Author Topic: I'm a hardcore Christian - Let's play.  (Read 6051 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: I'm a hardcore Christian - Let's play.
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »
Like clockwork yet again. The point is, you were trying to level the Bible on par with a fictional story. Apples and Oranges problem if the Bible is not fiction.

Apples and oranges are still both fruits regardless of the differences.

Besides debating the interpretation of Harry Potter is not going to condemn me to eternal damnation if I get the interpretation wrong, you know. It's an issue of consequence, debating interpretations in a fictional canon will just make you look silly and attract the wrath of fanboys (or worse, inspire a fan-fic), but god forbid, with a holy text, it can mean the difference between eternal salvation and damnation, oh noes! So yeah, you can't use a fictional analogy unless you either admit Harry Potter holds some sort of real existential consequence, or the Bible is fiction with rabid fanboys taking fandom too far.

Still missing the point, I see.

Break out of this circle. Forget Harry Potter. Go to any science book and see if it's right to interpret the text the way you want.

And we come full circle too, because how can it be so sure that the Bible is a reliable text to begin with? There's nothing to suggest it was actually written by god, and anyone can easily pretend to write as if they're god. That's how cults work. :toporly:
Just because counterfeit money exists doesn't mean real money doesn't.

Yes, the Bible is from God. Read it if you don't believe me.

If by fruit you mean "fiction", then yes I agree, they're both the same in that regard. :zoinks:

You brought up Harry Potter to begin with, I can't help you had to resort to fictional works for comparison. Now you're trying to suggest science books also fall under the same category. A science book is different, it's based on observation of reality and is mathematically backed, there's no way in hell one could misinterpret that 1 + 1 does not equal 2. That's an axiom which even a toddler can demonstrate with toy blocks.

The fail is getting too much now, even god would facepalm at you. You're not doing a good job selling your case to 'save us' from eternal damnation, and if Heaven sounds like what it is, I rather go to Hell anyway.

Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Osensitive1

« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2011, 08:05:36 PM »
The fail is getting too much now
Actually not done too bad. Many will often resort to statements containing 'god thinks' or try to explain motives of god. Do believe I saw a 'god wants' which is touchy, but overall statements refraining from this type of thing.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:08:04 PM by Jack »

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »
I did the test and apparently i am guilty of everything but murder and will roast in hell forever. Thanks God, now you made me feel bad. I thought you were supposed to fill our hearts with joy ?

Did you go all the way through to the end? There's the bit about Jesus Christ dying for you on the cross ...

I'm supposed to feel good that man was tortured to death ???

You're supposed to be happy that someone who owes you nothing died to give you the opportunity to have eternal life.

He loves you!!!

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2011, 08:47:25 PM »
Only God's interpretation is true. When we follow God's interpretation, it doesn't become our own interpretation. It's still God's.

By the way, truth is absolute. If I believe I'm Rambo, does this make me truly Rambo?
The man on the website expresses god's interpretation? What if my interpretation is different from his? Why is my interpretation not god's interpretation?

Because it's different from God's interpretation. :autism:
You didn't answer the first question.

That man is just a man. He may say wrong things at times, so that's why it's important to always check what God Himself says regardless.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2011, 08:49:57 PM »
Science doesn't contradict God's Word. Evolutionism does, and evolutionism is not science.
Carbon dating dinos as preceding man has nothing to do with evolution.

It's related to evolutionism.

Evolutionism implies old age for the Earth.

Humans, not wanting to accept God's own testimony, want to believe that dinosaurs lived before humans because they think they couldn't have been together in the same period and because their favorite "theory" presupposes the old age of the planet, so why not have the dinosaurs be living long before humans came into being? ::)

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2011, 08:55:50 PM »
If by fruit you mean "fiction", then yes I agree, they're both the same in that regard. :zoinks:

No, by "fruit", I mean "book". Fail!

You brought up Harry Potter to begin with, I can't help you had to resort to fictional works for comparison. Now you're trying to suggest science books also fall under the same category. A science book is different, it's based on observation of reality and is mathematically backed, there's no way in hell one could misinterpret that 1 + 1 does not equal 2. That's an axiom which even a toddler can demonstrate with toy blocks.

Good, so if someone argues that science/math books state that 1 + 1 = 3, wouldn't you want to correct him and let him know that's not what the books say? Or do you just tell him that, since this is his interpretation, it is true for him?

And is it the fault of the books that he interprets them wrongly?

The fail is getting too much now, even god would facepalm at you. You're not doing a good job selling your case to 'save us' from eternal damnation, and if Heaven sounds like what it is, I rather go to Hell anyway.

You're so cool, man. You definitely did NOT fail at all.

Osensitive1

« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2011, 09:09:44 PM »
Only God's interpretation is true. When we follow God's interpretation, it doesn't become our own interpretation. It's still God's.

By the way, truth is absolute. If I believe I'm Rambo, does this make me truly Rambo?
The man on the website expresses god's interpretation? What if my interpretation is different from his? Why is my interpretation not god's interpretation?

Because it's different from God's interpretation. :autism:
You didn't answer the first question.

That man is just a man. He may say wrong things at times, so that's why it's important to always check what God Himself says regardless.
Good. Then will stick to not caring about the interpretations of others.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »
Even God's interpretation?

As you wish.

Osensitive1

« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2011, 09:21:03 PM »

As you wish.
What is god's interpretation?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2011, 09:21:55 PM »
I am going to hell. What about white lies? People have told me that they are ok. So does that mean all those people are going to hell as well?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »

As you wish.

Check the Bible. Stop going in circles with me!!! :LOL:

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2011, 09:29:40 PM »
I am going to hell. What about white lies? People have told me that they are ok. So does that mean all those people are going to hell as well?

Why are white "lies" considered lies? What if he's sincere and truly thinks someone else is beautiful?

As for hell, we're all initally condemned to hell because of our sinful nature. But the Good News is God has given us the opportunity to be saved through Christ Jesus. Will you accept His gift of salvation for you? Or will you reject it like many others here continue to do?

Osensitive1

« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »

As you wish.

Check the Bible. Stop going in circles with me!!! :LOL:
You're the one who said I wasn't interested in the truth because I don't care how other's interpret the bible. :laugh:

Osensitive1

« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2011, 09:37:05 PM »
Oh, and don't forget about the topic of your false idol and savior.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »

Why are white "lies" considered lies? What if he's sincere and truly thinks someone else is beautiful?

As for hell, we're all initally condemned to hell because of our sinful nature. But the Good News is God has given us the opportunity to be saved through Christ Jesus. Will you accept His gift of salvation for you? Or will you reject it like many others here continue to do?
Who is "he"?

An example would be saying someone's haircut suits them but inside you think it looks awful. But you are only saying it to make the other person feel better and to not look like a horrible person if you spoke the truth.

Can't really accept the gift of salvation. Will probably say, "goddamnit!" again some time in future. Or wish to have something that someone else has got. Probably do that lots of times.

Getting Jesus to die for our sins obviously didn't work. Just wondering if God will try something else or send down another Jesus fgure. There is this guy who thinks he is Jesus:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/article/-/10276027/inside-australias-chilling-new-cult/
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae