Educational

Author Topic: Couple Starts Internet Poll on Whether or not They Have an Abortion  (Read 868 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
http://www.birthornot.com/

Apparently, Pete and Alisha have had three miscarriages before with three previous pregnancies and two of these miscarriages were earlier this year, so Alisha questioned whether she was emotionally ready to be a mother.  In addition, some sort of uterine hemorrhage developed which threatened this pregnancy as well and Alisha had to be put on bedrest, so she wanted to terminate while Pete very much wanted her to continue the pregnancy, so they agreed to start an internet poll and 'be influenced by the results.'  They will continue the poll until December 7, since December 9 is the last day Alisha can legally have an abortion in Minnesota, which is where they live.  Frankly, I'm kind of shocked they started a poll to let a bunch of random strangers vote on something that I think should be their and maybe their doctor's decision to make.  From reading what Alisha said in her most recent post there, I don't think they will be having an abortion no matter what the numbers say, however.

Scrapheap

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Couple Starts Internet Poll on Whether or not They Have an Abortion
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »
Thanks. 

I missed seeing that since Soph started it just before I went out of town for my Father-in-law's birthday and Thanksgiving.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 01:54:37 PM »
It is fake apparently. The site was registered before the date they claimed to have conceived. It's some "pro life" thing I think

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 05:12:47 AM »
It is fake apparently. The site was registered before the date they claimed to have conceived. It's some "pro life" thing I think

Thanks.

If it's fake, then that's actually a relief.

I'm pro-choice, so I know she has the right to do whatever she wants, but can you imagine trying to explain something like that to your child, that s/he's here only because of the votes of a million random strangers?  Although I think the abortion vote is currently winning.  I can't imagine a mother getting all those ultrasounds, posting them, bonding with her unborn baby, then aborting it just before the 20 weeks deadline because some silly internet poll told her to.  I would love that baby just the same whether it was healthy or sick.

Apparently, the couple was outed on the news and the mother was fired from her job over it.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 08:06:01 PM »

Thanks.

I'm pro-choice, so I know she has the right to do whatever she wants, but can you imagine trying to explain something like that to your child, that s/he's here only because of the votes of a million random strangers?  Although I think the abortion vote is currently winning.  I can't imagine a mother getting all those ultrasounds, posting them, bonding with her unborn baby, then aborting it just before the 20 weeks deadline because some silly internet poll told her to.  I would love that baby just the same whether it was healthy or sick.

Apparently, the couple was outed on the news and the mother was fired from her job over it.

What was her job? And can she sue for, er, wrongful termination?   :facepalm2:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:58:15 PM by couldbecousin »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »

Thanks.

What was her job? And can she sue for er, wrongful termination?   :facepalm2:

It was a computer software company caled TempWorks.  I guess she can sue, but I think in Minnesota an employee can be terminated by her employer for almost any reason.  The other employees were also ordered to have no further contact with her through Facebook, which seems more on the edge of legality to me. 

They have closed the poll.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »

Thanks.

What was her job? And can she sue for er, wrongful termination?   :facepalm2:

It was a computer software company caled TempWorks.  I guess she can sue, but I think in Minnesota an employee can be terminated by her employer for almost any reason.  The other employees were also ordered to have no further contact with her through Facebook, which seems more on the edge of legality to me. 

They have closed the poll.

I agree that the order to other employees to avoid this woman on Facebook seems very controlling and of questionable legality.
However, I'm glad the poll is closed. I imagine it caused some anguish to concerned people who took it seriously.  :-\

People forget.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 09:10:10 PM »
I found this, which says that although Pete was strongly pro-life and against abortion, Alicia was strongly pro-choice and abortion was indeed on the table for her when the poll was started, although she no longer thinks she could go through with an abortion now no matter what the poll numbers say:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pro-life-husband-pro-abort-wife-behind-abortion-poll-deny-hoax/

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 09:20:24 PM »
I found this, which says that although Pete was strongly pro-life and against abortion, Alicia was strongly pro-choice and abortion was indeed on the table for her when the poll was started, although she no longer thinks she could go through with an abortion now no matter what the poll numbers say:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pro-life-husband-pro-abort-wife-behind-abortion-poll-deny-hoax/

I see...still, I don't see the point of making such a personal decision into a circus.  ???

People forget.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »

I see...still, I don't see the point of making such a personal decision into a circus.  ???

Apparently, the website and ensuing media circus was primarily Pete's doing.  He was a strongly pro-life internet troll called ZEEBOID and he bought the birthornot domain several months before Alisha got pregnant this last time, shortly after she miscarried her second pregnancy this year.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 10:13:17 PM »

Apparently, the website and ensuing media circus was primarily Pete's doing.  He was a strongly pro-life internet troll called ZEEBOID and he bought the birthornot domain several months before Alisha got pregnant this last time, shortly after she miscarried her second pregnancy this year.

Yeah. Just read up about the guy. He sounds like the scum of the earth.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »

I wonder what's going to happen to their marriage when Alisha figures out how badly he has used her and their baby to further some sick agenda.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 10:17:43 PM »

I wonder what's going to happen to their marriage when Alisha figures out how badly he has used her and their baby to further some sick agenda.

I assumed she was in on the whole thing.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 09:27:54 AM »
At any rate, that kid has a fucked up future.

I can see it now... "Oh haha, your mom and dad posted a internet poll about whenever or not they should have aborted you. :hahaha: "
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.