Educational

Author Topic: What dreaded, or just disliked, task awaits you today?  (Read 4719 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: What dreaded, or just disliked, task awaits you today?
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2016, 03:56:22 PM »
filing plagiarism reports which actually is harder than filing taxes, even with glitchy software.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2016, 10:48:21 PM »
Stuff on GIMP. I hates it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2016, 01:22:51 AM »
Do you mean the photoshop equivalent? I use that all the time. I have never used photoshop because of it.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2016, 01:23:22 AM »
Monday stuff.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2016, 05:53:14 AM »
  :laundry: :laundry: :laundry:   Always the fucking laundry!   :GA:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2016, 09:46:59 AM »
doctor visit for The PR.  I didn't do what I was supposed to do between meetings.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2016, 10:20:03 AM »
Had to call the police on the rude guy across the street. He decided to park his truck in my driveway again. He's been quite the jerk, and trying to get me to call the police on the other guy, who is polite and only parks in the driveway if he can't avoid it.

The last time I had an encounter with him he waved his arms and yelled and I put a nick in the car paint. Should have waited until he went away. He said I should have let him help me park and I asked why I should trust him. He gave me the finger and walked away.

This time the police had a new system; I was told to call 911, and the dispatcher asked me if I wanted the truck towed or ticketed. I chose ticketed. He probably will get for more than just blocking the driveway because he's parked in the middle of the street. It feels scary because this guy is belligerent and physically aggressive, and I am not a Canadian citizen. If I get in trouble they can throw me out of the country. So even if he hit me I could not hit him back.

So now I am a little anxious. He doesn't know my immigration status, but he could still get me in trouble.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2016, 06:44:20 AM »
Do you mean the photoshop equivalent? I use that all the time. I have never used photoshop because of it.
Yep, that's the one. I had never used it before I started college this year. We were all given an assignment where we had to merge images, make shadows under objects and resize images all without being taught how to beforehand. The only way I could do it was by getting Kayleigh to help me. She is excellent at Photoshop so GIMP is pretty easy for her too.

So I made a complaint both verbally and in writing. The others in the class are all just out of high school and have worked with GIMP and or Photoshop before.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2016, 07:36:51 AM »
Hangover
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2016, 08:48:57 AM »
Had to call the police on the rude guy across the street. He decided to park his truck in my driveway again. He's been quite the jerk, and trying to get me to call the police on the other guy, who is polite and only parks in the driveway if he can't avoid it.

The last time I had an encounter with him he waved his arms and yelled and I put a nick in the car paint. Should have waited until he went away. He said I should have let him help me park and I asked why I should trust him. He gave me the finger and walked away.

This time the police had a new system; I was told to call 911, and the dispatcher asked me if I wanted the truck towed or ticketed. I chose ticketed. He probably will get for more than just blocking the driveway because he's parked in the middle of the street. It feels scary because this guy is belligerent and physically aggressive, and I am not a Canadian citizen. If I get in trouble they can throw me out of the country. So even if he hit me I could not hit him back.

So now I am a little anxious. He doesn't know my immigration status, but he could still get me in trouble.

Bleach = rust...in a surprisingly short amount of time. Try not to spill any next to his gas tank next time you're struggling trying to unload the shopping bags. :zoinks: 

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2016, 09:15:35 AM »
Getting a cashiers check from the bank to drop off at the US District Court to pay my admission fee that is due today.  All because I ran out of checks and my new order got delayed somehow despite paying $17 for rush delivery.  Running all over town to turn electronic money into paper money so they can turn it back into electronic money.  What fucking year is this?  Get with the program America!  ACH.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2016, 01:08:11 AM »
Getting a cashiers check from the bank to drop off at the US District Court to pay my admission fee that is due today.  All because I ran out of checks and my new order got delayed somehow despite paying $17 for rush delivery.  Running all over town to turn electronic money into paper money so they can turn it back into electronic money.  What fucking year is this?  Get with the program America!  ACH.

This reminds me of the days before I got an ATM card.  If I needed cash, I would have to write out
   a check to cash for that amount and cash it at the bank.  If I needed money on a Sunday, I was screwed.  :autism:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2016, 11:06:51 AM »
Interacting with a student who insists that she posted her assignment. She posted a blank document. It's the second time in the same class that she's done it, and I asked her for proof that she had corrected the error. She keeps sending evidence that she did not.

She was on a team and the others had to do her work so I gave her a zero. She also ignored them when they asked her to choose another part of the assignment (she was supposed to do two parts), and she sent me a copy of their request, saying that it was proof they had not asked her to do anything else. She says she doesn't know what happened to the file she uploaded; my guess is that she wants to blame it on the team.

The file properties shows the file open for about 30 minutes between creation and the last save so there is a small argument for her having done something.

I think maybe she can't read; the message clearly asks her to respond with her choice of task. There's also a file attached that has her blank document - it was blank until the eleventh hour, when the team lead sent a message to the team saying that he had completed the project and was uploading it.

Stupid of her to challenge it because in checking her record I found an unreported plagiarism incident which of course I now have reported.

I'm thinking I will run the whole thing by the academic affairs rep and see what they think of it.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2016, 01:48:17 AM »
The dishes. I did them and went to bed last night only to wake up with a sink full that Kayleigh made while I was asleep. She's gone to a friend's house for a three-day weekend so it is up to me to do the dishes now. I messaged her telling her that I am not happy and she sucks.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2016, 02:02:25 AM »
Interacting with a student who insists that she posted her assignment. She posted a blank document. It's the second time in the same class that she's done it, and I asked her for proof that she had corrected the error. She keeps sending evidence that she did not.

She was on a team and the others had to do her work so I gave her a zero. She also ignored them when they asked her to choose another part of the assignment (she was supposed to do two parts), and she sent me a copy of their request, saying that it was proof they had not asked her to do anything else. She says she doesn't know what happened to the file she uploaded; my guess is that she wants to blame it on the team.

The file properties shows the file open for about 30 minutes between creation and the last save so there is a small argument for her having done something.

I think maybe she can't read; the message clearly asks her to respond with her choice of task. There's also a file attached that has her blank document - it was blank until the eleventh hour, when the team lead sent a message to the team saying that he had completed the project and was uploading it.

Stupid of her to challenge it because in checking her record I found an unreported plagiarism incident which of course I now have reported.

I'm thinking I will run the whole thing by the academic affairs rep and see what they think of it.

What an utter moron. Why try to cheat if you can't do it properly?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein