Author Topic: Are you warm blooded or cold blooded??  (Read 846 times)

Scrapheap

Are you warm blooded or cold blooded??
« on: January 27, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
I already know what your answer is Squiddy, you don't need to chime in. :razz:

I walked out my front door this morning to get something out of the car. I was just wearing a t-shirt and sweat pants (yes, I was Foxtrot Bravo). I didn't feel cold or anything, it felt a bit cool, like it was in the low 60's or something. I get back in the house, looked at the weather on the internet, then looked at the outside thermometer, it was 38 Deg F!!!

When I was younger, I was like a lizard, I loved the heat and it had to be over 115 deg before I felt hot. In the past few years however, it's swung the other way, I feel most comfortable at 60-65F.

Do you prefer the weather to be hot or cold??

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Are you warm blooded or cold blooded??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »
Cold. I mean I don't like extremes either way but really hot weather makes me feel ill and I get migraines more. Also when it's cold you can just put more clothes on, get in bed, put the heating on etc. When it's really hot it's inescapable

Scrapheap

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »
Cold. I mean I don't like extremes either way but really hot weather makes me feel ill and I get migraines more. Also when it's cold you can just put more clothes on, get in bed, put the heating on etc. When it's really hot it's inescapable

You live in England, you don't know what really hot is.  :P

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 10:16:16 AM »
I prefer about 20oC /70oF.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:21:23 AM »

Hey we do get some seriously hot weather in the summer sometimes :laugh: It's horrible though. I don't think we English are really cut out for that kinda weather - people drive badly when the weather's really hot. I think it goes to their heads lol

Scrapheap

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »

Hey we do get some seriously hot weather in the summer sometimes :laugh: It's horrible though. I don't think we English are really cut out for that kinda weather - people drive badly when the weather's really hot. I think it goes to their heads lol

You might be right. Kind of like when it rains in L.A., the accident rate quadruples!!

I've been out in the desert in 29 Palms when it's hit 125 deg F.  :o  :o  :o

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:53:58 AM »
Cold at least for work 40F is a nice temp for that.  The other day it was 5F all I wore to work was a hoodie and jeans with a light jacket over it.  Liking cold runs in my family though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 01:00:48 PM »
I like it hot. Not overly so, but I love being able to wear next to nothing and having the sun bake my ass a bit in the summer. The heat just feels so damn good.  :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »
We even considered moving North when we first got married but didn't due to lack of work in the areas we liked
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 01:15:04 PM »
England is just grey, all year round,  well we have grey-with-a bit-of-watery-sun season,  followed by grey-with-a-blast-of-cold-wind-and-snow season!  Personally i prefer it when it's sunny and warm, but i think the cold affects people more when they get older :lol:
blah blah blah

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 01:56:23 PM »
I like it hot. Not overly so, but I love being able to wear next to nothing and having the sun bake my ass a bit in the summer. The heat just feels so damn good.  :laugh:

:needpics:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »
I already know what your answer is Squiddy, you don't need to chime in. :razz:

Damn it!

You stole my gag :emosad: :moon:

Although to answer your question , Now I am  cold blooded , I can sit in the sun with a hoodie , combat trousers T shirt etc etc , all in black whilst drinking coffee, infact I did that this summer when there wwas a heatwave and I didn't break a sweat  8).

My family consider me extremely strange as they all sweat buckets  :laugh:

I used to be the same with winter , now I really struggle with winter and cold temperatures :snowman:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 02:49:01 PM »
I like cool, but not frosty. Find it hard to slep in the heat. Usually only put heating on in my bedrom a few times a year.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »
I prefer cooler weather to hotter weather.  I sweat in the heat and usually only need a light jacket in the winter unless it's extremely cold and I'm going to be out in it for an extended time.  For example, if we take our daughter snow sledding, we all wear snow pants, warm gloves and coats.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »
ORANGE JUICE IS THE BEST WAY TO GET A SHUGAR HIGH.... now that thats over with

i prefer the cold, that comes from the fact like im always producing heat. between me, my xbox and my laptop running at once in my room the place is a fucking sauna! im never cold and the odd occasion when i am cold its because im usually in -5 weather with a tee and pants -- my year round atire

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!