Author Topic: Argue here  (Read 3834 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Argue here
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
I wasnt really reading any of those threads. Maybe I should before I make an opinion on the whole situation, but I cant be bothered. What is the primary issue in a few sentences ?

Well, he and MLA had been arguing and Benji hinted that he might post screenshots of the Elder's Forum outside the board if he was de-eldered. Blackmail, in other words.

He was called out on this and assured to me that he wouldn't do such a thing.

A day or two later he did. He hinted he might post information from his PMs with CG to prove some point or another, in spite of CG not being involved in anything at all, apart from having exchanged PMs with him.

There's more, of course, and if you look back a year or more, Benji showed much of the same behaviour before leaving here. He wants this thing to be about people here to gang up on him, on Penty, etc, about bullying and such, and to be honest they are not that unlike each other because very little is ever their fault. It's always someone else.

Basically, Benji's been busy proving that he'd sell his own mother if there was something to gain.

Lol.  Forum wars don't resmeble real life.  So you'd rather I was like your little lap dogs and not threaten to post something private, lets say like their email address or picture on another website, or twitter, you'd rather I just did it?  Get your head out of the sand dickhead.

Dear little benji, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that forum wars do not resemble real life, which is why I limit myself to judging your online behaviour. Quite honestly that behaviour is an internet lowlife's, the kind of internet tough guy's joked about again and again. You know the type I'm sure.

Anyone can be a cunt online at times. It happens to me, it happens to everybody. What I've found is that those who always come off as cunts are like that in real life, too. They just can't help themselves. There's a big difference between this and real life, sure, but there are things that you don't do in either if you want to retain some sort of respect. Can you guess what those things are (and yes, I'm talking about your behaviour, specifically)?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2011, 10:49:01 AM »
Bodie -

Nobody has ever said you are in a relationship with Benji or that you have feelings for Benji.  What I said was he picks a single female member and goes to work on her.  By "working his magic" on you I mean that he is engaging in thoughtful and intelligent conversation with you in PM, something that even you have to admit he is certainly not doing anywhere else on the boards, or in PM with anyone else either.

And it appears to be working inasmuch as he has you convinced that I2 is a group of bullies who gang up on certain members, or at least you say so to him directly when you plus his karma:

bodaccea (+406/-8)   benjimanbreeg (+103/-38)   +   you against a bandwagon   In topic   May 19, 2011, 03:04:44 PM

OK just so I can follow this.
I presumed that the person here who is the "new piece of meat" or whatever is going on in signatures over there on WP was you
So I inferred that your comments about who Benji was "apparently" working magic on was you.
I further assumed that Bodie of the wrong end of the stick in what she saw was a diorect reference made to her as being "influenced by Benji and "worked on" or whatever.
Is this actually really the case? You were thinking that Bodie was in fact being influenced by Benji on the basis that she saw a bit of a gang up or pile on?
If so not only do I REALLY disagree and not see it but I think it is pretty presumptuous.
From her perspective and her opinion if she sees a lot of people getting down on Benji individually and at the same time it will look like a ganging up regardless of whether it is or not. Whether she says on the board or by PM or in a karma description, it sounds like her opinion.
What you insinuated is that she has been "groomed or coached or led" by Benji and formed this opinion which differs to you (and me for that matter) by Benji.
THAT is something that you probably need to back.
The relationship or whatever? Nah I think you did not allude THAT far but you did allude to him "grooming or coaching or leading" her. Different opinion and perspective or not, I think you draw a fairly long string on this one and I would be keen to see how you back the insinuation.

Simply put. From what little I know of Bodie I doubt this is the case and i think you are unlikely to be able to back this. I would like to see you explain this though.

Maybe there was a reason why it seemed like the whole site was coming down on him? It's not about following the crowd, it's about calling out someone who's been behaving like a cunt, again and again.  You have the right to your opinion, obviously, but it seems to me that you are ignoring any behaviour that goes against your picture of him.

People think i'm a cunt, and people think you're a cunt.  Kapeesh?  This is an internet forum, i'm not gonna talk about flowers and fairgrounds.

I would hope you fucking didn't  :laugh:

My take (Simply put)

* You can be pretty fucking funny, witty and insightful  :thumbup:
* You can be a complete asshat (and all that entails) :thumbdn:
* You are shit at backing yourself and make a lot of generalisations and allusions and seem to skew things all kinds of fanciful ways  :thumbdn:
* You do defend yourself and don't run from what is put to you  :thumbup:

Overall? Meh...no real problem.
A lot of people think that I write a lot, am an arsehole, have silly values and argue over fuck all. They may be right.
That said I expect people will pull me up when they think I am in the wrong and I don't have an issue here and i expect that if I think others are in the wrong that I will take it to them too. It doesn't matter to me if i take an unpopular stance and get attacked for it. Nor do I feel bad taking it to someone making an unpopular stance regardless of what others do.

I won't agree with you with everything you say Benji and i will likely argue with you a bit. No biggie.

Well midwfie said you always say it how it is, so that must all be true  :orly:  I don't think anyone's opinion of me is valid though, not even my own.  We need paranoidms elle to use her cereal box degree in psychology and analyze me  :thumbup:

I have no idea what you are saying here...again.
Are you saying that it MUST be true BECAUSE MLA says so? If so why?
Are you saying that it MUST be true AND he says so? If so why?
Are you saying you believe it to be so and you note he agrees on this and you are talking shorthand?

Sarcasm les, sarcasm.  And as for midwife, he's squirming again.   
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2011, 10:53:58 AM »
Maybe so but I still have no idea what you meant. Pretend for a second that I am a Spazz and that you need to humour me and spell out what yu actually mean.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2011, 10:57:32 AM »
He isn't very good at expressing himself. I know that people seem to think he is witty but I just don't see it. Doesn't mean it isn't there, of course, but I do question his literacy at times.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2011, 10:58:03 AM »
I don't give a fuck about the "following the crowd" or "not folloing the crowd." It means absolutely fuck all to me

If someone here likes someone else who is unpopular,, great. Whatever. I don't give a shit.

I like unpopular people here too. I also dislike some unpopular people, like some popular peoople and dislike some popular people.

It's no big achievement to like someone who everyone else seems to dislike

Especially if you make a big deal out of the fact that you like this poor unliked person

Just like who you like and don't like who ou don't like.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2011, 10:58:32 AM »
I wasnt really reading any of those threads. Maybe I should before I make an opinion on the whole situation, but I cant be bothered. What is the primary issue in a few sentences ?

Well, he and MLA had been arguing and Benji hinted that he might post screenshots of the Elder's Forum outside the board if he was de-eldered. Blackmail, in other words.

He was called out on this and assured to me that he wouldn't do such a thing.

A day or two later he did. He hinted he might post information from his PMs with CG to prove some point or another, in spite of CG not being involved in anything at all, apart from having exchanged PMs with him.

There's more, of course, and if you look back a year or more, Benji showed much of the same behaviour before leaving here. He wants this thing to be about people here to gang up on him, on Penty, etc, about bullying and such, and to be honest they are not that unlike each other because very little is ever their fault. It's always someone else.

Basically, Benji's been busy proving that he'd sell his own mother if there was something to gain.

Lol.  Forum wars don't resmeble real life.  So you'd rather I was like your little lap dogs and not threaten to post something private, lets say like their email address or picture on another website, or twitter, you'd rather I just did it?  Get your head out of the sand dickhead.

Dear little benji, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that forum wars do not resemble real life, which is why I limit myself to judging your online behaviour. Quite honestly that behaviour is an internet lowlife's, the kind of internet tough guy's joked about again and again. You know the type I'm sure.

Anyone can be a cunt online at times. It happens to me, it happens to everybody. What I've found is that those who always come off as cunts are like that in real life, too. They just can't help themselves. There's a big difference between this and real life, sure, but there are things that you don't do in either if you want to retain some sort of respect. Can you guess what those things are (and yes, I'm talking about your behaviour, specifically)?

I'm not looking for respect.  I think you and some of your followers are self righteous little cunts.  Don't you ban people for making fun of your family, but are fine to make fun of other people's families or lack of one?  You're not far wrong though, i'm happy to be a cunt to people I don't like in real life.  Like a bunch of chavs, i'm happy to take them on, on my own.  If I saw fox hunting taking place, i'd put myself in the firing line to protect it.  Where as your type would probably join in with the hunters, or the chavs to avoid getting attacked.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2011, 10:59:29 AM »
Fox hunting is fucking disgusting. Posh cunts

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
Maybe so but I still have no idea what you meant. Pretend for a second that I am a Spazz and that you need to humour me and spell out what yu actually mean.

I was just making a point to midwife.  Cause he said you always tell it how it is, after you said he was a good bloke.  I wonder if he'd have said such a thing if you said he was a ginger prick  ::)  He's a weasel.  So according to him, you always tell it how it is.  By you having some good things to say about me, goes against what he says about me, meaning he's wrong, well according to him anyway  :zoinks:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2011, 11:03:59 AM »
He isn't very good at expressing himself. I know that people seem to think he is witty but I just don't see it. Doesn't mean it isn't there, of course, but I do question his literacy at times.

For a sarcastic twat, like yourself.  You seem to have a lot of trouble detecting sarcasm, or when someone's speaking with tongue in cheek.  Aspie trait I know.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »
I don't give a fuck about the "following the crowd" or "not folloing the crowd." It means absolutely fuck all to me

If someone here likes someone else who is unpopular,, great. Whatever. I don't give a shit.

I like unpopular people here too. I also dislike some unpopular people, like some popular peoople and dislike some popular people.

It's no big achievement to like someone who everyone else seems to dislike

Especially if you make a big deal out of the fact that you like this poor unliked person

Just like who you like and don't like who ou don't like.

I agree there, cause you didn't really jump on the sol bandwagon, I remember you agreeing with some of the stuff he said. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2011, 11:06:34 AM »
Foxes here are vermin. Mangy disease ridden things. Not that plentiful but you see the occasional roadkill. Farmers shoot on sight. My family is all rural. Foxes, Rabbits and Roos. All shoot to kill.

BTW I was not aware Odeon had followers. I knew he has members on the site he runs and some people that were members who were well disposed to him or at least think he is OK. Followers though is a different kettle of fish entirely. Who are his followers?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2011, 11:09:31 AM »

For a sarcastic twat, like yourself.  You seem to have a lot of trouble detecting sarcasm, or when someone's speaking with tongue in cheek.  Aspie trait I know.

There's your reading comprehension problem, right there. It's not about sarcasm or speaking tongue in cheek (both of which you suck at, quite frankly), it's about expressing yourself clearly so others won't have to ask you what you meant.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »
Now Boddi, show midwife for the tosser he is, and tell him who messaged who  :zoinks:

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.  She has messaged me as well, does that mean I too am as special as you?  It seems to me that she doesn't want to be dragged into this.

And I am no "Alpha Male", far too spazzy to even try.  :autism:

OK, maybe the term "Alpha Male" is objectionable.  What I mean is a little more subtle than that.

Have you ever noticed male puppies humping one another?  

It's not that the puppies are really homosexual; it's about establishing dominance in the pack.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
Shooting too kill isn't the same as making a sport out of chasing them across the country though

I just don't get how anyone can enjoy hunting tbh

I know it's kinda hypocritical as i eat meat. although only chicken lol

I would never enjoy killing any defenseless animal though, and certainly wouldn't turn it into a sport

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2011, 11:16:27 AM »
Now Boddi, show midwife for the tosser he is, and tell him who messaged who  :zoinks:

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.  She has messaged me as well, does that mean I too am as special as you?  It seems to me that she doesn't want to be dragged into this.

And I am no "Alpha Male", far too spazzy to even try.  :autism:

OK, maybe the term "Alpha Male" is objectionable.  What I mean is a little more subtle than that.

Have you ever noticed male puppies humping one another? 

It's not that the puppies are really homosexual; it's about establishing dominance in the pack.

You think that MLA and Benji are "even metaphorically dry-humping" each other? To establish who is the Alpha Male here?
Oh shit.....what is thought can not be unthought.....aaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!

Besides we all know that the Alpha Male at I2 is .............................

Dirtdawg.