Author Topic: Low Quality Trolling  (Read 8101 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Low Quality Trolling
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »
Why does he only have 66 posts?  Did he quit once?

Fits and starts, I lost interest in the net in general from time to time, and as a political guy I like a bit more post volume to keep me engaged.  Periodically I see something interesting over here and comment, but sometimes whole sections go months without an update, hence my low count here.

Or you waited until your services were needed by the Motherland again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2011, 12:37:32 PM »
That is priceless. And funnier still is that they need an inside track on what's going on here. :rofl:

Actually, they didn't; obvious sockpuppets aren't exactly hard to spot.  But you raise a good point; why?  You know WP mods and such have had accounts here in the past, I didn't even try to hide who I was or anything, does that make any sense for someone who's here to spy?

I don't really expect anyone to join and say "oh and by the way, I'm going to report everything that is said to my masters at WP".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »
So, were you a snitch or not? Is it back to the USSSR when you've logged out here?

Nope, I was never a WP spy sent to snitch on I2, MLA can say what he wants but that's not why I come here.  There are some people I genuinely like here and I do occasionally see something interesting to comment on, I just know more people on WP and so spend most of my time there. 

Remember that MLA was only on WP from late 2010, and never saw any of my knock down drag out fights with the mods that happened in 2008 and 2009.  I don't hate mods on principal, I hate specific ones that abuse their power and make people miserable.  Ask Sinboldly, Quatermass or Lau about me sometime, you're not going to hear anything kind from them.  And I stand by that going after people like that is a hell of a lot more  :viking: than soft targets like rank and file WP people.

I do get consulted from time to time by the mods on WP about things going on in PPR, like a sudden bunch of new posters ganging up on someone out of the blue, and if it looks like sockpuppets, I'm going to say so when asked about it.  What I don't do is go "hmm, I think I'll go see what I2 is up to so I can warn the WP mods about it", that's never been how I operate.

Sounds to me like a rewrite to justify what you have never been forced to formulate before. The end result seems to be the same, though.

It's fucking disappointing all the same.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2011, 03:08:59 PM »
Dox, it looks like you might be trying to wriggle out of this with wordlplay.
Most of us probably assume that you arent a "WP spy." But thats not what Hubert accused you of. He accused you of ratting out peoples sockpuppets, and of exchanging information from here, for amnesty on WP.

Straight question. Are you accusing Hubert of lying?

Yes, on that particular question he is lying, or at the least badly misunderstanding what he saw in the mod logs.  I did not trade information on sockpuppets or anything else from here for any special treatment or amnesty from the mod team.  If he says otherwise, we're at an impasse as he can't prove his accusation, and I have no way of disproving it, it's just his word against mine.  He's making an extraordinary claim, so where's the extraordinary proof?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
Dox, it looks like you might be trying to wriggle out of this with wordlplay.
Most of us probably assume that you arent a "WP spy." But thats not what Hubert accused you of. He accused you of ratting out peoples sockpuppets, and of exchanging information from here, for amnesty on WP.

Straight question. Are you accusing Hubert of lying?

Yes, on that particular question he is lying, or at the least badly misunderstanding what he saw in the mod logs.  I did not trade information on sockpuppets or anything else from here for any special treatment or amnesty from the mod team.  If he says otherwise, we're at an impasse as he can't prove his accusation, and I have no way of disproving it, it's just his word against mine.  He's making an extraordinary claim, so where's the extraordinary proof?

What is extraordinary about it?  Things like this are why attorneys call in character witnesses ;)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
BTW, I really like your light pink name  :dick:

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »
And if so, it will help your case to provide motive.

Easy, you like impressing your new friends with all the "secret" information you were privy to  as a WP mod, and/or jumped to the wrong conclusion about something you saw in the mod logs.  You clearly don't know as much as you think you do, you weren't even on WP a year when you jumped ship to here.  You've got a nugget of truth, that I do work with the mod team, but spun it out into some bullshit about me getting favors and spying on other sites.  Or maybe you made the whole thing up for the lulz, who's to say. 

As long as people are already accusing me of deflecting, let's take a little side journey with you, MLA.  You were a WP member for what, 3 months when you got modded?  Within another few you were over here, and within a few more had completely joined the community, been given access I never had, and were even openly baiting 'keet out on WP.  And yet your WP account is still active...  Other former mods got the hammer for telling the truth about Alex, but not you.  Why is that?

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2011, 03:29:03 PM »
That would be interesting timing, as I have just recently begun using my account over there to have a go at Alex on a fairly regular basis.  Maybe he felt the need to defend his honor.  How cute.

Dox - when you earn enough brownie points do you get a pair of yellow tennis shoes and a guest spot on awesome "Autism Speaks TV"?

Why the hell would I defend Alex, let alone in such a roundabout manner?  He's the worst thing about WP, he lucked into having the first big AS hub online, and has been alternately exploiting and ignoring it ever since.  I'd love to quit WP for a better forum, but all my friends are on there and nobody else is even close to the site traffic.  I was the guy scheming to fuck with Plank's wiki entry since I know he's sensitive about it back in the day, he's no friend of mine.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »
And if so, it will help your case to provide motive.

Easy, you like impressing your new friends with all the "secret" information you were privy to  as a WP mod,

Why would I wait 6 months to start dishing this awesome "secret" information that you claim I am making up.  Is it "secret", or is it made up? 

As long as people are already accusing me of deflecting, let's take a little side journey with you, MLA.  You were a WP member for what, 3 months when you got modded?  Within another few you were over here, and within a few more had completely joined the community, been given access I never had, and were even openly baiting 'keet out on WP.  And yet your WP account is still active...  Other former mods got the hammer for telling the truth about Alex, but not you.  Why is that?

Alex is completely absent and there is only 1 mod with the ban tool left and he agrees with me more or less.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2011, 03:37:02 PM »
I have been openly baiting Alex much longer than parahomo, and in a much worse fashion.  You might be surprised to learn this, but the mods don't like Alex.  I can't speak for the new ones, but the rest can't stand him.

Psychophant

« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »
Ok, I've done it....all this stuff has made me curious and I registered there.  For the record, I had to go by "psychobabble" since Psychophant was taken.   :P  I haven't posted there yet, but, I'm open to suggestions as to where to look and what to say.   :santa:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »
Ok, I've done it....all this stuff has made me curious and I registered there.  For the record, I had to go by "psychobabble" since Psychophant was taken.   :P  I haven't posted there yet, but, I'm open to suggestions as to where to look and what to say.   :santa:

It's not a very interesting forum unless you want to legitimately talk about Aspergers all day long and kvetch about being a virgin or having no friends.  It's busy though.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2011, 03:54:26 PM »
Half of the people who posted during the short time I was there only had Adolescent Syndrome.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »
Three quarters are bots who want to "love you long time", in return for your banking details.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »
One of us is really bad at maths. Or maybe they are just adolescent bots.

- Albert Einstein