Author Topic: I'm a hardcore Christian - Let's play.  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: I'm a hardcore Christian - Let's play.
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2011, 08:26:11 AM »
That is obviously not an accurate image as you wouldn't be alive now if it was a couple of homosexual men that God Himself directly created.

Who's to say they were the only two people created?
Who's to say it was just Adam and Eve and god didn't create anymore?

A being that omnipotent is surely going to keep some secrets right?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2011, 08:29:43 AM »
So you're comparing Harry Potter to the Bible now? That's a good sign as you're acknowledging the the bible is tantamount a fictional story. lol, Harry Potter is intentional fiction, never meant to hold any serious meaning, only to captivate imaginations and to entertain. Nice load of FAIL right there.

So was Harry potter a wizard according to the books or not? What if someone argued he was actually a demon from the pits of hell? Or that he was a woman in disguise? Does this make their interpretations of the Harry potter books valid?

I see nothing wrong with the analogy I made to serve a simple point. In no way am I insinuating that the Harry Potter books and the Bible are on the same level of divine and historical truths.

But, as usual, you display poor reasoning skills and project such lack of skills on me.

In fact, I'm sure other religious people would be offended at you for making such an insinuation. After all, Harry Potter is the book of the Devil! :orly:

I'm not bothered that much by what religious people think. Who told you Harry Potter is from the Devil?

And yes, I say "honestly" because from what I see, you're clearly just talking out of your arse. You can't answer a simple question on what believer's interpretation is correct and serves as validity of being a true believer.

I keep telling you it's not up to any believer (or any mere human for the matter) to interpret God's Word. What is it you don't understand here?

You're a false believer, a fraud, and nothing you say can be trusted to truly represent god's will. As far as anyone's concern, you're probably one of Satan's agents, trying to pervert the holy works to corrupt people. GTFO satanfag. :zoinks:

Ok, even if I'm not a true believer, what does this have to do with what God Himself tells you through the Bible?

Like clockwork yet again. The point is, you were trying to level the Bible on par with a fictional story. Apples and Oranges problem if the Bible is not fiction.

Besides debating the interpretation of Harry Potter is not going to condemn me to eternal damnation if I get the interpretation wrong, you know. It's an issue of consequence, debating interpretations in a fictional canon will just make you look silly and attract the wrath of fanboys (or worse, inspire a fan-fic), but god forbid, with a holy text, it can mean the difference between eternal salvation and damnation, oh noes! So yeah, you can't use a fictional analogy unless you either admit Harry Potter holds some sort of real existential consequence, or the Bible is fiction with rabid fanboys taking fandom too far.

And we come full circle too, because how can it be so sure that the Bible is a reliable text to begin with? There's nothing to suggest it was actually written by god, and anyone can easily pretend to write as if they're god. That's how cults work. :toporly:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2011, 08:37:58 AM »
And before you say it, if God's word was so clear and concise, why do so many religions and their denominations, sects, cults interpret God and/or the Bible in their own way exist? You'd think God would be a excellent writer and averted this problem. :zoinks:

As I asked before but now rephrased, which denomination is correct? You say God says there's true believers, then define more specific boundaries.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:45:18 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2011, 10:22:41 AM »
Adultery, according to wiki anyway, is infidelity to ones spouse. I've never had a spouse. I obviously have thought about sex with other people though.

Jesus Christ disagrees with you.

Matthew 5:27-28
You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Jebus does agree with me. That statement clearly says that a man is committing adultery if he lusts after a woman. I ain't a man. I can lust after all the women I want :razz:
God is obviously a fan of lesbian sex.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2011, 11:18:26 AM »
Adultery, according to wiki anyway, is infidelity to ones spouse. I've never had a spouse. I obviously have thought about sex with other people though.

Jesus Christ disagrees with you.

Matthew 5:27-28
You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Jebus does agree with me. That statement clearly says that a man is committing adultery if he lusts after a woman. I ain't a man. I can lust after all the women I want :razz:

Ha! Technicality is a bitch lol. I wonder how often that problem appears, certainty sounds like a typical mistake/preference a human would make in writing scriptures. :orly:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:21:07 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »

I can't think of a greater creation myself.  :autism:

Osensitive1

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »
Seemingly intelligent believer must not avoid making the statement of dinosaur walking the earth with man.

I never said I was intelligent.

But I don't mind stating that the dinosaurs once walked the earth with man.
Correct, seemingly. Only once walked the earth with man, not first walked the earth with man?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2011, 04:22:28 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tried to do that quiz posted in the OP.

But got stuck at the check of the second commandment. That quiz is doing there exactly what they are opposing.

Couldn't make it any further. The test is a fraud. (Now, that is a surprise....)
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »
The first question alone was enough to discredit the entire quiz.  And having to listen to this guy read the questions is obnoxious.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »
I am guilty of all 10 of course.  As is everyone else who has taken this quiz.  Heaven must be pretty empty, and boring.

Osensitive1

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2011, 04:41:59 PM »
Didn't finish the quiz either. Don't care enough about other's interpretation.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »
Who's to say they were the only two people created? Who's to say it was just Adam and Eve and god didn't create anymore?

You can check God's own Word if you're interested in the truth.

But He can't contradict them. God is not a liar.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2011, 05:27:34 PM »
Like clockwork yet again. The point is, you were trying to level the Bible on par with a fictional story. Apples and Oranges problem if the Bible is not fiction.

Apples and oranges are still both fruits regardless of the differences.

Besides debating the interpretation of Harry Potter is not going to condemn me to eternal damnation if I get the interpretation wrong, you know. It's an issue of consequence, debating interpretations in a fictional canon will just make you look silly and attract the wrath of fanboys (or worse, inspire a fan-fic), but god forbid, with a holy text, it can mean the difference between eternal salvation and damnation, oh noes! So yeah, you can't use a fictional analogy unless you either admit Harry Potter holds some sort of real existential consequence, or the Bible is fiction with rabid fanboys taking fandom too far.

Still missing the point, I see.

Break out of this circle. Forget Harry Potter. Go to any science book and see if it's right to interpret the text the way you want.

And we come full circle too, because how can it be so sure that the Bible is a reliable text to begin with? There's nothing to suggest it was actually written by god, and anyone can easily pretend to write as if they're god. That's how cults work. :toporly:

Just because counterfeit money exists doesn't mean real money doesn't.

Yes, the Bible is from God. Read it if you don't believe me.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »
And before you say it, if God's word was so clear and concise, why do so many religions and their denominations, sects, cults interpret God and/or the Bible in their own way exist? You'd think God would be a excellent writer and averted this problem. :zoinks:

God's Word is very simple to understand, but you have to be like a baby when reading His Word. Man refuses to accept exactly what God Himself says, so he interprets His Word on his own terms according to his own desires. That is not right to do, but man (fallen by nature) insists on doing so. Hence, the various denominations and sects.

As I asked before but now rephrased, which denomination is correct? You say God says there's true believers, then define more specific boundaries.

The only true "denomination" is the "denomination" of the Church of Jesus Christ Himself.

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

The true believer is the one who believes in Jesus Christ as the Lord and the Savior (regardless of which denomination [or lack of it] he adheres to). That's the Church of Jesus Christ.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2011, 05:38:28 PM »
Who's to say they were the only two people created? Who's to say it was just Adam and Eve and god didn't create anymore?

You can check God's own Word if you're interested in the truth.

You mean a bible? , a bible is written by man , and therefore likely to have been tampered with to suit the authors opinions.

But He can't contradict them. God is not a liar.

Witholding truth is different from lying.

As governments and militaries operate , they keep a certain amount of knowledge from the general public , I'm sure a deity such as God would also keep some knowledge from the first two humans alive.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.