Author Topic: Have you seen this billboard?  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Have you seen this billboard?
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 08:11:07 AM »
There's nothing wrong with a 35 year old and a 19 year old being together

the problem here is that he's a cunt, not that he's 35

The problem is that there is a hell of a lot of age difference and that in itself raises the question of whether or not a middleaged man (yup 35 is middle-aged) would be entering into such a relationship as with a view to control. I see this as suspicious whenever I see it and have had it confirmed in many couples. It is not always the case and there are no hard and fast rules. But were I to hear of such an age discrepancy it automatically signals a flag for me.
This is another case.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 11:07:56 AM »
I wonder if she did have an abortion?  and if not why he is so sure she did?  Seems a little odd
don't you think?   In UK the hospital issue paperwork for the mother and her GP.  I would have thought
there was some record she could have shown him stating that her pregnancy had ended in
a miscarriage.  Has she done this and he is in denial?, or if she hasn't i would be inclined to
think an abortion was a possibility.  She may not have needed any medical intervention if it
was very early on in the pregnancy but i can't find any info about that. 

Therefore i am resisting the temptation to slag him off too much.   
I know his billboard and internet posts are really sick but if he is telling the truth, 
then i can see why he is lashing out in a way.  It is
something that must be very frustrating for a potential keen and willing father to be.  To
have to come to terms with losing a child,  and having no control or say over wether
that child lives or dies...it must be awful

(yes and before anyone say's 'well he doesn't have to carry it round for nine months' -
i know!)  Still must be a bummer situation to find yourself in if you are a bloke  -  your partner
wants rid,  but you don't. 

It is very hard to judge as we don't really know the truth. I think people are usually very
quick to slag off blokes who don't want to hang around when a child is on the horizon -
and it would seem that was furthest from his mind.

I think that no matter what the father's intentions are, it has to be up to the mother whether or not to carry the child to term.

He had unprotected sexual intercourse with her telling her that he couldn't father children when obviously that wasn't the case, so if her health issues make it more risky for her to have a baby, what would her option be if it was up to the man whether or not she should carry a baby for nine months?

In the US, there are confidentiality laws concerning medical records, so unless I say that it's OK for the doctor to discuss my medical issues with my husband, the doctor cannot, and we're married.  So a stalker ex boyfriend would have no standing to look at his ex-girlfriend's medical records, if there were any.  As you said, if the miscarriage was early enough, it wouldn't need medical intervention.

Try to imagine things from the woman's point of view.  Imagine having a miscarriage and being accused by your control freak boyfriend or stalker ex-boyfriend of having an abortion.  How inclined would you be to give this man access to your medical records?  What might someone like that do with the information?

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 01:08:28 PM »
He had unprotected sexual intercourse with her telling her that he couldn't father children when obviously that wasn't the case, so if her health issues make it more risky for her to have a baby, what would her option be if it was up to the man whether or not she should carry a baby for nine months?

I didn't know about that.  I don't alway's read everything properly.  My point about a father rights  relates to just the topic in general,  and not really that
couple.  If you take the stalkers, freaks and nutters out the equation then i just think men have a particularly big and nasty pil to swallow if their child is aborted due to change
of plan etc. 

Anyway i must have misread some of this,  or missed something,  as the story keeps changing - like the girl's age etc.   :dunno:   I think i am mixing it up with something else.
 :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

blah blah blah

midlifeaspie

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
Just to throw a new argument at the "it's the mother's call if she wants to carry a child to term" line of argument - 35 states in the US have a "Fetal Homicide" law.  If the mother intentionally did something to herself that caused the death of the fetus after 7.5 months (usually) she can be convicted and sentenced.  In England the crime is called "Child Destruction" and is enforced at 24 weeks.  If the state has a call in whether or not she carries that fetus to term at a certain point, shouldn't the father as well?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 02:27:24 PM »
Woah woah woah

I'm not in any way condoning killing it at 7 months

What I'm saying only applies to legal abortions. early on. imo first trimester abortions are always ok, regardless of the reason or cirumcstances. and it should also be entirely private for the woman, not something anyone else should be entitled to know about

A woman shouldn't be terminating a pergnancy at 7 months

midlifeaspie

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »
Woah woah woah

What I'm saying only applies to legal abortions. early on. imo first trimester abortions are always ok, regardless of the reason or cirumcstances. and it should also be entirely private for the woman, not something anyone else should be entitled to know about

I know.  The argument is slightly hyperbolic, but still makes a point.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »
Woah woah woah

What if she can not afford it until then? What if the pregnancy will kill her if it goes any further?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 02:32:34 PM »
Woah woah woah

What if she can not afford it until then? What if the pregnancy will kill her if it goes any further?

Is she can't afford it until then she should go kill herself.  Or have the baby and put it up for adoption.
If the pregnancy will kill her if it continues they would induce labor.  A 7.5 month old fetus is viable.  Not at 24 weeks though, so that becomes a curious argument in England.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 02:34:02 PM »
If she can't afford it till then then I dunno what she can do. Even that doesn't justify an abortion at 7 months though. Even if you had to pawn all your posessions or something she should find a way

What actually happens with homeless women who need an abortion btw? Or others who can't afford it?
Are there services available to them free of charge?

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 02:38:16 PM »
If she can't afford it till then then I dunno what she can do. Even that doesn't justify an abortion at 7 months though. Even if you had to pawn all your posessions or something she should find a way

What actually happens with homeless women who need an abortion btw? Or others who can't afford it?

I do not think there are free abortion services on this side of the pond because of the pro-life lobby. However, I would think it would be more likely to happen in Europe. (That's a good thing)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »

Not in the US.  The Republicans have done their best to cut off all funding that even looks like it might go next door to some place that provides abortions.  In America, poor people have lots of babies making lots of new poor people.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »
Over here I think it is funded by the NHS unless you go private, although I am not sure

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »

Not in the US.  The Republicans have done their best to cut off all funding that even looks like it might go next door to some place that provides abortions.  In America, poor people have lots of babies making lots of new poor people.

fucking pro-life cunts :facepalm2:

I would never have voted republican if I was a US citizen

(I don't just mean because of that lol, but that is definitely one retarded thing about them. bullshit conservative bollocks)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
Just to throw a new argument at the "it's the mother's call if she wants to carry a child to term" line of argument - 35 states in the US have a "Fetal Homicide" law.  If the mother intentionally did something to herself that caused the death of the fetus after 7.5 months (usually) she can be convicted and sentenced.  In England the crime is called "Child Destruction" and is enforced at 24 weeks.  If the state has a call in whether or not she carries that fetus to term at a certain point, shouldn't the father as well?

That is a very good point.  I was unaware of those laws.   I think it must be awful for some expectant Dad's who go through this.  The longer into the pregnancy the worse it must be.
I can imagine the possibility of some going to the trouble of decorating nursery,  making a crib etc.... now that really sucks!

From my own observations i think the whole thing surrounding pregnancy must be very strange for the Dad- to-be.   I think they are expected to act a certain way over certain things, which must be difficult as they have no real control over events.  If they allow you to breathe it could be viewed as 'they don't care'  and if they pamper you then guaranteed someone will
say 'he is being overprotective' -  it must be a tough time for some!
blah blah blah

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »
The argument with the pro-life lobby is that all they want to do is get the child out of the mother, but they don't give a fuck about what happens afterwards.