Educational

Author Topic: OH SHI-  (Read 1059 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
OH SHI-
« on: December 07, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »
Julian Assange has been arrested:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11937110

While he handed himself in voluntarily, I fear he's in great danger now. :(

At any rate, incoming epic leak shitstorm in 3... 2... 1...
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: OH SHI-
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 07:15:19 AM »
I don't know why he (or anyone else for that matter) should think that he can rape two women in Sweden and hide out in London to evade being arrested.  Two women say he raped them and he says they had consentual sex, but that has to be decided in court, not by him running away to evade the law.

Mr Assange is accused by the Swedish authorities of one count of rape, one of unlawful coercion and two counts of sexual molestation, alleged to have been committed in August 2010.

If the district judge rules the arrest warrant is legally correct, he could be extradited to Sweden.

But the process could take months.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:20:37 AM »
So they re-issue the arrest warrant AFTER he leaked classified US government cables on wikileaks? Even though this warrant existed before then and was dropped previously due to lack of evidence?

This is a clear setup.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:56:03 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:26:18 AM »
It looks this way to me and what is worse it is using rape as an excuse.
This type of shit really pisses me off. Rape is a fucking horrendous crime and stuff like this trivialises it. As if that would ever help real cases of rape. This 20 second rapist set up and this and an assortment of other "fake" rape bullshit trivialises rape and makes it harder for real cases to get any credibility.
Whoever set this shit up ought to have shit beaten out of them and once more with more enthusiasm.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 08:46:50 AM »
He is fucked not matter what though, he should have gone out in a blaze of glory and released everything in one go.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »
He is fucked not matter what though, he should have gone out in a blaze of glory and released everything in one go.

You mean like releasing the decryption key for the insurance file?  I don't think that'll happen over something as minor as an arrest warrant and criminal charges of dubious merit.  I'd only expect the key to be released if Assange 'disappears' while in police custody, or his plane crashes into the North Sea on his way to Sweden or something else of that magnitude happens.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 11:15:20 AM »

You mean like releasing the decryption key for the insurance file?  I don't think that'll happen over something as minor as an arrest warrant and criminal charges of dubious merit.  I'd only expect the key to be released if Assange 'disappears' while in police custody, or his plane crashes into the North Sea on his way to Sweden or something else of that magnitude happens.

Exactly that, but I'm concerned that such a thing is inevitable and the longer they wait, the higher chance governments have in 'containing' the situation.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 11:18:22 AM »
I think the only way this poor guy can live a normal life again is if he does something along the lines of faking his death.

Theres no way he can continue either the governments will kill him or he'll be incarcerated for the rest of his years.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 08:38:03 PM »
I see anons are getting in on the action:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11935539

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 08:59:04 PM »
I see anons are getting in on the action:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11935539

Holy shit is this going to become WW3 but a web version?  :zombiefuck:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 09:15:26 PM »
Watching with bated breath. It's like forum drama on a global scale.  :laugh: :popcorn:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 09:26:08 PM »
Watching with bated breath. It's like forum drama on a global scale.  :laugh: :popcorn:

The first world war of the internets? That could be likely.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »

:lol:

The first world war of the internets? That could be likely.

:tinfoil: I'm sure Rage is organising the militia as we speak  :laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 09:46:40 PM »
I get the feeling the rape charges are a set-up.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »
You and everybody.  :P

I'm with Sir Les - it trivializes rape to use trumped-up rape charges as a political tool in the same way that cops use speeding as an excuse to pull you over and have a good rummage through your car.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.