
:agreed:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »
Oh, just to clear that up, the agreed is not about the first sentence of your post.

I like your face a lot too.  :-*

Psychophant

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »
The eyes have it!   :lol: