Author Topic: Low Quality Trolling  (Read 8157 times)

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Low Quality Trolling
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2011, 01:59:51 AM »
You came here under the pretense that you were gathering information on Alex to use against him.

So tell us, how did your anti-WP campaign go?? OH! you shared the information gathered here with the WP mod staff.

Awesome job!!!  :thumbup:

Yes, you did decieve people because when your position on WP changed, you failed to disclose that. That's called lying by omission. You did, in fact have an obligation to disclose the fact that you had a working relationship with the WP mods, if you were discussing WP issues over here with members who thought you still were trying to bring the site down. It's a concept called "full disclosure". Think about it.

I came here when I was pissed off at Alex and WP and was looking to hurt them in any way I could, all that was completely genuine.  When I started soliciting for info to hurt Alex with, as you can see I nearly got laughed off the site, and for all intents and purposes I put my membership here on the back burner.  I never shared anything I learned here with the WP mod staff, and the only real interactions I've had with anyone here since were the occasional gun stuff with you and a couple of comments during the first parakeet incident.  Honestly, it never even occurred to me that what I was doing on WP was anyone here's business, especially as I was essentially dormant as a member.  I never solicited anyone for info after I got unbanned at WP, and to be completely honest I never even really got anything from my initial attempts when I still thought I could try and hurt Alex with bad PR.
Maybe I should have clarified exactly where I stood before I jumped in here on something, but as all I wanted to do was to put my opinion out there on something that was bothering me, it didn't seem necessary or relevant.  I'm sorry if you feel otherwise, it was my call to make and that's how I saw it.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2011, 02:03:36 AM »
Alex is the man of steel.

Nothing short of Kryptonite will bring that bastard down.

(Well, maybe the Hulk fucking Lois Lane....)

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2011, 02:53:28 AM »

I just wish he'd sell the damn site to someone who fucking cares.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2011, 02:57:44 AM »

He already has - AutismSpeaks. They care.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2011, 03:02:28 AM »

He already has - AutismSpeaks. They care.

And disturbingly enough, that could actually become reality in due time. Right now it's small exchanges in joint-ventures, and a few seemingly astroturfers spreading pro-Autism Speaks propaganda on there.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »
I'd almost rather see him sell the site to Autism Speaks than keep up this disappearing for months at a time act; at least if he did that it would drive enough people off the site to make alternatives truly viable.  As it is, there is a lot about the site that sucks, but there are also enough people there that I know and like for me to try and make the best of it, stupid Alex bullshit notwithstanding.  I think a lot of people are in that situation, not liking a lot about WP but also not seeing much in the way of alternatives where they'll fit in.  This place works for some people, but not everyone is flame retardant.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2011, 03:34:03 AM »
I'd almost rather see him sell the site to Autism Speaks than keep up this disappearing for months at a time act; at least if he did that it would drive enough people off the site to make alternatives truly viable.  As it is, there is a lot about the site that sucks, but there are also enough people there that I know and like for me to try and make the best of it, stupid Alex bullshit notwithstanding.  I think a lot of people are in that situation, not liking a lot about WP but also not seeing much in the way of alternatives where they'll fit in.  This place works for some people, but not everyone is flame retardant.

I definitely have to agree with you on this. Although the big problem is, who would be able to make a competitive equivalent of WP and convince all the regulars on WP to go there?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2011, 03:36:57 AM »

I definitely have to agree with you on this. Although the big problem is, who would be able to make a competitive equivalent of WP and convince all the regulars on WP to go there?

We wouldn't want here to grow that fucking big. What we have is big enough to be comfortable. I think odeon said as much once.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2011, 03:40:28 AM »

We wouldn't want here to grow that fucking big. What we have is big enough to be comfortable. I think odeon said as much once.

Well I was suggesting a new site being created by someone that caters exclusively to the WP mindset, but with a better quality admin running it. Besides we're safe from any run-off, most of the WP users would find this place a bit too intimidating to stick around.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:44:08 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2011, 05:29:50 AM »
I dunno why people would find it intimidating here, as of late it has been quite tame. Even trolling of worse quality than what Dicks is complaining about brought most of i2 down to a crying standstill. A more correct term for i2 is "old grumpy farts anonymous" rather than the aspie battlecentre of evil.

WP is a shithole, but frankly I'd rather care about other things than some stupid internet forum. Let them act like retards and spazz up the place with bad mods and such, because at the end of the day it really does not affect my life in any way.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:32:43 AM by Schleed »

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2011, 05:30:54 AM »
I think most of the 'competition' sites were set up by disaffected WP members, and the current lot may consider them ant-WP. AFF could be an exceptiion, but it's doubtful many WP people would go there either. If that place has to saved, someone shoould move quickly, or the default leader will be Robison and his curebies will have total control.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2011, 05:47:01 AM »
Eh, I thought I'd throw the same bone out there since the subject came up again.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2011, 05:50:15 AM »
I dunno why people would find it intimidating here, as of late it has been quite tame. Even trolling of worse quality than what Dicks is complaining about brought most of i2 down to a crying standstill. A more correct term for i2 is "old grumpy farts anonymous" rather than the aspie battlecentre of evil.

WP is a shithole, but frankly I'd rather care about other things than some stupid internet forum. Let them act like retards and spazz up the place with bad mods and such, because at the end of the day it really does not affect my life in any way.

It doesn't personally affect me either but what can I say? I'm like a tabloid junkie when it comes to drama. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. :-[

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2011, 05:59:28 AM »
I react because I react. I do not hold it near and dear to my heart or rage or cry or get pent up angst.
It is just responding how I do. I likes it.  :autism:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Scrapheap

« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »
... Let them act like retards and spazz up the place with bad mods and such, because at the end of the day it really does not affect my life in any way.

If you have to italicise the fact that it doesn't affect your life in any way, then it affects your life.  :zoinks:

If you say you don't care, then you care.  :orly:

If you respond in any way to this post, then I win!!!  :autism:

If you don't respond then it means I'm right.  :hahaha: