Author Topic: man wakes up to find dog had eaten three of his toes!!  (Read 286 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
man wakes up to find dog had eaten three of his toes!!
« on: March 11, 2011, 05:08:18 AM »
ROSEBURG, Ore. - A dog ate three of his owner's toes as the diabetic man slept, most likely out of instinct to help remove diseased flesh, animal experts say.

James Little, 61, called 911 on Tuesday to say his dog had eaten the body parts while he was sleeping. He told The Associated Press on Friday that he is "doing fine."

Little suffers from diabetes, of which one symptom is numbness in the hands or feet.

The dog, a Shiba Inu, was acting on its instinct to remove diseased flesh and does not appear to be dangerous, said Douglas County Animal Control Deputy Lee Bartholomew.

Dogs have been known to eat dead or diseased human flesh. A family's dog in Illinois ate the toes off a 10-year-old girl's left foot while she slept last December. She had a sore on her foot.

In August, a dog in Michigan bit off most of its owner's infected big toe after the man passed out from alcohol. The man had diabetes, and the animal was apparently attracted to a festering wound.

Little has given up ownership of his dog, putting it up for adoption pending an examination and a standard 10-day quarantine to determine it does not have rabies, Bartholomew said.

"We are going to find a new home for it," Bartholomew said.

The dog was taken to Roseburg's Saving Grace Pet Adoption Center, where executive director Wendy Kang said the animal is healthy but appears anxious.

Little was in fair condition at a hospital and expected to be released later Friday.

[url][http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2011/03/02/20110302oregon-dog-eats-toes-of-man.html  /url]

I bet he is just glad he hadnt had a wee wee in the night and left his tinky winky out :zombiefuck:
blah blah blah

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: man wakes up to find dog had eaten three of his toes!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 05:48:52 AM »
...and he actually slept through this? Damn.  :zombiefuck:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 05:51:26 AM »
...and he actually slept through this? Damn.  :zombiefuck:

Probaby because of the numbness in his feet due to nerve damage from the diabetes.  :(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:03:52 AM »
I bet he is just glad he hadnt had a wee wee in the night and left his tinky winky out :zombiefuck:

so THATS why scrap won't show his tinky winky!  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 06:42:06 AM »
ROSEBURG, Ore. - A dog ate three of his owner's toes as the diabetic man slept, most likely out of instinct to help remove diseased flesh, animal experts say.

James Little, 61, called 911 on Tuesday to say his dog had eaten the body parts while he was sleeping. He told The Associated Press on Friday that he is "doing fine."

Little suffers from diabetes, of which one symptom is numbness in the hands or feet.

The dog, a Shiba Inu, was acting on its instinct to remove diseased flesh and does not appear to be dangerous, said Douglas County Animal Control Deputy Lee Bartholomew.

Dogs have been known to eat dead or diseased human flesh. A family's dog in Illinois ate the toes off a 10-year-old girl's left foot while she slept last December. She had a sore on her foot.

In August, a dog in Michigan bit off most of its owner's infected big toe after the man passed out from alcohol. The man had diabetes, and the animal was apparently attracted to a festering wound.

Little has given up ownership of his dog, putting it up for adoption pending an examination and a standard 10-day quarantine to determine it does not have rabies, Bartholomew said.

The dog was taken to Roseburg's Saving Grace Pet Adoption Center, where executive director Wendy Kang said the animal is healthy but appears anxious.

Little was in fair condition at a hospital and expected to be released later Friday.

[url][http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2011/03/02/20110302oregon-dog-eats-toes-of-man.html  /url]

I read this, and I think how my uncle would have loved to have had this very dog.
He complained a lot about hospital not taking as much tissue as they should, when they shortened his diabetic feet a bit more. He was the kind of man who wanted to watch every op on his feet too. I do miss that guy.
And had they taken more, he might still be alive.  :-\
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 06:52:45 AM »

I read this, and I think how my uncle would have loved to have had this very dog.
He complained a lot about hospital not taking as much tissue as they should, when they shortened his diabetic feet a bit more. He was the kind of man who wanted to watch every op on his feet too. I do miss that guy.
And had they taken more, he might still be alive.  :-\

Hyke, I'm so sorry about your uncle and all he suffered.  :(  :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

TheoK

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »
I must have morbid humour. I find this hilarious.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »
I must have morbid humour. I find this hilarious.

I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked!!  :o
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.