Educational

Author Topic: Citizen's Commission on Human Rights  (Read 758 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
« on: August 11, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »
http://www.cchr.org/

Only read a little of it thus far; it's obnoxiously over-the-top in painting all of psychiatry with the same "OMG- EEEEEEVIIIILLLLL!!!!" brush, but I think it does make a lot of valid points if you can get past the extremism.

(Also, browsing it a bit more, it makes me rather sad to know that therapy/counseling is being equated with psychiatry, and with psychiatry at its most unscrupulous at that... but, I do know there are some evil-ass therapists out there.  I personally hope if I ever get twisted enough to do something overtly evil, lightening strikes me before I ge the chance, but hey, consciences are rare regardless of the profession you're in.)

Opinions?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:01:06 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »
Is Tom Cruise a member ::)
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »
^Probably, as CCHR was established by the church of scientology in 1969. It is written at the end of this page:
http://www.cchr.org/ect-fda-advisory-panel-electroshock-device.html

Which I was interested in to see their views about ECT. It does not surprise me to see they are against it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 04:58:25 AM »
^Probably, as CCHR was established by the church of scientology in 1969. It is written at the end of this page:

Which I was interested in to see their views about ECT. It does not surprise me to see they are against it.
I thought it had a certain couch-jumping flavor to it.

Also, this just confirms that as I age I am beomcing more and more of a conspiracy-theorist whack job.  I think really do sound a like cruiseish when I talk about psychiatry sometimes.

Also re:  ECT- kinda funny, just heard an anecdote yesterday about ECT helping a really severe patient- the patient and the patient's family thought it was miraculous.  Tools of healing can be used for good or evil.  Not always one or the other.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:01:11 AM by PMS Elle »

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 07:15:11 AM »
Yep, a sci-fag front organization. Great, probably have OSA faggots lurking here now as they probably monitor the referral headers of whoever clicks that link here.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »
Yep, a sci-fag front organization. Great, probably have OSA faggots lurking here now as they probably monitor the referral headers of whoever clicks that link here.
homophobe :P

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »
homophobe :P

N00b :P
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »

I thought it had a certain couch-jumping flavor to it.

Also, this just confirms that as I age I am beomcing more and more of a conspiracy-theorist whack job.  I think really do sound a like cruiseish when I talk about psychiatry sometimes.

Also re:  ECT- kinda funny, just heard an anecdote yesterday about ECT helping a really severe patient- the patient and the patient's family thought it was miraculous.  Tools of healing can be used for good or evil.  Not always one or the other.
Yeah it helped me when I had it - I went from spending every day in bed sleeping and not eating to getting up and going out with a friend to the shops (this was while I was in hospital) and engaging more with people. Unfortunately the effects of ECT don't last long though, usually the doctors expect the antidepressants to take over alleviating the depression by the time this happens I think.

And that site gives the impression ECT is forced upon people. In my case two psychiatrists approved it and I had to sign a form saying I wanted it and that I accepted the risks it had.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 12:45:10 AM »
Don't pay attention to that site, it's nothing but propaganda from Scientology anyway. That's one way Scientology attempts to recruit members, it disguises itself with front organization like Narcanon and this to lure people in.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:46:59 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 12:52:54 AM »
Most of them are probably the cotton-wool brigade who wanted discipline banned in schools and at home.

Faggots indeed.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 11:09:58 AM »
Most of them are probably the cotton-wool brigade who wanted discipline banned in schools and at home.

Faggots indeed.

That only sounds like a non-sequitur to those who haven't been paying attention  :clap:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 04:48:57 PM »

Faggots indeed.

That only sounds like a non-sequitur to those who haven't been paying attention  :clap:

You really are an idiot, aren't you. I saw the reams of bullshit going on the attack in that other thread villifying me just cos you think your generation is perfect and mine isn't. Fuck, did you flush your fucking brains last time you took a shit or what?

Typical member of the new age wank brigade - bucks authority, shows no understanding of anyone older than 40 and walks around like their shit don't stink.

Your new avvie is case in point.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »

Faggots indeed.

You really are an idiot, aren't you. I saw the reams of bullshit going on the attack in that other thread villifying me just cos you think your generation is perfect and mine isn't. Fuck, did you flush your fucking brains last time you took a shit or what?

Typical member of the new age wank brigade - bucks authority, shows no understanding of anyone older than 40 and walks around like their shit don't stink.

Well, do you think your generation is perfect?

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 05:08:20 PM »

Faggots indeed.

Well, do you think your generation is perfect?

:plus:

Steve-O's ageism is staggering.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

midlifeaspie

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »

Faggots indeed.

If you really want me to stand down you have to do more than just ask me in PM, you have to stop poking the badger or the badger will bite.