Author Topic: vast landscapes  (Read 434 times)

eris

vast landscapes
« on: October 17, 2011, 05:52:31 AM »
This isn't a "what did you dream thread, it is a "where did you dream thread"  :indeed:

I always dream about the same places, and they are places that do not exist. I should draw a map someday.

The city. This is where most of my dreams take place. Me running the streets of the city.  There are specific buildings, specific areas. Theses are not based on any real buildings or areas. There is a posh area, full of slick architecture - usually my dreams of going to fancy schools take place here. There is the Wall street area, full of businessmen - this is where the subway is and I often dream about that. Then there is a creative area, full of shops. I often dream about shoplifting from these areas, or digging through weird shops that sell magical, rare, and secret things.  Many times I had a dream where in the magical shop I found 2 mirrors. If you take the mirrors and shine them together you can raise demons   >:D but they disappear as soon as you don't shine the mirrors together anymore. There is also a "dangerous" section of the city - the outskirts. There are no shops, just houses, and there are dangerous people everywhere. The goal is to stay away from the people, it doesn't matter if they get close they cant hurt me unless they get right up on me. And there is one area in particular that is really bad. It's pitch black, so I have no idea what it even looks like. Apparently homeless people with guns live there :S

I ALWAYS walk great distances, every night.  When I walk outside of the city it becomes the suburbs, and it is very mountainous. This is the area where I have the hitchhiking dreams. Sometimes I start walking though peoples yards because the streets are impassable, but then the yards get impassible, with extreme ravines and mountainsides with brush taller than me. I dont know how many times I've dreamed that I was climbing a mountainside just to get to the top and see hundreds of miles of impassable wasteland that I must walk through. But I do my best, even if I have to slide down the hill. Sometimes there are fields of purple flowers. Always purple. Sometimes there are bees.

There is also an amusement park I often dream of, and a large shopping mall. In both of these places, I always get lost, lose track of time, and generally do not have a good time.

The countryside. This is the exciting part ! Also the scary-as-fuck part.

If you travel a certain amount of distance from the city, the brush and thick growth disappear and turns into a very very beautiful oasis full of meadows and fields and there is a small river where the water is so pretty it looks like it is champagne. Good place ? NO WAY. You see, there are wild animals everywhere, especially by the river. The animals change. They are usually wolves, or leopards though. And it is just like the homeless people, you just need to stay at least 30 feet away from them and you will be ok. If you get closer than that you are dead meat.

Last night I dreamed I was in the country, and there were large coyotes everywhere. I sat in a shack that was raised up off the ground, and just watched the animals roam, terrified. There was one animal trapped on my porch behind some posts. I sat there watching it snarl. Wonderful dream, huh.

I often repeat dreams but many times there are different scenarios to each of my dreams...but it ALWAYS takes place in these areas. The only exception is if I am having a dream where I travel to another country, and it is also the same place, except I cant understand the language.

What does all this mean ?

Do you all dream of the same places like this ? Are they real places ?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:04:37 AM by eris »

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
Re: vast landscapes
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
i verry rarely remember my dreams.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Binty

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:05:28 PM »
My mind went through a phase of conjuring dystopian school settings, for some reason.  They were usually really surrealistic too. 

One time I was in an abandoned garden that opened up onto a an old, tall room that had coloured breezes ('tis the best thing I can come up to describe them) of energy floating around and making shapes. 

My dreams used to be wonderful.  Now I hardly ever dream  :(

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 02:14:38 PM »
Most of the places in my dreams are places I have been although changed with elements of different places rolled into one.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 02:40:19 PM »
Yeah like parts said.   The places in my dreams seem to be mixed up.

Or rather messed up.

It is not so much the place that stands out for me, but more the people
and what they are doing in relation to me.

Dreams are wierd.
blah blah blah

midlifeaspie

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 04:05:04 PM »
I have been dreaming far too often of this place.  Sometimes I am reading and posting, and sometimes I am hanging out with stereotyped caricatures of the members.

Osensitive1

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 07:16:56 PM »

This isn't a "what did you dream thread, it is a "where did you dream thread"  :indeed:

I always dream about the same places, and they are places that do not exist. I should draw a map someday.

The city. This is where most of my dreams take place. Me running the streets of the city.  There are specific buildings, specific areas. Theses are not based on any real buildings or areas. There is a posh area, full of slick architecture - usually my dreams of going to fancy schools take place here. There is the Wall street area, full of businessmen - this is where the subway is and I often dream about that. Then there is a creative area, full of shops. I often dream about shoplifting from these areas, or digging through weird shops that sell magical, rare, and secret things.  Many times I had a dream where in the magical shop I found 2 mirrors. If you take the mirrors and shine them together you can raise demons   >:D but they disappear as soon as you don't shine the mirrors together anymore. There is also a "dangerous" section of the city - the outskirts. There are no shops, just houses, and there are dangerous people everywhere. The goal is to stay away from the people, it doesn't matter if they get close they cant hurt me unless they get right up on me. And there is one area in particular that is really bad. It's pitch black, so I have no idea what it even looks like. Apparently homeless people with guns live there :S

I ALWAYS walk great distances, every night.  When I walk outside of the city it becomes the suburbs, and it is very mountainous. This is the area where I have the hitchhiking dreams. Sometimes I start walking though peoples yards because the streets are impassable, but then the yards get impassible, with extreme ravines and mountainsides with brush taller than me. I dont know how many times I've dreamed that I was climbing a mountainside just to get to the top and see hundreds of miles of impassable wasteland that I must walk through. But I do my best, even if I have to slide down the hill. Sometimes there are fields of purple flowers. Always purple. Sometimes there are bees.

There is also an amusement park I often dream of, and a large shopping mall. In both of these places, I always get lost, lose track of time, and generally do not have a good time.

The countryside. This is the exciting part ! Also the scary-as-fuck part.

If you travel a certain amount of distance from the city, the brush and thick growth disappear and turns into a very very beautiful oasis full of meadows and fields and there is a small river where the water is so pretty it looks like it is champagne. Good place ? NO WAY. You see, there are wild animals everywhere, especially by the river. The animals change. They are usually wolves, or leopards though. And it is just like the homeless people, you just need to stay at least 30 feet away from them and you will be ok. If you get closer than that you are dead meat.

Last night I dreamed I was in the country, and there were large coyotes everywhere. I sat in a shack that was raised up off the ground, and just watched the animals roam, terrified. There was one animal trapped on my porch behind some posts. I sat there watching it snarl. Wonderful dream, huh.

I often repeat dreams but many times there are different scenarios to each of my dreams...but it ALWAYS takes place in these areas. The only exception is if I am having a dream where I travel to another country, and it is also the same place, except I cant understand the language.

What does all this mean ?

Do you all dream of the same places like this ? Are they real places ?

You have awesome dreams. Do the people or animals ever get you?

eris

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 07:24:29 PM »

You have awesome dreams. Do the people or animals ever get you?

rarely. i've never been mauled by the animals, but I have been spotted and chased. It's usually me realizing I am near the river and have an "oh shit" moment and start running. Do you remember the ghosts in super mario , how if you all you had to do was look at them and they would stop ? This is almost the exact opposite of that. They don't really notice you unless you notice them, but it is almost impossible not to. The people sometimes get me, but don't hurt me. Sometimes they want me to help them commit crimes, sometimes they try to rob me. Like with the animals most of the time I realize I am in the bad areas and start running.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 03:38:26 PM »
My dreams of waters and swamps are in very similar settings mostly. Can't map it though. Complicated how the waters make a system.

Only had one really dangerous spot in my dreams and that one has been there for decades. Never had it again somewhere after 20. A canal, and, since being a kindergarten girl, I drove in a car I had got running, aside the canal. Feet too short to get to the brake, or anything else. Only control I had was steering. Then, there came a wall at the right side of the road, the canal was on the left side. After a while, a huge evil giant appeared on the road, blocking it completely. No control but steering, but, where ever I steered, I was doomed. Chose the canal all the times, no matter how scared I was of water, when being in a confined space like a car.  Knowing it was the only option that gave me a slight chance. The real escape was waking.

I do dream of buildings, but, the buildings are always different. They are buildings in an ancient city, and, though there can be very modern parts in the building, there always is really old architecture too. Weird corridors, hidden rooms, buildings that need exploring.

Only very seldom I can go from one building to another, only very seldom I see the city the buildings are in. But, when I do see that, I also see where the water is in the city.
When all comes together, I am completely at ease, and, I know the way like the back of my hand. But there is no way I can draw a map. I have snapshots, not more than that.

The only real danger in intricate buildings, and in the water, is me getting lost, confused, panicking.

Somehow these dreams have to do with clarity of mind for me.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 04:08:50 PM »
This.

As I understand it, that's a good thing.  It means you aren't being awoken during REM sleep.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
This.

As I understand it, that's a good thing.  It means you aren't being awoken during REM sleep.

I used to set my alarm to wake he up so I could remember them better
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Osensitive1

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »
This.

Then very good indeed, as I rarely get normal amount of sleep.

eris

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »
Hyke, you have awesome dreams too. And I also dream of strange houses but mine are usually not very nice houses, and do not have utilities and may have been condemned or destroyed. Sometimes the floor is dirt :S

I remember some dreams from almost every night, with astonishing detail. Some colors stand out more than others and so do some dreams.

eris

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 05:59:45 PM »
dream house

and i dream about more water than just that river. Some times there are lakes, sometimes good water, sometimes bad, with strange creatures.