Educational

Author Topic: Thanksgiving Music!  (Read 746 times)

DukeNukem

Re: Thanksgiving Music!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 04:46:18 PM »
The guys who say:

This is real fucking music, not that mainstream anti-individuality bullshit that the record companies put out and sell billions of copies of every year, because let's face it, most people are under media control.

Are usually just as brainwashed as the people they despise. For such "pure music", it sounds like the same bullshit to me.

Okay, then tell me what sounds like what I posted that is mainstream?

That was not my point. My point is that I think the genre sounds pretty much the same, making it as bad as the "mainstream" music you despise, IMO.

I don't get the obsession with whether music is mainstream or not, personally I'd like something regardless if it's well known or not. Sure I don't like most music of today myself, but does that warrant me to be a prick about it?

How would YOU know? What I have posted doesn't even scratch the surface of what doom metal is all about.

DukeNukem

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
Rush is good, but overplayed. My favorite album is "Caress of Steel". The 12 minute epic, "The Necromancer" is godly. :thumbup:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »
The guys who say:

This is real fucking music, not that mainstream anti-individuality bullshit that the record companies put out and sell billions of copies of every year, because let's face it, most people are under media control.

Are usually just as brainwashed as the people they despise. For such "pure music", it sounds like the same bullshit to me.

That was not my point. My point is that I think the genre sounds pretty much the same, making it as bad as the "mainstream" music you despise, IMO.

I don't get the obsession with whether music is mainstream or not, personally I'd like something regardless if it's well known or not. Sure I don't like most music of today myself, but does that warrant me to be a prick about it?

How would YOU know? What I have posted doesn't even scratch the surface of what doom metal is all about.

It's nonsense, that's what I think. Not enough variation for my liking.

DukeNukem

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »
The guys who say:

I only listen to entire albums, I rarely ever listen to just one song. Of course you're gonna get monotony if you have just one song.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2010, 05:03:09 PM »
If what you've posted doesn't even scratch the surface of what doom metal is about, why not post some songs that DO?
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

DukeNukem

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2010, 05:06:19 PM »
If what you've posted doesn't even scratch the surface of what doom metal is about, why not post some songs that DO?

Why don't I just post this article from IGN instead? There are some YouTube's on there too.

http://music.ign.com/articles/936/936179p1.html

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »
The guys who say:

I only listen to entire albums, I rarely ever listen to just one song. Of course you're gonna get monotony if you have just one song.

I think the entire genre is monotonus.

DukeNukem

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »
The guys who say:

I think the entire genre is monotonus.

QFT... as in, Quit Fucking Talking! :orly:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »
No. :zoinks:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 05:45:25 PM »
QFT... as in, Quit Fucking Talking! :orly:

Wow Shleeds fucking and talking at the same time?

Thats what I call multi-talented  :orly:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

DukeNukem

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »
If you were a Doom Metal fan, you wouldn't be complaining about today's music because there are plenty of great new talent out there, like Orchid, Jex Thoth, Hour of 13, Ghost, Briton Rites, Witchcraft, Blood Ceremony, etc., most are very reminiscent of 70's bands like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Sir Lord Baltimore, Jethro Tull, Blue Oyster Cult, etc.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2010, 11:08:17 AM »
Fucking hell, they're shit.

DukeNukem

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2010, 11:13:48 AM »
Fucking hell, they're shit.

No comments from the wigger section, please. :wanker:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »
I don't listen to rap. :orly:

Scrapheap

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »
I don't listen to rap. :orly:

Come on Shleed, you can be proud of your Snoop Dogg CD collection.  ::)