Author Topic: Steve Jobs has died.  (Read 1227 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Steve Jobs has died.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 08:28:09 AM »
I really don't give a fuck about what he was as a person. Tell me anyone died of cancer and I am gonna say it is sad. Why? Because cancer is a fucking horrid disease. I do not "value" his life or death as much as anyone else,s but I have seen how cancer fucks with people, and it is not the type of thing to wish on an enemy. To have it hit anyone is terrible.
Not crying over it or gonna have a day of mourning but I sure as hell won't say "Fuck you Steve jobs you deserved that horrible, wasting, debilitating disease. Serves you right because of your efforts with your fucking job."
If anyone can not see this, I sure as hell won't bother explaining it.

QFT
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 08:30:37 AM »
I said earlier that I kind of felt bad. But now, I think I have to agree with Rage.

I will quote someone from another forum.

Quote from: acosn

The man was a fool with absolutely no aptitude for how technology works (he looked at the insides of one of the older apple computers and declared that it looked hideous) and nearly sank apple.

A decade later technology had reached a point where those sorts of things didn't matter, and he made a successful marketing campaign off lying to customers repeatedly till they started believing it, selling old technology at a premium, and then purposely designing it to fail, critically, early so that he could bullshit people further about how his laptops run quietly. And I'm not even mentioning the sheer impossibility of upgrading your hardware.

When we live in a world where there's virtually no such thing as a machine that runs silently I don't see why computers should be any different, especially when a laptop on average lasts two years as-is.

In terms of being an absolute business man he's brilliant, but he's absolutely disgusting as a human being. I didn't like him when he was alive, and I won't miss him now that he's 6 feet under.

Well said. This is why Steve Jobs doesn't deserve your empathy, folks.

You sir, are a dickhead

midlifeaspie

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 08:31:47 AM »
I really don't give a fuck about what he was as a person. Tell me anyone died of cancer and I am gonna say it is sad. Why? Because cancer is a fucking horrid disease. I do not "value" his life or death as much as anyone else,s but I have seen how cancer fucks with people, and it is not the type of thing to wish on an enemy. To have it hit anyone is terrible.
Not crying over it or gonna have a day of mourning but I sure as hell won't say "Fuck you Steve jobs you deserved that horrible, wasting, debilitating disease. Serves you right because of your efforts with your fucking job."

QFT

X2

When I read crap like what Penty and Rage are posting I can only assume that they are jealous of his success and unhappy with their own lives.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 08:35:40 AM »
I said earlier that I kind of felt bad. But now, I think I have to agree with Rage.

I will quote someone from another forum.

Quote from: acosn

The man was a fool with absolutely no aptitude for how technology works (he looked at the insides of one of the older apple computers and declared that it looked hideous) and nearly sank apple.

A decade later technology had reached a point where those sorts of things didn't matter, and he made a successful marketing campaign off lying to customers repeatedly till they started believing it, selling old technology at a premium, and then purposely designing it to fail, critically, early so that he could bullshit people further about how his laptops run quietly. And I'm not even mentioning the sheer impossibility of upgrading your hardware.

When we live in a world where there's virtually no such thing as a machine that runs silently I don't see why computers should be any different, especially when a laptop on average lasts two years as-is.

In terms of being an absolute business man he's brilliant, but he's absolutely disgusting as a human being. I didn't like him when he was alive, and I won't miss him now that he's 6 feet under.

Well said. This is why Steve Jobs doesn't deserve your empathy, folks.

He died of a slow painful disease and never commited any gross crimes such as rape or murder.
Fuck technology , the fact a human being died of such a horrible disease is more important than who or what he did for a living.

You need to get a grip on reality.  :thumbdn:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 08:35:52 AM »
I've lost people I love to cancer and it's a horrible way to go. Who fucking cares if you use Apple computers or not, in that context?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »
I've lost people I love to cancer and it's a horrible way to go. Who fucking cares if you use Apple computers or not, in that context?

:agreed:

And again , you've said what I wanted to say in a single sentence , damn you Odeon. :bigcry:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 08:39:12 AM »
Two sentences. But sorry anyway.  :-[

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 08:43:04 AM »

QFT

X2

When I read crap like what Penty and Rage are posting I can only assume that they are jealous of his success and unhappy with their own lives.

Rage is trolling. Penty is seeing this as tentative support to a previously shouted down claim and seeing whether it is now going to be taken with any more enthusiasm. It isn't. it was shitty.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »
The only thing that's sad is how people have bought into his pathological lying and his dubious and overpriced products. But that's the way it goes.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 10:05:21 AM »
The only thing that's sad is how people have bought into his pathological lying and his dubious and overpriced products. But that's the way it goes.

I can think of other things that are sad.  I genuinely shed a small tear when I imagine your bloated corpse being stuffed into a cardboard box and buried in a mass grave with the other unclaimed bodies while nobody is there to watch or care except a guy in a hardhat and maybe the friend of one of the other hobos you are being buried with.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 10:08:26 AM »
But to talk from a economic point of view, Steve Job's death may result in Apple's key market success and dominance coming to a gradual end in the near future. Usually visionaries like him, even if not directly managing the company (by sickness or retirement), have a major influence on how the company succeeds.

Sort of like loosing the Captain of a ship, and he was the only one who knew how to work the navigation properly.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »

I can think of other things that are sad.  I genuinely shed a small tear when I imagine your bloated corpse being stuffed into a cardboard box and buried in a mass grave with the other unclaimed bodies while nobody is there to watch or care except a guy in a hardhat and maybe the friend of one of the other hobos you are being buried with.

I'd be dead then, so why should I give a shit what happens to my corpse?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 11:09:22 AM »
But to talk from a economic point of view, Steve Job's death may result in Apple's key market success and dominance coming to a gradual end in the near future. Usually visionaries like him, even if not directly managing the company (by sickness or retirement), have a major influence on how the company succeeds.

Sort of like loosing the Captain of a ship, and he was the only one who knew how to work the navigation properly.

We are seeing the signs of it already.

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
RIP Steve.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »

I'd be dead then, so why should I give a shit what happens to my corpse?

You shouldn't.  I said I will be sad.