Author Topic: Things you will never "get" in life  (Read 4642 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Things you will never "get" in life
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2016, 06:00:02 AM »
I wouldn't do a cruise. No desire to be packed in like sardines or herded from one sanitized tourist trap to another. Plus the chances of getting gluten free food at the buffet would be slim to none.

And if your ship is attacked by pirates, your vacation just might be screwed!  :pirate:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2016, 06:01:22 AM »
Cruises are great if you like being on the water.  I have never slept so well as on a cruise.  The gentle rocking really did something for me.

So you didn't get seasick at all?  Did you have trouble adjusting to dry land afterward?  :popeye:

People forget.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »
Cruises are great if you like being on the water.  I have never slept so well as on a cruise.  The gentle rocking really did something for me.

So you didn't get seasick at all?  Did you have trouble adjusting to dry land afterward?  :popeye:

Yeah, it was weird.  Like after you spend all day skiing and you still feel like you are running down a mountain when you close your eyes.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2016, 05:48:59 AM »

Yeah, it was weird.  Like after you spend all day skiing and you still feel like you are running down a mountain when you close your eyes.

I ask because a few unfortunate people never readjust to dry land, and live with debilitating
   vertigo for a very long time after.  A friend of mine had that trouble years after a whale watch.  :(

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2016, 09:30:38 AM »

I ask because a few unfortunate people never readjust to dry land, and live with debilitating
   vertigo for a very long time after.  A friend of mine had that trouble years after a whale watch.  :(

I have trouble just riding elevators.  :P

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »

I have trouble just riding elevators.  :P

"I don't even like being this tall." --- Lt. Columbo  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »
  Fucking decorating.  All the little personal touches that people like to add to their homes.
  I'm a reforming hoarder/slob, and all I want is to get my space clean.  Decorating = cluttering
  in my mind.  I don't think I will ever buy another decorative thing in my life.  My living space is more
  like a bunker than a showplace.  It has to be clean, functional, and above all, easy to pack up and
  relocate from, should I get the opportunity.  I'm 50.  I feel my mortality.  I'll be damned if I'm
  gonna leave my brother and sister with a hoard to sort through if I predecease them.  Less is more!  :arrr:

People forget.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
  Fucking decorating.  All the little personal touches that people like to add to their homes.
  I'm a reforming hoarder/slob, and all I want is to get my space clean.  Decorating = cluttering
  in my mind.  I don't think I will ever buy another decorative thing in my life.  My living space is more
  like a bunker than a showplace.  It has to be clean, functional, and above all, easy to pack up and
  relocate from, should I get the opportunity.  I'm 50.  I feel my mortality.  I'll be damned if I'm
  gonna leave my brother and sister with a hoard to sort through if I predecease them.  Less is more!  :arrr:

Never understood decorating either, but grew up without stuff like that so more comfortable without it. Husband took it upon himself to decorate our previous home, maybe because I simply didn't or he thought I didn't know how, but his taste in décor isn't to my liking so didn't like it even though never really saying anything. Now the cleaning is his responsibility so he's developed a preference for my taste in aesthetics in our home now. Sterile and impersonal looking but very comfortable for both. Less is indeed more.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2016, 06:55:08 PM »

You can live a minimalist life by adding colour and patterns in your furnishings, rugs, drapes/curtains/shades, dishware, towels, etc.  Make your life colourful, not clutterful. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »
  "Skin hunger"/the supposedly universal human need for touch. 
         Didn't get that particular set of neurons.  :dunno:

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2016, 01:29:33 PM »
Turtle necks shirts/sweaters.

How do/did people actually wear those things?

My mother bought me one when I was about 10...no way in hell...not happening...never.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2016, 02:19:48 PM »

Some people never get seasick. I don't--I have never been seasick in my life.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2016, 03:26:16 PM »

You can live a minimalist life by adding colour and patterns in your furnishings, rugs, drapes/curtains/shades, dishware, towels, etc.  Make your life colourful, not clutterful.

Yes.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »
Turtle necks shirts/sweaters.

How do/did people actually wear those things?

My mother bought me one when I was about 10...no way in hell...not happening...never.

Did we have the same mother?

My turtle shirt was black, synthetic and was tight everywhere, not only around the neck.

horror.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2016, 03:34:29 PM »
Some people make this chuckling sound and put on a weird grin before saying hello.

I don't get it. It is totally weird and awkward IMO.