Author Topic: Riva Ritvo/Ritvo Clinic  (Read 8837 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: Riva Ritvo/Ritvo Clinic
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2011, 09:21:15 PM »
Well do you not think it was at least a tad suspicious at first?

Not really, no.  :dunno:

Ok then , but I still don't see how I was "bashing" him.  :dunno:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

midlifeaspie

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »

Ok then , but I still don't see how I was "bashing" him.  :dunno:

Me either.  He is taking much worse over at WP.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
Maybe it's a matter of perspective. I came to the thread out of the blue after having not spent a lot of time around here, and was surprised by how suspicious people were, when it seemed like all the guy was doing was asking for information which could end up helping people on the autism spectrum. I2 is generally pretty anti-bullshit and full of level-headed people, compared to the other autism forums, but I guess there's still a good deal of enmity against NT's.

I can only imagine what must be going on at WP.

Gah, now I feel all academic. I've been gone too long.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »
If thats the case I'd like to see exactly how I was "bashing" on Kahn.

The level of suspicion was striking.

I thought bashing = personal attacks anyway?  ???

Personal attacks are acceptable, as long as they're true.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »

I was curious that the first site he posted on was I2. It doesn't seem to be a forum that many people outside the community know about. Other than that, he didn't seem suspicious.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline kahns

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2011, 11:00:53 PM »
Bashing on Kahn? Hardly. I have no problem with having him research a possible article here, but I also won't treat him differently from other members. Like anyone else, he'll have to prove himself, not the other way around.

Eh, it doesn't matter anyway. I emailed the dude and he's not interested enough to broaden the story into a spectrum advocacy piece, he just cares about dirt on the one woman. Had to give it a try though.

I appreciate your writing and am interested in looking at the person you gave me. I can only focus on one thing at a time though, and I'm not even sure yet that Riva Ritvo really is a story.....only that she falsified credentials and advertised aggressively for a clinic. Thanks again.

P7PSP

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2011, 11:31:49 PM »
Maybe it's a matter of perspective. I came to the thread out of the blue after having not spent a lot of time around here, and was surprised by how suspicious people were, when it seemed like all the guy was doing was asking for information which could end up helping people on the autism spectrum. I2 is generally pretty anti-bullshit and full of level-headed people, compared to the other autism forums, but I guess there's still a good deal of enmity against NT's.

Perhaps if kahns had taken the time to say hi and get to know people I would not have had that attitude. I come here to relax and fuck off time. When people come to my door to sell religion or magazine subscriptions I'm not real courteous either. Not everyone sees a tv camera crew and starts jumping up and down to get on tv, I sure don't. I have a low opinion of reporters in general anyway. That is a general statement kahns, I don't know you well enough to direct it at you specifically.

Offline kahns

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2011, 11:48:09 PM »
Ha. Point taken, PPK.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2011, 03:51:06 AM »
Bashing on Kahn? Hardly. I have no problem with having him research a possible article here, but I also won't treat him differently from other members. Like anyone else, he'll have to prove himself, not the other way around.

Eh, it doesn't matter anyway. I emailed the dude and he's not interested enough to broaden the story into a spectrum advocacy piece, he just cares about dirt on the one woman. Had to give it a try though.

I suspected as much.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2011, 03:53:01 AM »

Actually I couldn't care less about his status on the spectrum. What I did care about was the perceived holes in his motives. Agreed, those might say more about me than about him, but I can live with that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2011, 07:17:59 AM »

TBH, I didn't even think he was NT , I was just suspicious of him as a troll if I'm honest.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2011, 07:22:49 AM »
but I guess there's still a good deal of enmity against NT's.

NTs? What does that have to do with it? A couple of the regulars here are NTs themselves.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2011, 07:46:17 AM »
Cool.

Well he didn't read as troll to me. Now I'm thinking not troll, not friend, just opportunist.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

P7PSP

« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2011, 01:47:50 AM »
but I guess there's still a good deal of enmity against NT's.

NTs? What does that have to do with it? A couple of the regulars here are NTs themselves.
:agreed: I don't care if someone is autistic or not.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2011, 02:55:14 AM »
Agreed.  As one of the 'undiagnosed'.  :screwy: 

At my health centre,  where there are several GP's,  one of them thinks it worthwhile  to refer me to get a diagnosis, 
but the older one who has seen my family for years thinks it's  'poppycock'!!! :dunno:

When i do these online tests (probably shouldn't pay these too much attention)  they all say 'aspergers'

People around me,  who know me well,  would all say i am not NT.

My little boy is diagnosed ASD.  When i had his diagnosis it occurred to me that increases the likelihood
for myself too.  I chose not to have the referral.  I have got it into my head (i have no real reason for this) that
it might prove detremental to me,  having a kid, and that it might be used by them (the authorities) to
interfere or monitor me somehow if i was diagnosed with aspergers.  Probably just paranoia.  I got no
evidence to suggest this, but as i am having a big row on 'them' about schooling i think i will stay
as NT as i can!

Read somewhere recently (can't link as can't recall where from)  that in the UK the number of kids getting
a diagnosis is now 1 in 86

1 in 86 school age children with a diagnosis of ASD

I am sure when i first looked into this it was 1 in 150

I also read in the same document that there is a growing trend for parents to try and get a diagnosis
for their kids just so they are able to explain their bad behaviour!!

You know so they don't have to look like 'bad parents'
"oh little Jimmy? no he is not being naughty, he can't help it, HE IS AUTISTIC you know"

I don't really know what to make of it,  i guess it could account for the increase.
blah blah blah