Author Topic: Pentagram Razorbeard dog photos here  (Read 1745 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Pentagram Razorbeard dog photos here
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 02:47:51 AM »
Proving that he is an idiot, once again... I give you the one and only... Pentagwam: :zoinks:

As someone who knows a little bit about computers, I feel obligated to tell everyone that laptops are generally more expensive and perform worse than the equivalent desktop computer.

No exceptions whatsoever. And even if there was (such a laptop), it would definitely be a piece of shit that breaks more easily than Soph's girly balls. :wanker:

And also, ANYONE who buys one of them so-called, overpriced "gaming laptops" are truly fucking idiots. No exceptions either.

As someone who's seen his share of idiots, I feel obligated to tell you that you are an idiot.

Okay, then...

Find me a pre-built laptop under $1,000 whose overall performance is equal to or superior to my desktop computer.

Here's my computer specs-

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (dualcore 2.5Ghz)
Memory: 3GB DDR2 RAM
HDD: 320 GB
Graphics: EVGA-branded Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB (will be upgraded to 460 GTX 768MB soon)

Would be easy enough... if it weren't for my dedicated graphics card. :zoinks:

And as far as the "take it with you" issue goes, I have an Asus eee PC netbook, so there goes that argument.

Do you understand what this thread is about? Do you understand why one might choose a laptop instead of a desktop? Who ties your shoelaces every morning?

In my opinion, if you need more computing power than what a typical netbook can provide, then buy a fucking desktop. It's usually cheaper and better to have both a rather powerful desktop AND a cheap laptop, then investing in a high-end laptop that might fall short of your performance expectations and only last 1 and an half hour unplugged.

Do the fucking math. Do you really need to play Crysis or video editing everywhere you go?

In my opinion, you are still a fucking idiot. You did not get what this thread is about, did you?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 03:37:59 AM »
Proving that he is an idiot, once again... I give you the one and only... Pentagwam: :zoinks:

As someone who knows a little bit about computers, I feel obligated to tell everyone that laptops are generally more expensive and perform worse than the equivalent desktop computer.

No exceptions whatsoever. And even if there was (such a laptop), it would definitely be a piece of shit that breaks more easily than Soph's girly balls. :wanker:

And also, ANYONE who buys one of them so-called, overpriced "gaming laptops" are truly fucking idiots. No exceptions either.

As someone who's seen his share of idiots, I feel obligated to tell you that you are an idiot.

Okay, then...

Find me a pre-built laptop under $1,000 whose overall performance is equal to or superior to my desktop computer.

Here's my computer specs-

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (dualcore 2.5Ghz)
Memory: 3GB DDR2 RAM
HDD: 320 GB
Graphics: EVGA-branded Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB (will be upgraded to 460 GTX 768MB soon)

Would be easy enough... if it weren't for my dedicated graphics card. :zoinks:

And as far as the "take it with you" issue goes, I have an Asus eee PC netbook, so there goes that argument.

Do you understand what this thread is about? Do you understand why one might choose a laptop instead of a desktop? Who ties your shoelaces every morning?

In my opinion, if you need more computing power than what a typical netbook can provide, then buy a fucking desktop. It's usually cheaper and better to have both a rather powerful desktop AND a cheap laptop, then investing in a high-end laptop that might fall short of your performance expectations and only last 1 and an half hour unplugged.

Do the fucking math. Do you really need to play Crysis or video editing everywhere you go?

In my opinion, you are still a fucking idiot. You did not get what this thread is about, did you?

as far as i can tell the thread was started asking how you work on your laptops, for the record i personally lay in bed with it on my lap. it is called a LAPTOP for a reason after all

also i choose a laptop as its close to a desktops power with anything but gaming and movie editing... but if i really needed to do those things i would build a desktop.

for the record odeon im sure you could build that desktop with double the ram for way under 1000$ CAD. so that makes it between 1080$ and 980$ us depending on the markets

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 04:04:27 AM »
I don't give a shit about how much or little it would cost to build a desktop with whatever specs. It was never what this thread was about.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

DukeNukem

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »
I wish I had Windows 7, I am still stuck with XP.

Be careful what you wish for, renaeden.
Well I had Vista on my old PC (which is sadly dead now) and I liked that, had no problems at all with it. It is doubtful I will get Windows 7 installed on my netbook, it is probably too big.

Your netbook is probably more than good enough to run Windows 7. On my netbook, it runs better than Windows XP.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
I remember playing UT2004 on my netbook, doesn't run bad at all.

DukeNukem

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 01:41:15 PM »
I don't give a shit about how much or little it would cost to build a desktop with whatever specs. It was never what this thread was about.

Of course. All it takes to come on here and insult me is some shitty old i486 computer with the Arachne browser on MS-DOS.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 01:48:44 PM »
It doesn't take a whole lot to insult you.

- Albert Einstein

DukeNukem

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 01:54:12 PM »

That is exactly what I said, moreon. :wanker:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »
Some people surfed with a c64, or even a Speccy. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 04:13:57 PM »

And they are all the wrong reasons. You really are an idiot.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 09:06:47 PM »
I wish I had Windows 7, I am still stuck with XP.

Be careful what you wish for, renaeden.
Well I had Vista on my old PC (which is sadly dead now) and I liked that, had no problems at all with it. It is doubtful I will get Windows 7 installed on my netbook, it is probably too big.

Your netbook is probably more than good enough to run Windows 7. On my netbook, it runs better than Windows XP.
I will keep that in mind. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

DukeNukem

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 09:08:51 PM »

And what are the wrong reasons, exactly?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 03:50:38 AM »

Sorry, not going there since that would require reading comprehension on your part.

- Albert Einstein

DukeNukem

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »

Sorry, not going there since that would require reading comprehension on your part.

This is supposed to be a forum, not a school! ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 02:20:59 PM »

This is supposed to be a forum, not a school! ::)

Which is why I won't bother.

- Albert Einstein