Author Topic: The Birth of Baby X  (Read 914 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: The Birth of Baby X
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 06:26:49 PM »
I say if you're going to have a culture of worshiping (not just love, which is beneficial, but worship, which is demeaning) children, then please don't act so fucking surprised when some assholes want to take it "too far". That's all. :tard:

Are you upset that nobody tried to take it "too far" when you were a kid?   :lovelove:

That's irrelevant, since nobody even "tried" period when I was a kid.

Pretty hilarious response, though.

Most of your opinions seem to be formed from a want to put down others happiness because you lack it yourself or because they have something you don't.

I might do a lot of bitter projection. But one thing is for sure: Children are fucking annoying. And just like cigarettes, should be banned from stores and restaurants.

If children were banned from stores and restaurants, how would they ever learn how to behave in stores or restaurants?  How would they learn to order their own food in restaurants and how to shop for clothes and groceries?

I told my daughter your thoughts on this issue without identifying who you are and she said that banning children from stores and restaurants is just wrong.  She said that the US broke away from England so we could could be a free country with equal rights for everyone.

Uh... the UK doesn't exactly support the banning of children from stores and restaurants either.  ???

I know you don't, but when we visited the UK a few years ago, there were some restaurants in England and Scotland that she was not allowed to go into because she was either under 16 or under 18 and she was very disappointed by this because some of these restaurants had macaroni and cheese on the menu, which is her favorite.  Her opinion of the UK and whether they allow children in some restaurants is based on that.

Ahhh ok , I see the link there.  :laugh:

By the way, I won't be here for a while because my daughter and I are about to go shop for some groceries.

She wants me to add that people who insult children are actually insulting themselves since they used to be children themselves not that long ago.

She's correct.  :thumbup:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Osensitive1

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »
X is a horrible name for a baby.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 06:29:23 PM »
At least the poor child isn't called "Baby P"  :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Psychophant

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 07:12:27 PM »
I say if you're going to have a culture of worshiping (not just love, which is beneficial, but worship, which is demeaning) children, then please don't act so fucking surprised when some assholes want to take it "too far". That's all. :tard:

Are you upset that nobody tried to take it "too far" when you were a kid?   :lovelove:

That's irrelevant, since nobody even "tried" period when I was a kid.

Pretty hilarious response, though.

Most of your opinions seem to be formed from a want to put down others happiness because you lack it yourself or because they have something you don't.

I might do a lot of bitter projection. But one thing is for sure: Children are fucking annoying. And just like cigarettes, should be banned from stores and restaurants.

If children were banned from stores and restaurants, how would they ever learn how to behave in stores or restaurants?  How would they learn to order their own food in restaurants and how to shop for clothes and groceries?

I told my daughter your thoughts on this issue without identifying who you are and she said that banning children from stores and restaurants is just wrong.  She said that the US broke away from England so we could could be a free country with equal rights for everyone.

Uh... the UK doesn't exactly support the banning of children from stores and restaurants either.  ???

I know you don't, but when we visited the UK a few years ago, there were some restaurants in England and Scotland that she was not allowed to go into because she was either under 16 or under 18 and she was very disappointed by this because some of these restaurants had macaroni and cheese on the menu, which is her favorite.  Her opinion of the UK and whether they allow children in some restaurants is based on that.

Ahhh ok , I see the link there.  :laugh:

By the way, I won't be here for a while because my daughter and I are about to go shop for some groceries.

She wants me to add that people who insult children are actually insulting themselves since they used to be children themselves not that long ago.

She's correct.  :thumbup:

:agreed:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »

Some of us mere moments ago.  Some of us still are.

Psychophant

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »
I like and enjoy being childish once in a while.  It's one of the things my girlfriend enjoys about me.  And she also is learning to be that way.  I am her teacher in that regard.   :zoinks:

eris

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2011, 07:55:52 PM »
X is a horrible name for a baby.

In The Grapes of Wrath there was a mention of a character named X. His mother was illiterate and signed the birth certificate and gave him up for adoption. He was never adopted and lived his life as X. :/

i remember in the 70s or 80s there was "baby x", a baby that was raised with the gender concealed. That was highly criticized, so I don't think anyone would do that again.

X is a weird name, but so is Tallulah. If I had a girl I would name her Tallulah.

Osensitive1

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »
i remember in the 70s or 80s there was "baby x", a baby that was raised with the gender concealed. That was highly criticized, so I don't think anyone would do that again.
There was a discussion here not long ago about someone in the news doing or planning to do something similar.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 04:09:48 AM »
  Ah yes Baby P,  that was tragic.

For the benefit of those not in UK -  Baby P couldn't be named for
legal reasons.  He was a little boy that was abused.  He was abused
so badly he died before social services took him into care.  The case
was big news.  A lot of critisism directed at social services and those
agencies that are supposed to protect vulnerable children.  Heads Rolled.

blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 04:20:08 AM »
@ Callaway

I wonder where you went in the UK?   Must have just been unlucky.

It is my understanding that most establishments serving alcohol only
refuse to let minors in.   Establishments serving alcohol and food usually
allow under 18's.

Please tell your daughter how sorry i am she missed out on Macaroni
Cheese and if you ever come this way again i will personally recommend
to you somewhere more accommodating.

blah blah blah

Psychophant

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this event.  It disturbs me in one way, birthing is an intense, messy and painful thing, as well as joyous.   But, to make "art" out of it.....well..... :dunno:  It is her right to do as she pleases and if her husband is on board with it...that's their choice.  I just wonder how they are going to explain this to the child as he/she matures.    Then again, there will be lots of pictures to choose from for the album!   :santa:

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »
  Ah yes Baby P,  that was tragic.

For the benefit of those not in UK -  Baby P couldn't be named for
legal reasons.  He was a little boy that was abused.  He was abused
so badly he died before social services took him into care.  The case
was big news.  A lot of critisism directed at social services and those
agencies that are supposed to protect vulnerable children.  Heads Rolled.

Oops forgot about that , apologies if I sounded a tad insensitive , I was making a play on words "Baby P - Baby Pee".

But yes , that was a horrible horrible thing.  :(

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »
@ Callaway

I wonder where you went in the UK?   Must have just been unlucky.

It is my understanding that most establishments serving alcohol only
refuse to let minors in.   Establishments serving alcohol and food usually
allow under 18's.

Please tell your daughter how sorry i am she missed out on Macaroni
Cheese and if you ever come this way again i will personally recommend
to you somewhere more accommodating.

We spent time in London, Edinburgh, and near Oxford University, but we also drove to see Stonehenge and Bath.  I think that the restaurants were in London and Edinburgh, though.

These were restaurants serving both alcohol and food, because they had their menus posted outside and there's no way we would have wanted to go in unless these restaurants had macaroni and cheese on their menus because that seemed to be all she wanted to eat at the time.  She wasn't acting naughty or anything, so it couldn't have been that, but as soon as we walked in the door, someone came up to us and said that she couldn't be there because she was too young.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2011, 03:24:33 PM »
I am sorry that happened to you and your family Callaway.  I really can offer
no explanation and am baffled myself.  Usually folks here fall over themselves
for American tourists as there is this belief that all Americans are rich :zoinks:

If you ever visit again a good place to stay is Stratford.  Shakespeare's old
haunt.  It is a lovely place with many places to eat that welcome children.
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »
I am sorry that happened to you and your family Callaway.  I really can offer
no explanation and am baffled myself.  Usually folks here fall over themselves
for American tourists as there is this belief that all Americans are rich :zoinks:

If you ever visit again a good place to stay is Stratford.  Shakespeare's old
haunt.  It is a lovely place with many places to eat that welcome children.

Thanks, Bodaccea.  We must stay there next time we visit.  Many people were very kind to us, though.

The hotel in the middle of London where we stayed in for Christmas upgraded us to a "family suite," a lady not only let me ride with my daughter on a carousel when I explained to her that she had special needs, she wouldn't even take our money, not even for my daughter's ticket, and a lady at a shoe store near Kew Gardens where we bought sheepskin snow boots for our daughter not only suggested a great place nearby for fish and chips, she also ran there to give us our change from the purchase when we forgot it.  We visited Edinburgh Castle and bought our daughter a replica crown for a souvenir, but it was very awkward to pack into a suitcase, so we let our daughter wear it on the airplane.  A flight attendant with a lovely sense of humor curtseyed to our daughter and said, "I didn't realize that we had the Queen on board," which delighted our daughter.

:D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:00:23 PM by Callaway »