Educational

Author Topic: just wondering?  (Read 1869 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
just wondering?
« on: February 05, 2011, 05:30:20 AM »
why does everyone hate WP  so much???
blah blah blah

TheoK

Re: just wondering?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:36:25 AM »
Because they're a bunch of whiners and the owner is a psychopath.

P7PSP

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 05:42:39 AM »
I don't hate it, I just don't go there very often anymore.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 07:10:04 AM »
I have been banned from there a number of times. Probably for good reason.
I go there. Troll. Make people laugh or cry. Then I forget about it for a while.
I like to call it character building. In these terms it is noble and well meaning. Actually I have not been back a while. Quatermass is no longer a mod huh? I should go back and visit him now he has no power to make stupid mod decisions and has no power to ban me. We could be friends and joke about old times. We could laugh and laugh.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 07:18:17 AM »
why does everyone hate WP  so much???

I don't hate it, exactly. 

A lot of members here were banned from there for very silly reasons and others here spent a great deal of effort trying to help Alex run the place, only to eventually become completely disgusted with him.  Odeon was banned for comparing WP to a bad daytime soap opera, for example.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 07:31:36 AM »
ok, thanks.  i understand a little better now.  not been into forums before and i found wp and thought it was cool,  then i found you guys and i havent been back to wp since.!!  no real reason except this site is better and a smaller number of members.

as a newbie though, it was apparent that many didn't like wp, also that there are two members who aren't very popular, and that whining is a no no.   

the last one i agree with,  the second one is none of my business, and now you have answered the first one!  thank you
blah blah blah

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 07:38:21 AM »
WP is full of whiners, dishonesty and overly sensitive mods. How are people going to get support when they don't recieve criticism?

Sadly a lot of forums are like WP.

Osensitive1

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 08:05:15 AM »
whining is a no no.  
Not really, it just has its place. There's a serious discussion forum here to whine with reprieve.

WP is a good site with a lot of good information.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 10:04:36 AM »
Anyone who would like to pay homage to QM the last of the awful mods there who managed to avoid being fired like his contemporaries somehow, there is a thread

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt150386.html

I have written a few words and hope that he receives them in the utmost respect and reverence that is afforded to him.

I think they were still kinder than these ones

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf118643-0-105.html
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 10:19:58 AM »
Anyone who would like to pay homage to QM the last of the awful mods there who managed to avoid being fired like his contemporaries somehow, there is a thread

I have written a few words and hope that he receives them in the utmost respect and reverence that is afforded to him.

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD  that is so funny!!!  that was a very dry, whitty, sarcastic goodbye.  hope he deserved it   :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 11:41:49 AM »
The moderation there can definitely be annoying. Like sometimes I see something and wanna reply, but the fuckingthread has just been locked because people were arguing. wtf.

The good thing about it though is there's always new posts. There's also a really hot blonde there too

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 12:08:09 PM »

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD  that is so funny!!!  that was a very dry, whitty, sarcastic goodbye.  hope he deserved it   :zoinks:

They must've deleted that comment already.  :-\ The overmoderation and censorship at WP will never end.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 12:26:30 PM »
I posted in there. He still has no idea it is me (soph). He said I'm not allowed back when richard asked  :LOL:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 01:40:50 PM »

:(

Your first post has already disappeared.  Do you have a copy you could repost here or in the Re-posted forum?

I remember the second one.  Of course Qatermass promptly locked the thread as soon as he got his "mod powers" back.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »
There has been a history about WP and unfortunately a majority of us had the dirty works from the corrupted moderators, other than that I guess its useful to rant about random crap on there? :M
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks: