Educational

Author Topic: Get ride of the over complex registration process  (Read 2117 times)

Offline TheMachine1

• Rookie (be kind to me)
Get ride of the over complex registration process
« on: October 22, 2006, 08:35:16 PM »
If you want to get much more than 125 members. I only kept trying just to post this one message.

Bye.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Get ride of the over complex registration process
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 08:38:03 PM »
I'm so sorry you had trouble registering, TheMachine1.  What happened to you?

Offline TheMachine1

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 08:49:50 PM »
The image had unreadable character. I tried many guesses then gave up. Then I got mad so I was going
to figure away to login and cry. So my plan was to reload the page till a viewable picture came up.
Lucky it took one time but I had to retype  all my info again. Then when I found the e-mail I got
in msn spam folder the link was unclickable. So I had to copy and paste it. If you get anybody lazier or
dumber than me they will say forget it dude I'm outta here. Plus I got headache.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 08:51:12 PM »
If you want to get much more than 125 members. I only kept trying just to post this one message.

Bye.

so is that all you have to complain about... your in now arent you, so it cant have been THAT difficult....

for the sake of complaining eh...

n00bs :P

Offline TheMachine1

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 08:58:11 PM »

Bye.

so is that all you have to complain about... your in now arent you, so it cant have been THAT difficult....

for the sake of complaining eh...

n00bs :P

Yeah but I'm a relentless(is that a word?) a$$hole most people want be as determine. I was also asked
to mail a blood sample in within 7 days.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 09:06:07 PM »
hahahahahaha pmslrof

and yes relentless IS a word, however you grammar is that of a permenantly stoned politician (sorry thats george Bush i apologise)

8)

Offline TheMachine1

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 09:12:46 PM »
But really how can a site survive without Werbert? He is like an aspie god. He will be the aspie
that parts  Lake Michigan so all us American aspies can escape to Canada in the great aspie genocide
in the 2017.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 09:21:39 PM »
i hope not...   cos i believe the americans have done it (yet) again...

with their "Combatting Autism Act 2005"

most of you american aspies are gonna get "Cured" and the rest will (in True X-Men 3 Stylee), Conquer them puny dullards before they get too far just to prove the point....

;D

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 09:26:47 PM »
The blood sample was for me.   :bat:   ;) 

I'm sorry the whole registration process was so difficult for you.  The fact that you were persistent enough to register and post makes me want to figure out the problem, so thank you for being a relentless asshole.  By the way, you don't have to censor your profanity here, unless you just want to.  You would have a difficult time figuring out the only word in our swear filter.

The difficult-to-read characters are so people can register, but spambots cannot.  Some of the other websites that don't use CAPTCHAs have been completely overrun with spambots lately.   CAPTCHA, which is an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart", is that process with those sometimes almost unreadable characters you have to copy.  I know this explanation does not make it easier for you, but I thought you might like to know.

Let us try to make it up to you.  Would you like to choose a custom title for yourself, or would you like me to choose one for you? 

Before I am accused of playing favorites here, anyone who wants a custom title can ask for one.

Offline TheMachine1

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 09:32:00 PM »
Your so sweet but I will stick with Newbe. But its going to take me along time to come up with the blood
because I'm a machine. Hell who am I kidding we are all a computer simulations.

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »
The blood sample was for me.   :bat:   ;) 

I'm sorry the whole registration process was so difficult for you.  The fact that you were persistent enough to register and post makes me want to figure out the problem, so thank you for being a relentless asshole.  By the way, you don't have to censor your profanity here, unless you just want to.  You would have a difficult time figuring out the only word in our swear filter.

The difficult-to-read characters are so people can register, but spambots cannot.  Some of the other websites that don't use CAPTCHAs have been completely overrun with spambots lately.   CAPTCHA, which is an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart", is that process with those sometimes almost unreadable characters you have to copy.  I know this explanation does not make it easier for you, but I thought you might like to know.

Let us try to make it up to you.  Would you like to choose a custom title for yourself, or would you like me to choose one for you? 

Before I am accused of playing favorites here, anyone who wants a custom title can ask for one.

hey!! I'll have to hit you up on that one!!

Offline TheMachine1

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »
I notice I can see my e-mail icon but I selected not show my e-mail. Is that because I only see it? I
hate to get spam from Scrapheap for those penis enlargement pills he sales on WP

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 09:59:48 PM »
I notice I can see my e-mail icon but I selected not show my e-mail. Is that because I only see it? I
hate to get spam from Scrapheap for those penis enlargement pills he sales on WP

You can see your own email icon and the administrators can see it, but the rest of the members cannot.  If you make your email address public, then all the members can see it.

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 10:02:24 PM »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I thought we had an agreement TM1!!! You have to give me the $20 back!!

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 10:15:42 PM »
I'm sorry to sound cold, but I don't think i'm missing out on much by scaring away potential members so lazy they can't get past an inconvenience so minor.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.