Educational

Author Topic: Pentagram Razorbeard dog photos here  (Read 1763 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Pentagram Razorbeard dog photos here
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 09:46:04 PM »
I don't have a laptop and probably won't get one.

I use mine everywhere and take it with me to work at times I find it very convenient
It makes sense for you as an independent contractor. For me it would just encourage me to fuck off even more time on the internet when I am not at home.

That's what I use it for  I mean yes as a contractor I need it for work

:plus:   You are awesome!  :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
I have one of those coffee tables that can serve as a desk (top swings up), I have it on a laptop cooler on there.

Laptop overheats (older IBM Thinkpad) and will shut itself down, so I bought a Cooler Master laptop cooler/stand with 2 fans mounted on the bottom, so far working out wonderful, keeps it happy.

Only had the cooler stand a month though and one of the fans bit the dust a few days ago, spliced in one of my own in it's place from my parts bin. The stand design is nice, keeps it at an angle/easier to type, the fans it came with are shit.
Get one of those Hollywood windstorm fans. That will cool the motherfucker.  :viking:

DukeNukem

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 11:27:41 PM »
As someone who knows a little bit about computers, I feel obligated to tell everyone that laptops are generally more expensive and perform worse than the equivalent desktop computer.

No exceptions whatsoever. And even if there was (such a laptop), it would definitely be a piece of shit that breaks more easily than Soph's girly balls. :wanker:

And also, ANYONE who buys one of them so-called, overpriced "gaming laptops" are truly fucking idiots. No exceptions either.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:29:48 PM by Pentagram »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 12:04:06 AM »
I have a netbook (probably worse than a laptop, Pentagram?) and I have one of those portable tables with the beanbag underneath. I got it for my birthday the year I started uni. It has been really useful.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 03:43:43 AM »
As someone who knows a little bit about computers, I feel obligated to tell everyone that laptops are generally more expensive and perform worse than the equivalent desktop computer.

No exceptions whatsoever. And even if there was (such a laptop), it would definitely be a piece of shit that breaks more easily than Soph's girly balls. :wanker:

And also, ANYONE who buys one of them so-called, overpriced "gaming laptops" are truly fucking idiots. No exceptions either.

As someone who's seen his share of idiots, I feel obligated to tell you that you are an idiot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

DukeNukem

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 07:29:31 AM »

As someone who's seen his share of idiots, I feel obligated to tell you that you are an idiot.

Okay, then...

Find me a pre-built laptop under $1,000 whose overall performance is equal to or superior to my desktop computer.

Here's my computer specs-

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (dualcore 2.5Ghz)
Memory: 3GB DDR2 RAM
HDD: 320 GB
Graphics: EVGA-branded Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB (will be upgraded to 460 GTX 768MB soon)

Would be easy enough... if it weren't for my dedicated graphics card. :zoinks:

And as far as the "take it with you" issue goes, I have an Asus eee PC netbook, so there goes that argument.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 07:56:43 AM »

Okay, then...

Find me a pre-built laptop under $1,000 whose overall performance is equal to or superior to my desktop computer.

Graphics: EVGA-branded Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB (will be upgraded to 460 GTX 768MB soon)

And as far as the "take it with you" issue goes, I have an Asus eee PC netbook, so there goes that argument.

Mine is the same except the graphics card which I don't need as I really don't play games mostly just internet stuff and work and with wireless I can do that most places in town.  I even took it with me to Las Vegas try that with your computer
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 08:29:57 AM »
I definately prefer my desktop performance & reliability wise, but the laptop is portable. 

It really depends on what you do with them, I can't throw my desktop in the truck & take it with when I need it.

If you just surf the internet, check your email, & download a couple of files every now & then a laptop is fine, & comes in handy if you need something portable for work. Massive downloading, burning, games & graphics are much better handled with a desktop IMO.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »
Proving that he is an idiot, once again... I give you the one and only... Pentagwam: :zoinks:

Okay, then...

Do you understand what this thread is about? Do you understand why one might choose a laptop instead of a desktop? Who ties your shoelaces every morning?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

DukeNukem

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 04:36:44 PM »
Proving that he is an idiot, once again... I give you the one and only... Pentagwam: :zoinks:

Okay, then...

Do you understand what this thread is about? Do you understand why one might choose a laptop instead of a desktop? Who ties your shoelaces every morning?

In my opinion, if you need more computing power than what a typical netbook can provide, then buy a fucking desktop. It's usually cheaper and better to have both a rather powerful desktop AND a cheap laptop, then investing in a high-end laptop that might fall short of your performance expectations and only last 1 and an half hour unplugged.

Do the fucking math. Do you really need to play Crysis or video editing everywhere you go?

P7PSP

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »
In my opinion, if you need more computing power than what a typical netbook can provide, then buy a fucking desktop. It's usually cheaper and better to have both a rather powerful desktop AND a cheap laptop, then investing in a high-end laptop that might fall short of your performance expectations and only last 1 and an half hour unplugged.

Do the fucking math. Do you really need to play Crysis or video editing everywhere you go?
What makes you think that everyone suffers the same financial constraints that you do? Perhaps someone doesn't need to play a silly video game at all. Does that lack of need mean they shouldn't play the game if they want to play the game? I have a pistol that cost 3 months of your disability checks. I didn't need it, but I wanted it and I have it.  :finger:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »

Okay, then...

With the exception of the graphics card, that sounds like my daughter's laptop, purchased from Best Buy for less than $500.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 11:26:50 PM »
I wish I had Windows 7, I am still stuck with XP.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 02:13:19 AM »

Be careful what you wish for, renaeden.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 02:23:18 AM »

Be careful what you wish for, renaeden.
Well I had Vista on my old PC (which is sadly dead now) and I liked that, had no problems at all with it. It is doubtful I will get Windows 7 installed on my netbook, it is probably too big.
Tek'ma'tae