Educational

Author Topic: For the ADHD spazzes  (Read 678 times)

midlifeaspie

For the ADHD spazzes
« on: July 25, 2011, 11:52:01 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/25/kids-with-adhd-more-likel_n_907102.html

Be careful out there.  Remember to look both ways.  :asthing:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: For the ADHD spazzes
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:10:20 PM »

They needed a study to tell them that :lol:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »
I was diagnosed with ADHD and I was hit by a car. >:(

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »
I was diagnosed with ADHD and I was hit by a car. >:(

Were you included in the study?  :zoinks:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 03:37:30 PM »
Friend's daughter was in her teens when she walked out in front of a car and had her leg broken in 3 places.

Everybody was pretty positive she had it, but I don't think her mom ever took her to get it diagnosed.

Later she won a car in a ticket drawing when she was 18 and we worried like hell about her driving, she was fine though, her sister borrowed the car 2 months later and totaled it.  :facepalm2:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 11:06:40 PM »
Why didn't the chicken cross the road?

Its OCD kept it looking both ways.

Why didn't the other chicken cross the road?

It's ADHD kept it's attention on the one with OCD.

Offline Tommy Johnson

• Constant Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:37:11 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/25/kids-with-adhd-more-likel_n_907102.html

I'm actually glad you got fired from wrongplanet for posting this type of dumb shit. I know, I know, you "quit.' Alex seems extremely sane for not agreeing to posting anything or blog from the Huffington Post on his site.

You're midlifeaspie, no? How did you develop autism so fast? You went from NT in a matter of one month to Autism forum super moderator. HOW?
Why were you trying

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 12:41:02 AM »

I'm actually glad you got fired from wrongplanet for posting this type of dumb shit. I know, I know, you "quit.' Alex seems extremely sane for not agreeing to posting anything or blog from the Huffington Post on his site.

You're midlifeaspie, no? How did you develop autism so fast? You went from NT in a matter of one month to Autism forum super moderator. HOW?
Why were you trying

I think you better check your birth certificate. I think there is a big RETARD stamped accross the middle of it.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 02:12:22 AM »
The study was for people with ADHD-C, but I have ADHD-I.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 05:00:22 PM »

Well, about time there is a study.  :P

I had to do a lot of work to convince people that my oldest is not safe in city traffic on a bike yet. People around her know, teachers know, they have eyes in their head and use them. But, "experts" only want to believe experts. So, a psychiatrist, who had never seen my girl, finally signed some document that my girl had problems there. And lo and behold, then it happened to be true that she had problems in dealing with city traffic on a bicycle.

Absolutely ridiculous way of how things have to go.

A study like this can make that it will be less of a hassle before parents and kids are believed about some problems. Problems almost everyone knows about, it just ain't official.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »

Well, about time there is a study.  :P

I had to do a lot of work to convince people that my oldest is not safe in city traffic on a bike yet. People around her know, teachers know, they have eyes in their head and use them. But, "experts" only want to believe experts. So, a psychiatrist, who had never seen my girl, finally signed some document that my girl had problems there. And lo and behold, then it happened to be true that she had problems in dealing with city traffic on a bicycle.

Absolutely ridiculous way of how things have to go.

A study like this can make that it will be less of a hassle before parents and kids are believed about some problems. Problems almost everyone knows about, it just ain't official.

We had problems with a couple "experts with degrees" who seemed to think they knew more about our kids than we did too
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 08:02:12 PM »
Ah, that may be why I fail to see so many cars when I change lanes.  Even though I look, I may not be "recognizing" them.

Don't worry, I knew something was wrong years ago.  I mostly remember to tell my self to be "aware" when looking for other cars rather than do a mindless glance.  And no, I've never hit anyone that way and no one has hit me.

NO CRACKS ABOUT WOMEN DRIVERS, IF YOU PLEASE.  OR ELSE I'LL COME TO YOUR TOWN AND DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »
Not to worry, Your Majesty. I'm a bad driver myself. Have no excuse to have a crack about women drivers.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 09:43:38 PM »

Why were you trying

You look more suspicious everyday.

However, in response to the thread, I have more of a chance of being hit by a car because of the pathetic excuses for drivers I encounter frequently.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 05:17:09 PM »
Ah, that may be why I fail to see so many cars when I change lanes.  Even though I look, I may not be "recognizing" them.

Don't worry, I knew something was wrong years ago.  I mostly remember to tell my self to be "aware" when looking for other cars rather than do a mindless glance.  And no, I've never hit anyone that way and no one has hit me.

NO CRACKS ABOUT WOMEN DRIVERS, IF YOU PLEASE.  OR ELSE I'LL COME TO YOUR TOWN AND DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its okay. ive no problems with women drivers. just east indian and chinese ones

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!