Educational

Author Topic: Steve Jobs has died.  (Read 1222 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Steve Jobs has died.
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »
 http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/05/scitech/main20116338.shtml

I know very little about Apple, but I do think he was  :viking: to have stayed alive and active for seven years with his health problems.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Steve Jobs has died.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »
Have to admit. I knew little about him until his health problems.

Sad though.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:57:59 PM »
 Yeah, 56 is too young to die.

Sorry for my redundant thread, I didn't see the older one.  :duh:

People forget.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »
Fuck steve. He can gargle my balls, man. Hs recent products have made me nauseous.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:04:54 PM »
Fuck you. You don't have to be a soldier to be a great man.

:'(
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:12:32 PM »
Seriously, I work with computers for a living, and even I never heard of him until a few weeks ago when it was mentioned here that he got cancer ...

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 08:17:02 PM »
he was the ceo of apple... sucks to be the bastard but i am not going to say i care to much. its sad to see a life as great as his pass but if i cryed for every decent man who dies than i doubt i would be anywhere close to sane

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »
 :'(

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:06:20 PM »
I don't understand. I don't understand why people cry when someone they don't know dies.
I get that he was a great man, but I don't get why people who did not know him personally are upset.
Is it because he won't make apple things anymore?
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »
I don't understand. I don't understand why people cry when someone they don't know dies.
I get that he was a great man, but I don't get why people who did not know him personally are upset.

I am not crying over his death, but I do feel a little sadness that he has died so young.

I figure his illness and death remind some people of similar tragedies in their own families, so they identify with him.

People forget.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 09:15:43 PM »

I personally don't feel much with regards to his death. But I can understand it's a sad event for the people who know him and love him.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 09:17:52 PM »

It's because I have lots of good memories about Macs from when I was little, and I know that his vision was an important part of Apple and it's the truth that it won't be the same without him.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »

I personally don't feel much with regards to his death. But I can understand it's a sad event for the people who know him and love him.

i just dont feel about death period. my uncle is currently dieing of cancer [dont know what kind] and i have not talked to him at all. seen him on facebook. sent him the ocasional IM. but never a response back. truth be told, i am more concerned about my dad who has depression and how he will deal with it than my uncle who is now not even going to make it to X-MAS. in my mind and in the imortal words from the game oblivion "death comes to us all, we know not the day nor the hour. in this, i am blessed" {king knows when hes going to die}

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 06:31:17 AM »
I said earlier that I kind of felt bad. But now, I think I have to agree with Rage.

I will quote someone from another forum.

Quote from: acosn

The man was a fool with absolutely no aptitude for how technology works (he looked at the insides of one of the older apple computers and declared that it looked hideous) and nearly sank apple.

A decade later technology had reached a point where those sorts of things didn't matter, and he made a successful marketing campaign off lying to customers repeatedly till they started believing it, selling old technology at a premium, and then purposely designing it to fail, critically, early so that he could bullshit people further about how his laptops run quietly. And I'm not even mentioning the sheer impossibility of upgrading your hardware.

When we live in a world where there's virtually no such thing as a machine that runs silently I don't see why computers should be any different, especially when a laptop on average lasts two years as-is.

In terms of being an absolute business man he's brilliant, but he's absolutely disgusting as a human being. I didn't like him when he was alive, and I won't miss him now that he's 6 feet under.

Well said. This is why Steve Jobs doesn't deserve your empathy, folks.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 06:54:10 AM »
I really don't give a fuck about what he was as a person. Tell me anyone died of cancer and I am gonna say it is sad. Why? Because cancer is a fucking horrid disease. I do not "value" his life or death as much as anyone else,s but I have seen how cancer fucks with people, and it is not the type of thing to wish on an enemy. To have it hit anyone is terrible.
Not crying over it or gonna have a day of mourning but I sure as hell won't say "Fuck you Steve jobs you deserved that horrible, wasting, debilitating disease. Serves you right because of your efforts with your fucking job."
If anyone can not see this, I sure as hell won't bother explaining it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:11:17 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap