Educational

Author Topic: Forum Darwinism  (Read 2708 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: Forum Darwinism
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2011, 04:57:22 PM »
This statement pigeon holes the membership. There's quite a variety here, some who do and don't meet these terms, and the same goes for those who don't stick around. Haven't found the 'type' here to be any different than other autism sites, though the site is very different, yes.

No intention to stereotype, I'm just noting an observation made over a few years of sporadic posting contrasted with my WP experience.  A lot of WP posters simply couldn't handle the random outbursts and freedom to attack and be attacked, it would be overwhelming for them.  That's what I meant about a certain "type", the one thing I'm not seeing is anyone particularly thin skinned.  Call it a backhanded complement.
Don't think I misunderstood the implications in your op all, but will admit it's possible. Misunderstandings are one of the problems that comes with subtlety.

Ah, but a master of subtlety can exploit their own mistakes and successfully dig themselves out of that hole. :orly:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Osensitive1

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2011, 05:25:04 PM »
This statement pigeon holes the membership. There's quite a variety here, some who do and don't meet these terms, and the same goes for those who don't stick around. Haven't found the 'type' here to be any different than other autism sites, though the site is very different, yes.

No intention to stereotype, I'm just noting an observation made over a few years of sporadic posting contrasted with my WP experience.  A lot of WP posters simply couldn't handle the random outbursts and freedom to attack and be attacked, it would be overwhelming for them.  That's what I meant about a certain "type", the one thing I'm not seeing is anyone particularly thin skinned.  Call it a backhanded complement.
Don't think I misunderstood the implications in your op all, but will admit it's possible. Misunderstandings are one of the problems that comes with subtlety.

Ah, but a master of subtlety can exploit their own mistakes and successfully dig themselves out of that hole. :orly:
You mean like the bit about the back handed compliment? Yes, considered that point as well, but didn't see the need to say anything other than my thoughts on the op haven't changed.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »

You mean like the bit about the back handed compliment? Yes, considered that point as well, but didn't see the need to say anything other than my thoughts on the op haven't changed.

Not exactly but yes still true somewhat. I'm talking that they can dig themselves out of perceived misunderstandings without looking that obvious. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Osensitive1

« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »
:laugh:

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2011, 01:37:42 AM »
The above mentioned figure has left. You didn't actually accomplish anything.

I guess someone had to figure it out.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2011, 01:42:52 AM »
Talking about subtlety is not exactly the same thing as being subtle, is it? 

eris

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2011, 02:15:13 AM »
"As I piss and I shit,
And I cut my throat, I touch my balls.
Eat my flesh and gash my skin,
Till blood and body fluid spill
Out of my body like whiskey from my bottle.
I'll fucking get you all.
I swear it helps cunt, I'll get you all."

- gg allin

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2011, 02:34:53 AM »
"As I piss and I shit,

- gg allin

Well that's definitely not an example of subtlety. A bit too blunt if you ask me. :orly:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2011, 06:31:32 AM »

I don't think anyone was trying to figure it out. We were just talking about it until it went stale.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »
"As I piss and I shit,

- gg allin

He sounds like a very nice , respectable man.  :)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

midlifeaspie

« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2011, 10:36:35 AM »

:bunny:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2011, 02:47:09 PM »
Talking about subtlety is not exactly the same thing as being subtle, is it?

No, you've proven it quite a few times here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
"As I piss and I shit,

- gg allin

Well that's definitely not an example of subtlety. A bit too blunt if you ask me. :orly:

Well maybe not the razor or knife....

Osensitive1

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »

He should come back and take the time to get to know the people here; same with you. Maybe try some different threads instead of posting about the same stuff, relax, check out zip's mom or something.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2011, 05:26:13 PM »

He should come back and take the time to get to know the people here; same with you. Maybe try some different threads instead of posting about the same stuff, relax, check out zip's mom or something.

That poor woman, I wonder if she has any idea her son posted that!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"